PDA

View Full Version : 2012 MRA Round 1 - NovGTU

spideyrdr
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Yet another video! The actual race starts around 3:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8-VJtGqZN4

This weekend I ran NovU for the second time and NovO for the first time. It was the first time on slicks, first time on that config at HPR. I didn't set any lap records, I wasn't entirely happy with my own confidence and ability to shake off the rust, but overall I kept it upright and finished mid-pack.

Jamie

Matrix
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Great vid. I went by you at the 4:07 mark (inside). Started 22nd. I was suprised the race went the distance. I was half expecting it to be red flagged a time or two based on all the horror stories I have heard but I thought it was pretty clean.

Edit: Holy shit...what happened to the guy at the 9:32 mark?

Slo
Mon May 7th, 2012, 02:45 PM
nice video....wish mine had been not corrupting my files.

Reyven
Mon May 7th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Edit: Holy shit...what happened to the guy at the 9:32 mark?

said he hit his brakes too hard bc he thought the guy in front of him was braking harder, and the back end started jumping so he couldnt make the turn. ended up dirt biking for a bit, then back on.

spideyrdr
Mon May 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM
said he hit his brakes too hard bc he thought the guy in front of him was braking harder, and the back end started jumping so he couldnt make the turn. ended up dirt biking for a bit, then back on.

That's what I figured happened - a little hot at the top o' the hill. I was being a wuss and hesitated to pass the rider in front of me in either 11, 12 or 13 and ended up losing some position for it. Thankfully the rider squiggled by and (I guess) kept it up. I think he got around me later.

Now that I am using the 720p mode on the GoPro, I am digging how the wider view lets me see tach, speedo, AND my hand work - a great tool for later review. I'm not very fast yet, but I have some video to work with. The speedo's way off but I can at least compare lap-to-lap to tell if I am struggling.

Reyven
Mon May 7th, 2012, 04:04 PM
That's what I figured happened - a little hot at the top o' the hill. I was being a wuss and hesitated to pass the rider in front of me in either 11, 12 or 13 and ended up losing some position for it. Thankfully the rider squiggled by and (I guess) kept it up. I think he got around me later.

Now that I am using the 720p mode on the GoPro, I am digging how the wider view lets me see tach, speedo, AND my hand work - a great tool for later review. I'm not very fast yet, but I have some video to work with. The speedo's way off but I can at least compare lap-to-lap to tell if I am struggling.

He did keep up, there are pics of his dirt bike action on the MRA forum, in Munch's pics.

I dont think he ever got back around you on this one. You guys were close together in both NovU and NovO.

spideyrdr
Mon May 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Great vid. I went by you at the 4:07 mark (inside). Started 22nd. I was suprised the race went the distance. I was half expecting it to be red flagged a time or two based on all the horror stories I have heard but I thought it was pretty clean.

I too was really worried about a pile up at the start of the race, so I gave up any position I had to get through safe. Most of the race was clean, at least from where I sat, which is a great outcome for the first weekend. I didn't quite get the finish I wanted but just finishing is the primary objective anyway.

spideyrdr
Mon May 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
He did keep up, there are pics of his dirt bike action on the MRA forum, in Munch's pics.

I dont think he ever got back around you on this one. You guys were close together in both NovU and NovO.

I am glad to hear he stayed up! I hadn't seen Munch's photos yet - he got some good ones!

I'll have NovO up here tonight. I see he has a GoPro - If he had some video, please post links. :)

green_zx7r
Mon May 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Great video and great ride! Got my blood pumping!

Who was the guy at around 07:10?

Reyven
Mon May 7th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I am glad to hear he stayed up! I hadn't seen Munch's photos yet - he got some good ones!

I'll have NovO up here tonight. I see he has a GoPro - If he had some video, please post links. :)

I dont think NovU recorded, but MWend and NovO did. I think maybe AgtU as well. I'll see if he has them posted anywhere.

spideyrdr
Mon May 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Great video and great ride! Got my blood pumping!

Who was the guy at around 07:10?

I have no idea who that was but they were gone in a hurry!

madvlad
Mon May 7th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Man that looks ridiculously fun and I'm jelly lol