PDA

View Full Version : Packjack...brilliant

bornwildnfree
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
http://www.packjack.ca/order.php

Great idea. So ordering one.

Wrider
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Nice, but if anyone has a Duc 1198 or Panigale, don't use this. Your kickstand is mounted in your engine cases, which makes it very weak. Apparently a few 1198 and Panigale owners have tried to do "kickstand garage turns" and ended up needing a new motor because it tears out a chunk of the engine case.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
...tried to do "kickstand garage turns" and ended up needing a new motor because it tears out a chunk of the engine case.
Wow! Good to know, heh.

They're making a killing on that PackJack. $45 for something that probably costs less than $10 to produce, nice. Wish I could invent something useful...

Penadam
Thu May 10th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Spoof has one. Worked great for lubing our chains when we did a 1200 mile trip where it rained every day. Only annoying thing is having to adjust the bolt (for height) when going between bikes.

mxer
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Nice, but if anyone has a Duc 1198 or Panigale, don't use this. Your kickstand is mounted in your engine cases, which makes it very weak. Apparently a few 1198 and Panigale owners have tried to do "kickstand garage turns" and ended up needing a new motor because it tears out a chunk of the engine case.

Idiotic design.

mdub
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:10 PM
how does it really work? i open up the link. the rear tire remains on the ground...? Looks a bit flimsy...I see caution all over this.

Hoot
Thu May 10th, 2012, 08:31 PM
You use it with your kickstand down, so no chance of it going over. It just lifts the right side of the bike higher while the kickstand holds it up too. YouTube has a couple of vids... Works as advertised it seems

Clovis
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Or just get a real bike that has a center stand :)

willb003
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
OR you can just use any piece of aluminum or steel or wood. I use to do this in FL when I needed to adjust the chain at the spot. Used a wrench one time, worked fine.

Ghosty
Thu May 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
how does it really work? i open up the link. the rear tire remains on the ground...? Looks a bit flimsy...I see caution all over this.
In the video it looks like the tire is still on the ground, but it's actually up just enough to spin.