#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:41 AM
http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-wins-maine-nevada-and-iowa

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Flying under the radar...

vort3xr6
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Ron Paul is gonna cause Obama to be elected again. While I do hope some of the guy's policies get implemented, he is too extreme for conservative America. If he gets the GOP nomination OR runs as an independent. Obama wins.

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Ron Paul is gonna cause Obama to be elected again. While I do hope some of the guy's policies get implemented, he is too extreme for conservative America. If he gets the GOP nomination OR runs as an independent. Obama wins.

:lol: It would be the Republican party this go round that is solely responsible for Obama getting 4 more. Do not fool yourself.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Good for RP supporters, that's what this country should be about. They're as enthusiastic and effective as the BO supporters 4 years ago. Taking it to the street, not just from behind a keyboard.

Interesting how Republicans are even reverting to underhanded tactics to screw with the RP delegates.

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:17 PM

Couldnt disagree more. O won his first election off and i will quote. Hope and change. Im tired of doing the lessor of two evils. I dont care if he wins or not im voting for him. A man that flat out predicted the world we live in ten years ago should be listened to more.

~Barn~
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Obama 2012. Count it.
=)

Jmuduke3140
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
If Ron Paul even got HALF the media coverage they give Obamney he would be the nominee no question. The fact that he's winning all of these states despite the obvious media manipulation against him is a testament to how much the people want him to win. All of his rally videos on Youtube show at least 2000 people or more at every event. He is the true frontrunner who would actually change things for the better, which is why the establishment doesn't want him to win.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Not necessarily, but I agree, I would like to see him get more time. Remember RP has lots of great qualities and goals, but he also has a lot of past stuff that could haunt him. And more media exposure to some of his more radical libertarian ideas could cut both ways, depending on which demographic.

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Obama 2012. Count it.
=)

You are probably right but it would just be another four of the same. As a o supporter dont you want some change? Or are you just cheering for your team?

~Barn~
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:10 PM
You are probably right but it would just be another four of the same. As a o supporter dont you want some change? Or are you just cheering for your team?

The changes I've been wanting to see are pretty much underway. I don't expect 4 (or even 8 ) years to be a full cycle timeframe for beginning-to-end shifts in the way we fundamentally run this country. I understand that things like this take time, and often much more than a leader actively sits in office.

The below are broad citations to be sure, but "progress" by definition has a beginning, a middle, and eventually the payoff. What is happening now, is quite simply only the beginning:

- The reduction of US involvement in overseas conflicts.
- Increased oversight into our fundamental financial and banking industries.
- Pushes toward renewable and sustainable energy platforms and reduced dependance on fossil fuels.
- Healthcare reform and availability to US citizens.
- The end of favorable legislation that allows "government" to sidestep rules that the general populace must adhere to.

Again, I understand these are four pretty open-ended "goals" if you will, but it's the direction that I think deserves to stay the course. As each one continues forward, and milestones are reached, there will be ancillary benefits observed, that the "everyman" can relate to:

- A healthy, educated, and productive, citizenry.
- A stable economy no-longer teetering on the gambles of unscrupulous financial giants, looking to increase their stranglehold on available wealth.
- A properly inhabitable country, not burdened and bogged down by environmental tensions.
- A fit, ready, and rested military that not only rewards and protects those who volunteer, but also cares for those thave have served and performed their duties.
- Etc... Etc...

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
And i find those mute to the ideas of freedom. Freedom as in the abilities to be free. Healthcare reform as in oh you cant afford it... fine we will ticket you for not having it. Ndaa. Not a whole lot to say about that one. Our internet is now a joke. So yeah more of the same.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Agree 100% with Barn above.

We ALL vote for "the lesser of two evils", because no ONE candidate can please everyone especially moderates like me, or it's extremely rare. I'm an O supporter, but that doesn't mean I think he's "the Messiah", nor perfect, or even near perfect. BUT, I do like about 3/4 of what he's done, and only have problems with about a 1/4 of the MANY things he's tackled. Whereas my personal opinion is that McCain wouldn't have done near as much, especially on issues that I put at the top of my list. Don't ask me to pull out the laundry list of Obama pros/cons, because the post would require explaining every point, and be WAY longer than Barn's above. Be happy that there are a lot of cons in the list though.

When people say he hasn't done anything, I kinda wonder if they've been living under a <FoxNews> rock or something? Also, I really frown on people who think the slow economic recovery would be any quicker (considering the global situation), under a Republican, doubtful imo.

P.S. My IDEAL candidate would be my own custom Frankenstein combo of Obama & RonPaul, lol.

~Barn~
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
And i find those mute to the ideas of freedom. Freedom as in the abilities to be free. Healthcare reform as in oh you cant afford it... fine we will ticket you for not having it. Ndaa. Not a whole lot to say about that one. Our internet is now a joke. So yeah more of the same.

Your use of the word "freedom" is too nebulous. You have to be able to articulate the specific things in life that you want/don't want.

Are we devoid of freedom, because we are all (for now) doomed by the specre of our mortality?

Is freedom defined by the number of loaded guns we can strap to our bodies while we shop for laundry detergent at Target? (or Walmart if you're one of those peope...) [/Sarcasm]

Is it something as black & white as the mathmatics behind how our income is taxed?

The thing is Townie..... You may ask 10 different people if they are more "free" now than they were 4 years ago, and you'll likely get 10 different answers. (or 10 different confused looks...) But ask 10 different people to list off some ideals they would like to see pursued by their country over the next decade, and you might just start seeing some commonality. ;)

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Oh the economics in government is retarded all the way around. It would be any different who was in office. My views is this. Each year we see another bill that limits our rights. Im tired of it. Love em or hate em but the occupied people are a very good example of civil unrest. The people are tired. Over worked and flat out stolen from. Every administration has done this. Obama care is a joke. Do i think that part of the system is broken? Yes. Did obama fix it? No. The idea of forcing people to buy a privately owned substance is flat out un american. Not to mention putting more miney into the hands of the people who helped fuck it all up to begin with.

Look i will never support obama because time and time again he says one thing and does another. Im sure i dont need to post links backing that up.

At the end of the day people can say things have goten better but i dont see it. Neither does a lot of other people. Still the same old shit different president.

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I agree with Barn but also think 150 million or so Americans need to be wiped out.

Solution: Walmart has a HUGE sale at 12:00pm on Saturday. Locks the doors and burns them all to the ground. Bye bye fuck tards :devil2:

~Barn~
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:42 PM
<Snip...> but [I] also think 150 million or so Americans need to be wiped out.

Welcome to the No-Fly list. :up:

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Your use of the word "freedom" is too nebulous. You have to be able to articulate the specific things in life that you want/don't want.

Are we devoid of freedom, because we are all (for now) doomed by the specre of our mortality?

Is freedom defined by the number of loaded guns we can strap to our bodies while we shop for laundry detergent at Target? (or Walmart if you're one of those peope...) [/Sarcasm]

Is it something as black & white as the mathmatics behind how our income is taxed?

The thing is Townie..... You may ask 10 different people if they are more "free" now than they were 4 years ago, and you'll likely get 10 different answers. (or 10 different confused looks...) But ask 10 different people to list off some ideals they would like to see pursued by their country over the next decade, and you might just start seeing some commonality. ;)

Lol no barn but for the first time in our country our government had the right to lock someone up without due process. Pretty sure all ten people would agree that would make us no longer free. No idea of privacy anymire because now our internet is now fully monitored.

No barn the idea of being lead off to camps isin our futures. Ignore it if you want. Its there.

I once argued with you about the patriot act. I was foolish for that. But now ive noticed that all the bush did that pissed you off so bad you say nothing about when obama does it.

Why is that? Was it simple minded hate for the other team? Simple minded love for the home team?

I remember once someone describing the loss of our rights as a frog in a pot. If you just throw it into the hot water it will jump out. If you start it in cold water and slowly heat it up it will just sit there until its dead. Im worried this is whats happening.

grim
Thu May 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Look i will never support obama because time and time again he says one thing and does another. Im sure i dont need to post links backing that up.

What president have you been alive to see that did everything they said they were going to do?

Solution: Walmart has a HUGE sale at 12:00pm on Saturday. Locks the doors and burns them all to the ground. Bye bye fuck tards

Burning is not efficient enough in a Walmart people adapt to the environment and will find a way out, need to have a controlled implosion of the building once it has reached full capacity.

~Barn~
Thu May 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I like the "frog in the pot" simile. I'm gonna use that. ;)

Ezzzzy1
Thu May 10th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the No-Fly list. :up:

:lol: Could you imagine? Checking into a flight and the agent is like "these gentlemen would like to talk to you"...

Burning is not efficient enough in a Walmart people adapt to the environment and will find a way out, need to have a controlled implosion of the building once it has reached full capacity.

Agreed... Blow the bitch up. Done.

#1Townie
Thu May 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM
What president have you been alive to see that did everything they said they were going to do?

Haha none. But this is also my complaint about the government.

Zach929rr
Thu May 10th, 2012, 03:54 PM
There's an issue with bound delegates in Nevada right now however the Paul people are causing a serious uproar.