PDA

View Full Version : Support for a fallen rider.

Nooch
Fri May 11th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I looked around to make sure this wasn't against the rules or anything so I apologize if there is a more appropriate format I should be using for these kinds of things. Jackie O'Mara, a friend of my family was hit by a truck on May 9 while riding her motorcycle home after work. She suffered several injuries and will require multiple surgeries over the next several weeks. Jackie unfortunately does not have medical insurance and so her family has setup a page on Giveforward.com to ask for prayers, support and donations to help with the emotional and financial tolls. I realize that I am still reasonably new to the CSC community, but I would like to ask for support in any form from my friends here. I would also welcome any suggestions of other websites or organizations that we could turn to for support for Jackie. And it would also be helpful if anyone would be willing to help spread the word for Jackie on other forums, Facebook, etc. Thanks in advance for any support or encouragement you can offer!

http://www.giveforward.com/jackieomara

Slo
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Doesn't matter if you are new or not, if someone you know is in a bad spot, post up. Better than not posting at all.

I'm willing to cut down on some snacks this week and such to make my donation.

Jmetz
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Sorry about your friend Nooch. Hope she recovers well and quickly.

madvlad
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Donation for her on the way bro, wish her a quick recovery fo sho!

Sully
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry to hear this :( Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Is she possibly covered by her bike/auto insurance? Or if the truck driver was at fault, hopefully their insurance will pay?

Ghosty
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Very sorry to hear about the accident, especially when a rider is injured. I hope for the best for her and her family. :( I'll check out her website.

Her cycle insurance didn't cover any medical? Who got the ticket in the accident, was it deemed her fault by the cops? Just wondering...

Jmetz
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah, and done! :up:

Slo
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Done.

Wrider
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear this :( Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Is she possibly covered by her bike/auto insurance? Or if the truck driver was at fault, hopefully their insurance will pay?

Agreed on the speedy recovery.

The problem with CO's no-fault insurance is that you get to pay for everything out of pocket, THEN you get reimbursed. Put it this way, my cousin was riding in a car being driven by the least high/drunk among them, who didn't see a curve in a dirt road and went directly over it. Car hit a boulder, flipped over, and landed upside down in a creek. My cousin is a quadriplegic because of this accident. If my uncle didn't make 6 figures and have 6 figures in savings they would have gone bankrupt trying to get all of his medical care covered, because they weren't reimbursed for almost 2 years after the fact. Long after the driver had gotten a new car, and stopped by my cousin's hospital room to show off the new car and his new girl, without once saying he was sorry or trying to help.

Oh and donation sent. :)

Nooch
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Wow you guys are awesome! :bow: Thank you all so much!!! I know the O'Mara family appreciates the support!

FZ1Guy
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:45 PM
donation sent... hope she recovers well!

GuitarX
Fri May 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Donation given. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend and I hope she recovers fully.

Slo
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I gotta say, I know some of us are tight on funds, but we still manage to scrape together some $$$ to help out someone we will never meet. F*cking awesome.

madvlad
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Done and posted on FB too

Nooch
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Faith in humanity...RESTORED!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Cornfed
Fri May 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
We don't need government hand outs and bullshit welfare programs. We can take care of each just fine without big brother's help. Donation sent.

kingtut
Fri May 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
We don't need government hand outs and bullshit welfare programs.

Amen.

Back OT: Donated

Nooch
Fri May 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I don't wanna put anyone in an awkward position so I won't ask anyone to raise their hand, but whoever donated $200, you are my personal god! :shocked: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Seriously guys, I never expected this sort of response. Thank you all for your support! 10 years in the riding community for me and I've never felt the brotherhood so strongly before today. There is so much awesomeness in this thread! :applause: :bow: :cheers:

FZRguy
Fri May 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Donation forthcoming on payday, the 15th. Nooch, you might take a look at Rider Down Foundation.

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php

Slo
Fri May 11th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah we may all b*tch and talk sh*t on almost all threads on CSC..... But in the end, we put our differences aside to help each other out it seems.

D_Sp8s
Fri May 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Donation sent. Sorry I couldn't give more.

madvlad
Fri May 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Donation sent. Sorry I couldn't give more.

It's the thought that counts dood, anything helps.

Spiderman
Sat May 12th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Donation forthcoming on payday, the 15th. Nooch, you might take a look at Rider Down Foundation.

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php

Don't forget about ABATE's Randy Run Fund to Aid Fallen Bikers (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37587)

Supah Tweety
Sat May 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
My thoughts are with you and Jackie. I will donate what I can now, and more next Friday when I get paid.

mastap07
Mon May 14th, 2012, 06:38 AM
thoughts and prayes go out to Jackie and her family from our family for a speedy recovery.

FZRguy
Tue May 15th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Any update on how she is doing?

Nooch
Wed May 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
She's doing great actually. Her last surgery was Friday and it went as well as anyone could have hoped. She still has a long way to go but she's awake now and she's talking a little bit too. By all accounts, she is stable and definitely heading down the road to recovery. Just a question of time now. Thanks again to everyone for all of your support! The response the O'Mara family has gotten, particularly from the CSC family has been nothing short of mind blowing! You guys really are 7 shades of awesome! :bow:

Slo
Wed May 16th, 2012, 10:09 AM
That's good to hear.....

thankgod
Sat May 19th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Hope she's doing well....we need to watch out for one another...if she needs a donation or any help in which I could be of assistance, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

mdub
Sat May 19th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Nooch fell last nite. :(.... Hopefully AOK303 can post up the pics. His helmet definitey saved his life.

thankgod
Sat May 19th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Nooch fell last nite. :(.... Hopefully AOK303 can post up the pics. His helmet definitey saved his life.

DAMN! WTF happened Dub? Is he ok? You guys pushing the limits again??? Hope he is not all banged up! Good thing he had his lid on, when I wrecked Dr. said I would be dead if I wasn't wearing my helmet.:puppy: