PDA

View Full Version : An Ex bike thiefs advice and story

oh10raven
Wed May 9th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Pretty interesting read about an ex-bike thief.
http://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/t5shp/ex_thief_chopshop_operator_ama/

Makes me think my poor R1's days are numbered and it's only a matter of time before someone snags it.

Ted
Wed May 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
You leave your bike outside ?

oh10raven
Wed May 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
No, it's locked and covered, but parked in a gated parking garage which he claims, "The gated parking garage in a mid to high rise apartment building in the nice part of a large city is the number one place for bike thieves to go "shopping.". So I guess it's only a matter of time.

Ghosty
Wed May 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Normally I'd jump on the DIAF bandwagon, and think most criminals don't deserve a second chance, need to be strung up by their nuts and beaten with sticks, mace, pepper, and tazors for several weeks.

BUT, I'm glad he found the err of his ways. Now he's broke, practically homeless, and seems to regret his past life. For that I commend him. Glad his douche partner died, that's karma right there.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed May 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Wow! I'm definately going to want to read that in detail!

FZRguy
Wed May 9th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah, real bad karma to steal motorcycles. One of the two DB's that stole my dirtbike is dead at age 21. The other one will get his at some point.

BushyAR15
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Interesting read. I too am glad to see he realizes the error of his ways. But if I catch anyone stealing my bike(s); game over. While I've got firearms, I don't plan on using those. I've got pliers, sledge hammers, saws, spare batteries and can easily fashion probes. And when I'm done with them after a week or so, there is hundreds of square miles in Colorado to dump whats left....

Wrider
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Interesting read. I too am glad to see he realizes the error of his ways. But if I catch anyone stealing my bike(s); game over. While I've got firearms, I don't plan on using those. I've got pliers, sledge hammers, saws, spare batteries and can easily fashion probes. And when I'm done with them after a week or so, there is hundreds of square miles in Colorado to dump whats left....

There's gonna be something left?! You're much too kind sir.