PDA

View Full Version : Deals Gap

snake226
Thu Jul 21st, 2005, 12:08 PM
Last minute space in the trailer. Meeting some college buddies from back east out at the Dragon. Went last year as well, now it's become an annual thing.

We are staying at the Tapoco Lodge, which is at the base of Fugitive Bridge, at the start of the Dragon on the NC side. Stay with us or get your own room. Four of us going, we have two rooms. Nice place, decent food, inexpensive rooms.

Laid back group of guys, last year we spent the days riding, nights drinking beer and just hanging out. Most likely will spend a couple of days on the Dragon, and also do a couple of longer rides like Cherahola.

Can do one or two bikes in the trailer, if anyone has an interest let me know.

Wahooman
Thu Jul 21st, 2005, 10:56 PM
Hmmmm.......have to see about this, but probably can't swing it after the Dragon in April, MotoGp in July, Vegas in July, and a fall family trip.
Glad you are staying at the only place you can buy beer around there! Have fun and ride safe. If you run into Daryl (Killboy) tell him CSC says Hello!

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 21st, 2005, 11:15 PM
I was gonna post up that pic of all our bikes loaded up w/ beer...but I can't find it :( .....Ahhh...good times

Player 2
Fri Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
Ask and ye shall receive ;)

Dreaming of the Dragon... how I long to be there... Bookmark this URL for the pics from the Gap Rob... http://rankeddomains.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=20

http://rankeddomains.com/photos/albums/Dragon/normal_P4210563.JPG
http://rankeddomains.com/photos/albums/Dragon/normal_P1010364.JPG

snake226
Fri Jul 22nd, 2005, 12:33 PM
Glad you are staying at the only place you can buy beer around there!

Yeah.......that's not an accident either. It's nice when the only liquor store in the county is a few hundred feet away.

The cargo nets on the tank also work I guess :lol:

Sully
Fri Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Ahhhh Princess.... I never get tired of looking at those pictures.... what a great trip.... :yes:

Player 2
Fri Jul 22nd, 2005, 05:28 PM
The cargo nets on the tank also work I guess :lol:

Worked quite well since we were staying at the base of the Skyway... squeezed another 2 cases into the backpack ;) :lol:

Ahhhh Princess.... I never get tired of looking at those pictures.... what a great trip.... :yes:

Same here... I can't wait for next spring :D

Gramps
Sat Jul 23rd, 2005, 07:39 AM

i don't think anyone who went on this trip will ever forget it, it was as close as you get to a perfect vacation, with a wonderful group :D

Keyser Soze
Sat Jul 23rd, 2005, 09:22 AM

i don't think anyone who went on this trip will ever forget it, it was as close as you get to a perfect vacation, with a wonderful group :D

I tell you what..you sum bitches hit that nail on the head :lol:

Boy Scout
Sat Jul 23rd, 2005, 05:40 PM

I tell you what..you sum bitches hit that nail on the head :lol:
I thought the trip sucked! It was far too short to ride all of the great roads back there. :lol: Guess that gives me a reason to go back. :up:

Player 2
Sat Jul 23rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
I thought the trip sucked! It was far too short to ride all of the great roads back there. :lol: Guess that gives me a reason to go back. :up:

Good point Nate... It was definitely not long enough ;)