PDA

View Full Version : We need cornerworkers for tomorrow's races!

tecknojoe
Fri May 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Do you want to watch racing from closer to the track than you've ever been?

Do you want to make some quick cash?

Do you want to see how a real man, or woman ;), rides a motorcycle?

We need cornerworkers at Pikes Peak raceway tomorrow for the MRA races!

Let me know if you're interested!

To me it's one of the things I enjoy doing in my free time the most. Hanging out all day watching the racers kill it. You won't believe how much you'll learn just by watching.

powers
Fri May 18th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I know someone that might be interested in helping Sunday. She wouldn't be able to do anything the required lifting/moving a bike, but she could help with admin type things?

I have never corner worked, so no idea what it requires or even pays.

asp_125
Fri May 18th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Doo eet! Cornerworkers get the best view of the action!

tecknojoe
Fri May 18th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I know someone that might be interested in helping Sunday. She wouldn't be able to do anything the required lifting/moving a bike, but she could help with admin type things?

She can flag. no lifting required. I will pm you the info in a few, i wont be there sunday. I think for new people its 50 the first day then another 65 the second. And free lunch, booya

tecknojoe
Fri May 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Doo eet! Cornerworkers get the best view of the action!

He's right. Last time i worked PPIR, i had to remember to not lean too far over the wall because the racers are close enough to high five. Whew!

tecknojoe
Fri May 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM

oops double post

VryfastRR
Fri May 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM
What time do you need to be there and what time does it end?

DemonRider
Fri May 18th, 2012, 07:23 PM
probably not this weekend but i would like some info for future :) can you PM me the info?

tecknojoe
Fri May 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Sorry for the late reply, was out running around

What time do you need to be there and what time does it end?

Usually have to be there at 7am. It goes until the racing is over, but usually around 5 on saturdays and around 3:30 or 4 on sundays

probably not this weekend but i would like some info for future :) can you PM me the info?

Yea I'll send you the info. Come out for the next round!

madvlad
Sun May 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Hey man I'm interested in doing corner work too, send me the info please. This will help fund my S.S and lapping days while I learn

Solinary
Sun May 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Usually have to be there at 7am. It goes until the racing is over, but usually around 5 on saturdays and around 3:30 or 4 on sundays

0630 on Saturdays and 0645 on Sundays.

Slo
Sun May 20th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Thank you to all that sacrifice your weekend to keep all of us as safe as possible out there. You guys/gals seriously are way under rated at most times.

Reality is, even those that don't get hurt or go down are constantly relying on you all to keep us as safe as possible!!!