PDA

View Full Version : UD Leathers?

Ghost
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Can't tell where these fall on the cool/idiotic scale.

I mean, watching TRON as a young kid probably solidified my love of bikes, and R/W/B VFR lovers could get the Captain America suit but still...

http://www.udreplicas.com/

big53lee
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Id get a hulk one!

BC14
Thu May 10th, 2012, 04:37 AM
CE Approved.... On the pricey side, though

mdub
Thu May 10th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Yea , that will be real cool showing up in one of those holloween costumes for a ride .

Vance
Thu May 10th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Can't tell where these fall on the cool/idiotic scale.

I mean, watching TRON as a young kid probably solidified my love of bikes, and R/W/B VFR lovers could get the Captain America suit but still...

http://www.udreplicas.com/

One of my best friends has The Dark Knight suit - his wife and daughter got it for him for his birthday. While at first you look at it and say "wow - that's like massively geeky" - you start to appreciate the detail really quick and the fact it's a functional set of riding leathers too.

Personally - I wanted, really really wanted, the DareDevil suit they did recently. I dislike wearing red - but this suit was just perfect when it comes to replica leathers:
http://www.moncoindesign.fr/wp-content/gallery/ud-replica/daredevil_01.jpg
Considering the movie outfit was based on motorcycle leathers to begin with - their replica totally nailed it and looked quite awesome. I'd have proudly worn this... when I get a new bike next year of course.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM
The Tron Rinzler jacket is pretty badass. They need a Boba Fett setup, heh. The Stormtrooper outfit would've been sweet for Halloween on my old white R6.

grim
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I would rock the shit out of a white storm trooper suit and helmet on my ninja!!!

Vance
Thu May 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
The Tron Rinzler jacket is pretty badass. They need a Boba Fett setup, heh. The Stormtrooper outfit would've been sweet for Halloween on my old (white/black) R6.

Rumor has it they're working on a Fett setup with a zipper setup like TDK where it integrates under a piece of the armor. The gloves would be full length gauntlet types too... the question will be - will it be ESB Fett coloring, or ROTJ Fett coloring... or will they make it easier on themselves and go Jango?

Yes... I am geeking at the notion.

Vance
Thu May 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I would rock the shit out of a white storm trooper suit and helmet on my ninja!!!

All white Ducati 848 would look better.

grim
Thu May 10th, 2012, 10:08 AM
All white Ducati 848 would look better.

I ride an all white '05 ZX6R with white halo's mine will do just fine.

Ghost
Thu May 10th, 2012, 11:21 AM
The Tron Rinzler jacket is pretty badass. They need a Boba Fett setup, heh. The Stormtrooper outfit would've been sweet for Halloween on my old white R6.

Yeah, that was actually the one that I could most see myself wearing...

Don't get me wrong, I love the Darktrooper or Batman ones, but I'm not sure my closeted geek is that comfortable wearing that shit out in public.

The Tron ones look cool without being immediately identifiable to the general public at large, those geeks who know will know what it is, but to everyone else it just looks more-or-less like typical riding leathers.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Normally I think underglow LED's are ricey, but with that Rinzler jacket, you almost would have to get some red ones, hahaa.