PDA

View Full Version : Where is a cheap place to get my suspension done for my 06' yz250r

Will the Thrill
Wed May 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I have a 2006 YZ250 that needs all the suspension redone. Where is the most inexpensive place to get this done? Please help

UglyDogRacing
Wed May 16th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Try Jim Bennett at Racers Edge in Lakewood- 303-986-2107

rybo
Wed May 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Fast
Cheap
Good

Pick any two.

I have and always will recommend Dave Rose at STM Suspension (www.stmsuspension.com)

Don't look at it solely in terms of dollars spent, but rather value gained.

Case in point - just about anyone with some mechanical ability can change the oil and seals in fork.

Just about anyone with mechanical ability and a few special tools can do the same with a shock.

The question really is what are you getting for your money?

I know of several instances in the very recent past where in his work on other people's suspension Dave has discovered manufacturing and assembly errors that happened at the factory and put them right. Was it the cheapest service out there? No. Did it provide the greatest value? Yes.

Most mechanics would not have taken the suspension far enough apart to discover these problems and the suspension would have never worked quite right. Dave does extremely thorough and competent work that provides great value for the money - a true expert in his field.

FZRguy
Wed May 16th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Both shops do excellent work, and suspension $ is money well spent.