PDA

View Full Version : Mille owners...

IQ
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 06:16 PM
I know there's a few of you on here who post regularly. What pipe/chip set up are you guys using? I've got the stock hunk-o-steel on my RSV and want some opinions.

cheers -Q

yakuza
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 06:32 PM
I know my buddy/race-mechanic Dave has tried several different chips and a couple of exhausts, hopefully he'll see this and post. If not, PM him, username 'irdave'.

irdave
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 10:24 PM
I've got to run right now, but Alex said you had a question... I'll try and get back here tomorrow evening... Anything directly, it's dago2 (at) comcast.net.

Arrow slip on right now. Have Arrow full 2 into 2 superbike (full ti) sitting in the other room, waiting to go on. Full system is supposedly good for 10 ponies at 8K, reliably. I've also got a Renegade airbox kit on the way.

Arrow chip has a big torque hit. (Fun around town)
RSV Ti Evo chip is smoother. (Better at the track)
FP 1413 chip is the shit. Period. But expensive.

I've got dyno's for most of them.

Let me know.

Anonymous
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Dave,

"The cheat is not dead,
I'm so glad the cheat is not dead."

Homestarrunner?

IQ
Thu Sep 18th, 2003, 10:44 PM
right on...thanks for the speedy reply!

the Arrow slip-on and chip combo sounds like a winner. How much would something like that cost? Can I install it myself or would it need to be done by a service tech?

RSVR4aCowboy
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 12:57 PM
I'm running the RSC shotguns w/ the RSC chip. Just a slip on. It's made by Arrow for aprilia. If you go to the Apriliaforum.com and go to the Mille archives, and do a search on exhaust, there was a dyno day spent by a shop testing chip/exhaust combos on the same bike and dyno. it pissed alot of the guys off cause the Renegade didn't fair too well. :twisted: RSC, and Arrow as I remember both did pretty well. Tigcraft has also gotten some favoirable feedback. If I see the test, I'll post the url.

RSVR4aCowboy
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Ran a search on the forum in the archives section and it only goes back to December. :x

Anonymous
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Ran a search on the forum in the archives section and it only goes back to December. :x

Well post whatever you find here, the tech and gear forums are never purged on this board so the info can be of use forever. :up:

IQ
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 05:03 PM
I looked over there first but got 50 different opinions. I figured you guys were local and would be a better resource anyway.

RSV4aCowboy...perhaps I could probably meet you sometime and hear what your pipe sounds like?

irdave
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Dave,

"The cheat is not dead,
I'm so glad the cheat is not dead."

Homestarrunner?

homestarrunner! Got my Trogdor with Majesty and Homsar (Raised by a cup of coffee) t-shirts today! WooHoo!!

And... the girl got a Teen Girl Squad string tank top, too... meow.

irdave
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Let's see. If you can't install them, I can. So don't be paying crazy prices for simple work. If you can get to Alex's garage, I can put in on. Hell, if you can get to one of the races with the stuff, I can put it on.

The Apriliaforum has the Ti can for $550 and the Al one for $450.

http://apriliaforum.safeshopper.com/91/cat91.htm?30

The Arrow stuff is kinda' loud. I don't usually notice it anymore, but then again, I don't hear that well anymore... If you want to hear the single can, get with me over the next couple of days because I'm putting on the 2 into 2 system. (I was waiting to find a bike for the girl before I put it one- found one!)

Let me know if you have any more questions.

RSVR4aCowboy
Fri Sep 19th, 2003, 07:15 PM
RSV4aCowboy...perhaps I could probably meet you sometime and hear what your pipe sounds like?
Anytime. I'm riding tomorrow in the hills... trying to get comfortable with the GP shifting. Sunday I'll be on Jessica's Memorial ride. I should be around tomorrow afternoon. You're in Aurora aren't you?

IQ
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 06:23 AM
If you want to hear the single can, get with me over the next couple of days - cool. I have to work today and Sunday for a few hours each day. Maybe Sunday afternoon? Are you up north?

...You're in Aurora aren't you? - yep. I live a block from Columbia Middle School. Back in the area behind Cub Foods at Tower and Hampden.

RSVR4aCowboy
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 07:27 AM
I'm at Hampden and Buckley area. I'll PM my cell.

Mike

irdave
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 08:27 AM
I work Sunday from 12-5, so after 5 works. And, yeah, I'm up north- in Fort Collins.

Let me know.

yakuza
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 01:27 PM
The Arrow stuff is kinda' loud.

Kinda?? It's really fuggin loud! When we used to ride on the street together, I could never hear my bike over his, whether he was in front or behind me going up the canyons.

IQ
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 01:30 PM
I like when I start my bike and it scares old ladies and small children :)

Anonymous
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 02:07 PM
I like when I start my bike and it scares old ladies and small children :)

Me too! :twisted: (You'll get a taste of Devil race-can love on the Jess ride... :) )

IQ
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 03:24 PM
I wish I could go! I have to work on the weekends so I have to do most of my riding during the week.

Anonymous
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Well, if you have the morning off at least, come on down to Panera and hang out before we leave! This many bikes will be a sight for sure...

IQ
Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 10:45 PM
no such luck...I'll have been at work for an hour by the time you guys are getting your coffee at Panera. Have fun and be safe.