PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Hero2 HD - what editing software to use?

troy_v
Wed May 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I just ordered a GoPro Hero2 HD camera with some various mounts. I plan to use it to record some motorcycle rides, some hikes, rafting trips, etc. I'm new to all this - what kind of editing software do you recommend for a Windows 7 machine? I'm hoping for something that's free which would allow me to edit sections of the video recording and to also dub in music. I'm not trying to produce something uber-professional, just some entertaining videos for family and friends.

Thanks for the suggestions
Troy

TinkerinWstuff
Wed May 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Win7 has editing software built in

Doesn't get any more "free" so to speak than that since you've already bought it

trinitypowder
Wed May 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I use windows movie maker-should be free on your pc. It works just fine-unless you're a Hollywood type:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWAUfECeecI

Jmetz
Wed May 9th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Stickers and feet, excellent vid! :D

enabler118
Wed May 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
the Cineform software that GoPro uses is fantastic for pre-production -- you can convert video files to smaller formats, change the framerate, even compile a series of images into a timelapse! It's not for combining different clips into a coherent movie like movie maker, but it could be useful to play around with before you get super into editing.

Zach929rr
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Sony Vegas.

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Sony Vegas.

This