PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Extension

Stuart Little
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 01:05 PM
Bringing this topic back, what're the chances of installing the plugin tapatalk? I'm on tapatalk all the time on my iPhone & iPad with my VW stuff but rarely make it on regular comps.

I've gotta quit missing rides and events :)

Zach929rr
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
I have a little bit of free time I'd be willing to spend help getting tapatalk running on here. I know ralph & co. be busy peeps.

Ghosty
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Is TapaTalk the only option for mobile-view with vBulletin? My CRN board runs on IPB, and it automagically throws out the nice streamline smartphone version when it detects a mobile request. You don't even need to manually change the skin. When you're on a regular PC, it's still the full-blown web version.

rforsythe
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 04:10 PM
How would you guys feel about a CSC smartphone app? The new version of vBulletin has a mobile component, which is part of the upgrade I've been contemplating. Instead of having to access it through a browser, you'd get the benefits of an actual integrated app tied to the site.

Ghosty
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 04:14 PM
Free? Android too, not just iPhone?

rforsythe
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 05:16 PM
I believe android and iPhone both. It'll either be free or really cheap, like $0.99 just to help cover the upkeep.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
I'd buy it!

FYI, I use Tapatalk on several forums and ForumRunner on a few others. They both work great afaic.

DemonRider
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
I believe android and iPhone both. It'll either be free or really cheap, like $0.99 just to help cover the upkeep.

:rock: I would Buy it for sure :bananna:

Ghosty
Tue May 22nd, 2012, 07:12 PM
I'd buy dat for a dolla!

Bashed
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 01:53 PM
Yes,
I use Tapatalk on a couple other forums, it makes it alot easier to read when Im out on the road, which seems like all the time.

Ralph, you might make it free wit ha new CSC Supporter donation, just to drum up some $ for the upgrade. I being a LT Supporter, will chip in some $ to make it happen as you guys are always making this thing here available for so long now. Keep up the good work, and get with the times, :).

Stuart Little
Wed May 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Tapatalk I'm pretty sure is free to install but I've been wrong before, the app costs .99c, well worth the cost as it's quite feature rich. They have both android and iPhone I believe.

Racz
Thu May 31st, 2012, 08:52 PM
How would you guys feel about a CSC smartphone app? The new version of vBulletin has a mobile component, which is part of the upgrade I've been contemplating. Instead of having to access it through a browser, you'd get the benefits of an actual integrated app tied to the site.

That would be awesome i don"t think i would get anything done at work though

rforsythe
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Yes,
I use Tapatalk on a couple other forums, it makes it alot easier to read when Im out on the road, which seems like all the time.

Ralph, you might make it free wit ha new CSC Supporter donation, just to drum up some $ for the upgrade. I being a LT Supporter, will chip in some $ to make it happen as you guys are always making this thing here available for so long now. Keep up the good work, and get with the times, :).

I can't make the app free for supporters, you would have to buy it through the iPhone or Android app store and there is no correlation between them and us. :)

I'll look into what we need to make this happen. We may already have an anonymous donor willing to pick up the initial software license cost (there is still a yearly component after that, plus costs for app store accounts).

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
Curious why you would want to roll your own when both Tapatalk and ForumRunner have cracked this noodle already?

rforsythe
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Curious why you would want to roll your own when both Tapatalk and ForumRunner have cracked this noodle already?

I'm not rolling anything. It's an available extension to the vBulletin software.

Bashed
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 05:54 PM
I can't make the app free for supporters, you would have to buy it through the iPhone or Android app store and there is no correlation between them and us. :)

I'll look into what we need to make this happen. We may already have an anonymous donor willing to pick up the initial software license cost (there is still a yearly component after that, plus costs for app store accounts).

Yea I got it already so Id be good to go. If you need $ let me know, id be good for a few bucks to make this happen.

He is going to get it supported for this/these app, not doing anything new. It still costs money, either way, so a contribution to the site would be appropriate from any and all who uses this forum.

Drama
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
FYI, tapatalk is on sale today from $2.99 down to $.99 for IOS. It's a great app.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-forum-app/id307880732?mt=8

Drama
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Is there anything we can do to support the mods here add in a tapatalk or mobile extension to this forum? I'm willing to help out with donations, time, or talking to forum owners i know that have done it before to help support this.

Zach929rr
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM
Sounds like Ralph is going to purchase the mobile extension that can be dropped into VBull.

Drama
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Sounds like Ralph is going to purchase the mobile extension that can be dropped into VBull.

Great news.

Ralph, Let us know when you do this and how much it costs. I'll help pitch in for it and i'm sure others will also.

CaptGoodvibes
Fri Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
The Tapatalk plugin is free. :/

Stuart Little
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 04:23 AM
What's the status on this guy

rforsythe
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Status is, 2 small kids at home take up most of my time. :)

Stuart Little
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:28 AM

Help a single guy out, it's hard being awesome :D

Sean
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM

Help a single guy out, it's hard being awesome :DI'd like to nominate Stu to babysit for your kids while you get a chance to relax, drink a beer and work on a mobile app. Stu would be more then happy to babysit for as long as it takes. Or, more then likely, as long as your children are able to survive. :up:

Stuart Little
Wed Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
I'd like to nominate Stu to babysit for your kids while you get a chance to relax, drink a beer and work on a mobile app. Stu would be more then happy to babysit for as long as it takes. Or, more then likely, as long as your children are able to survive. :up:

Heh, I've got iOS/obj-c/Xcode studying of my own to do on my free time from front-end dev at my current place of employment.

Plus, put on your scary face, the lady and I are thinking it's about that time for some Stuart Littles to be running around so I'll enjoy what remains of my freedom while I can :)