PDA

View Full Version : Fatal crash

aerofaze
Sun May 20th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Damn, we walked past an orange SV downtown COS last night, too (corner of Tejon and Kiowa, if I'm remembering right).

KKTV (http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Man_dies_In_Motorcycle_Accident_152192215.html):
Police say speed and alcohol were factors in a crash that killed a motorcycle rider early Sunday morning.

Shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday, a motorcycle crashed into the yard of a house on the corner of Cheyenne Boulevard and Cascade Avenue in Colorado Springs. Witnesses say they saw the orange 2003 Suzuki SV 1000 lose control and crash into a rock retaining wall in the yard of the house. The rider was not wearing a helmet.

Police believe the victim was traveling around 50-60 mph at the time of the crash.
The man’s identity has not been released.

Clovis
Sun May 20th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

thankgod
Sun May 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Yipes!:shock:

3D
Sun May 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I have done the math...... :horse:

Bike(Speed+Alcohol) = No Helmet
Bike(SPAlcohol)= No Helmet
Stupidity = No Helmet
Stupidity Stupidity

Death

#1Townie
Sun May 20th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Thats what they say about all of us. Drunk high... Sober. Doesnt matter. We are darwins choice for the public.

Rip to another rider. Hope his family can find peace.

Slo
Sun May 20th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Thats what they say about all of us. Drunk high... Sober. Doesnt matter. We are darwins choice for the public.

Rip to another rider. Hope his family can find peace.

+1

Moose73
Sun May 20th, 2012, 11:05 PM
RIP

mastap07
Mon May 21st, 2012, 06:28 AM
RIP rider. you would think someone would learn from stupid decisions like this but you see it all the time unfortunately....

daemon
Mon May 21st, 2012, 03:57 PM
RIP rider. you would think someone would learn from stupid decisions like this but you see it all the time unfortunately....

Yep, just lost a co-worker and friend today for the same reason!
http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20120521/NEWS/705219977/1051&ParentProfile=1001

YrDaDy
Mon May 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM
RIP.

Ride with gear people!

Ghost
Mon May 21st, 2012, 05:46 PM
Drunk and no helmet?

What he expect?

Fuck him, I've no sympathy.

Ghosty
Mon May 21st, 2012, 06:13 PM
R.i.P., sorry you made some poor choices. We all have, but a harsh lesson to learn. Sympathy for their family.

mdub
Mon May 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Drunk and no helmet?

What he expect?

yep FUCK HIM!!!!! No sympathy for the stoopids...

daemon
Mon May 21st, 2012, 06:57 PM
yep FUCK HIM!!!!! No sympathy for the stoopids...

Yes,I agree.
but then again I remember when I made the same poor choices in my youth and thank the lord my family tried to set me straight.
We are all better blessed by our family.
Condolences to his.

daemon
Mon May 21st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Drunk and no helmet?

What he expect?

Sober and no helmet...same result.

mdub
Mon May 21st, 2012, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=daemon;672894]I remember when I made the same poor choices in my youth and thank the lord my family tried to set me straight.
QUOTE]

your lord and family must've set you straight. your here enjoying life.

#1Townie
Mon May 21st, 2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah fuck all riders.

Chief Stinky
Mon May 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM
We lives and we dies. Some get there quicker.

RIP, condolences to the family.

Ghosty
Mon May 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Yeah fuck all riders.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/blink.gif

daemon
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
your lord and family must've set you straight. your here enjoying life.[/QUOTE]

True....and I am grateful for it.

daemon
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 06:50 AM
Yeah fuck all riders.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/blink.gif

He just likes the "f" word.....

#1Townie
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
No i hate when people feel they can bash a rider. Saying fuck him. People dont ever think think. You have no idea who that rider is. His family could be on here. He already died..... he paid the full price. Only people the hate comments could affect are his so family.

So to all you super cool fuck him comments... i say fuck you faggot.

CafeRacer
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah my wife told me about the crash after I came back from a poker run that same Saturday. The good thing about it is that now shes more accepting of me puchchasing riding gear.

daemon
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM
Alright...I guess I was being a bit harsh..I retract my agreement to the statement...
I guess I was still bent on Toms mistake.
I hope you will defend me when I pull the final stupid act....

Ghosty
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
No i hate when people feel they can bash a rider.

Understand completely, hence my sympathetic OP. I did expect you were being sarcastic. I think everyone assumes the chances of a family/friend of his being on CSC is negligible to none.

mdub
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 02:35 PM
No i hate when people feel they can bash a rider. Saying fuck him. People dont ever think think. You have no idea who that rider is. His family could be on here. He already died..... he paid the full price. Only people the hate comments could affect are his so family.

wow you really think deep on this thread. Bash a rider? I dont call some one w/o a helmet a rider. I call them stupid.

Drinking so much you are not able to comprehend reality is fuck'd up. A decent rider should know his ability. Yeah anything could happen even w/o being under the influence. Hell i'm guilty i do it. But i'm smart enough not to get close to kill myself and i wear a helmet. Every time i throw a leg over my bike i put myself and others around in jeapardy. i think you are way off of the hate comments affecting his family. His family could also agree. You dont know the fact unless you personally know.

Slo
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
You may call someone without a helmet stupid...and not a rider. But there are those that call anyone that is on two wheels stupid...no matter what they wear or don't.

The drinking....well that was his mistake and it cost him his life.....it also cost everyone that knew him. That cannot be fixed.

It's good to know that if there is a day I cruise to the store or starbucks, and for some reason I don't wear my helmet and get hit/killed, that there are people on here to remind my friends and family at how stupid I was.

mdub
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 03:20 PM
good ... and that is why we are all different from one another.

thankgod
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
You know I don't wish death upon anyone (except for republicans) but the blood lust makes me ill to my stomach when it come to things like this. Have some fucking respect people. Sigh.

Ghost
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 05:40 PM
You know I don't wish death upon anyone (except for republicans) but the blood lust makes me ill to my stomach when it come to things like this. Have some fucking respect people. Sigh.

It's not bloodlust. I never wished the guy ill, nor wish it on others.

But, I also don't care that this idiot killed himself, and I'm glad he only killed himself and no one else.

And, fwiw, I see most of these "RIP" threads as nothing more than spam-replies.
As if spamming "RIP" will somehow add karma to you for wishing this poor downed rider hadn't died--which I don't buy.

IF you knew him, if he was some great, amazing, wonderful person who was your friend/lover/husband whatever, and he died, then sure, I get why you're upset.

If he's some no-name rider that you never met, that you didn't know, and whose only connection to you is that he rides then so what?

Do you post up "RIP Heart Attack Victim" because you both have hearts?

How about "RIP Bathtub Slip" because you take showers?

Or "RIP Cager" since we all drive cars as well?

I don't think we're out for blood for simply saying "I don't feel badly that some idiot got drunk, rode without a helmet, and died because of it."

He's not some heroic firefighter dying in the line of duty saving kittens, he's not a Marine facing IEDs for our protection, he was an idiot who made a series of bad and worse decisions, the sum of which resulted in his death--a death that could have been avoided had he simply chosen not to drink and ride without a helmet.

If he'd careened onto the sidewalk or killed an innocent driver/rider/passenger then we'd all be slamming him for his stupidity.

And, if this was any other activity everyone would spam this up on the "Darwin" threads as an abject lesson in stupidity, but since he rides his fatally dumb decision gets a pass?

Fuck him, and fuck drunk drivers/riders like him.

thankgod
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 06:22 PM

But, I also don't care that this idiot killed himself, and I'm glad he only killed himself and no one else.

As if spamming "RIP" will somehow add karma to you for wishing this poor downed rider hadn't died--which I don't buy.

IF you knew him, if he was some great, amazing, wonderful person who was your friend/lover/husband whatever, and he died, then sure, I get why you're upset.

If he's some no-name rider that you never met, that you didn't know, and whose only connection to you is that he rides then so what?

I don't think we're out for blood for simply saying "I don't feel badly that some idiot got drunk, rode without a helmet, and died because of it."

He's not some heroic firefighter dying in the line of duty saving kittens, he's not a Marine facing IEDs for our protection, he was an idiot who made a series of bad and worse decisions, the sum of which resulted in his death--a death that could have been avoided had he simply chosen not to drink and ride without a helmet.

If he'd careened onto the sidewalk or killed an innocent driver/rider/passenger then we'd all be slamming him for his stupidity.

And, if this was any other activity everyone would spam this up on the "Darwin" threads as an abject lesson in stupidity, but since he rides his fatally dumb decision gets a pass?

One less door knob....

Ghosty
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Touche', point taken. We all have differernt levels of tempermant obviously, concerning a thousand different issues. Like mDub said, glad we're all different, otherwise world would be damn boring.

#1Townie
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 11:26 PM

Perfect example of a bitch. Tell you what WHEN you go down again I will be happy to give the respect you want give. You don't like what he did fine. But guess what... Your what ifs
Didnt happen. Simple fact. Fuck your logic.

#1Townie
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 11:39 PM
I guess the reason I get hot on this is because years ago I lost a friend doing something dumb. He died the day before my birthday. Night before. I found out on my birthday. Thats how I celebrate all my birthdays now. To top it off I missed the call to clean up that wreck by one call. I pulled his bike out of police impound for his family. Seeing my friends pride and joy destroyed crushed me. Also seeing where his legs impacted on the tank...... I still have no words. I got to read the article on here and I feared he was going to be bashed by people who never knew him. Never got to meet and appreciate the friend he was. Just remember guys the darwin winner had people that cared. I miss my friends that have died. I feel the pain for family and friends that deal with this.