PDA

View Full Version : New toy - '07 Z4M Coupe

Chief Stinky
Mon May 28th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Picked up my mid-life crisis car last week, it puts a stupid grin on my face every time I get in and go. Completely impractical, but my wifey said go for it, and I couldnt refuse. Only had 12000 miles on it, previous owner's weekend car. It's been turning into my daily driver, it's been that much fun. Not the quickest out there, there's always something faster, but she's quick.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7237/7219377600_455b825e14_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveandmiriam/7219377600/)
SDIM3003 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveandmiriam/7219377600/)

mdub
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Very nice.

madvlad
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:24 AM
They handle pretty nicely, decent power too. We used to tear those up as loaners when I worked for BMW.

mastap07
Mon May 28th, 2012, 06:12 AM
nice!

Hoot
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Grats on the new wheels! Snazzy lookin.

mxer
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:28 AM
0-60 in 4.8 sec how much faster do you want??

Jmetz
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:59 AM
3 sec

That's pretty sharp. I've only ever seen the roadsters and am not really a fan of those.

Chief Stinky
Mon May 28th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks! I took a few Z4 convertibles out on test rides, they were nice, but not really my thing. Some random searching on Craigslist, and I came across the coupe, in Castle Rock, no less. I had remembered the Z3 "Clownshoe" coupes and had liked their unique styling, but I was blown away by the Z4 coupes......purty!

Called the guy up in Castle Rock, and went for a test spin...mind blown! I hadn't intended to get the M, but am very happy I did. Wife said yes, bank said yes....yeah!

Matty
Mon May 28th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Nice...

YrDaDy
Mon May 28th, 2012, 09:56 AM
New toys are always fun! Looks like you'll enjoy that one.

Ghosty
Mon May 28th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Holy shit, very nice! Super rare too, you almost NEVER see the coupes around. I've always loved those things, and that's a beautiful color. The car reminds of a futuristic version of the old Datsun Z-cars, badass. Congrats on a great purchase. I'm sure it's plenty fast.

ATL
Mon May 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Total package wise, the Z4MC is heads over anything domestic.

S54 won international engine of the year the year it was released, and every year that it was in production- it took home the award consecutively (6 years in a row).

Enjoy that beast in good health!
-Chris

King Nothing
Mon May 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM
B E A Utiful!

CaptGoodvibes
Mon May 28th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I hate you

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Tis no SKYLINE.
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/nissan-skyline-blue-car.jpg

Wish i could afford some yuppie BMdub. :(

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Wen can we hottboxx et???:siesta:

Ghosty
Mon May 28th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Tis no SKYLINE
Thankfully.

"Rice, rice, baby...", hahaa.

madvlad
Mon May 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Wow that R34 got killed.... OEM NUR Vspec look ftw!

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzdHsNBj_Vs

How? Vlad?

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Coupes and roadsters:gay: are for pussies.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMGDm352pJ8

Loves me one of these...for IMI

madvlad
Mon May 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzdHsNBj_Vs

How? Vlad?

I meant looks wise, never doubted the power aspect of it as I've seen them run before. Thise RB26 engines are gnarl status just like the 2JZGTE.... noms!

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n544/automaticchrist/33297510038_large.jpg

Greatest German CAR of all TIME!!!!

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I meant looks wise, never doubted the power aspect of it as I've seen them run before. Thise RB26 engines are gnarl status just like the 2JZGTE.... noms!

2J is a beast. Rb20 is way sexy!

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
and If I had a choice between an zm4 and a R34/35, It would be the Nissan, Hands down, balls to the wall.

bluedogok
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Congrats, I have an 03 Roadster that I got a great bargain on in early 2009 after the bottom dropped out of the market during the downturn. It's a fun car, much more so than the F-150 that it replaced.

http://bluedogok.com/z4-03.jpg

Chief Stinky
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:31 PM
thankgod, ain't it cool we have choices? I considered the 370Z, and I'd love to have a GTR, but I'm very happy with the M coupe.

If ya'll need a chase car sometime, I can carry a cooler, prolly not much else :)

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM
thankgod, ain't it cool we have choices? I considered the 370Z, and I'd love to have a GTR, but I'm very happy with the M coupe.

If ya'll need a chase car sometime, I can carry a cooler, prolly not much else :)

My favorite vehicle is my right and left foot. Honestly.

salsashark
Mon May 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Greatest German CAR of all TIME!!!!

yeah... until some douchebag runs you off the road and you roll it 3 times, break your back, fracture numerous bones and cover yourself in road rash...

After that, fahrvergnügen just doesn't quite have the same air to it.

I hope to never set foot in another bug as long as I live.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:02 PM
yeah... until some douchebag runs you off the road and you roll it 3 times, break your back, fracture numerous bones and cover yourself in road rash...

After that, fahrvergnügen just doesn't quite have the same air to it.

I hope to never set foot in another bug as long as I live.

You're better off dead at that point.

salsashark
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:04 PM
You're better off dead at that point.

:lol: There are days that I would almost agree. Having doctors tell you that you're lucky to be walking, let alone be alive does quite a number on you. I remember telling myself when I got out of the hospital that it was time to prove them wrong. Learned to snowboard, started mountain biking among other activities that the doctors told me I would never do. Some days, I pay for it though. Others, it's nice to give them the middle finger.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Not saying I want you dead, but that German engineering...boy....I tells ya.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:06 PM
:lol: There are days that I would almost agree. Having doctors tell you that you're lucky to be walking, let alone be alive does quite a number on you. I remember telling myself when I got out of the hospital that it was time to prove them wrong. Learned to snowboard, started mountain biking among other activities that the doctors told me I would never do. Some days, I pay for it though. Others, it's nice to give them the middle finger.

Salsa, we gotta kick it sometime.

madvlad
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
The 370z is not impressive lol

salsashark
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Not saying I want you dead, but that German engineering...boy....I tells ya.

:lol: didn't think so...

Salsa, we gotta kick it sometime.

:up:

Fumet5uNo
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
What is it with peoPle and jap crap! Good choice on the Beemer! There great cars and very easy to make fast if u ever want to " I will never part with my German beasts "

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
The 370z is not impressive lol

agreed.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:49 PM
What is it with peoPle and jap crap! Good choice on the Beemer! There great cars and very easy to make fast if u ever want to " I will never part with my German beasts "

You should be a rapper...

mxer
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:51 PM
and If I had a choice between an zm4 and a R34/35, It would be the Nissan, Hands down, balls to the wall.

wow, tell me what this has to do with his m car? Start your own thread when you buy one.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 05:53 PM
wow, tell me what this has to do with his m car? Start your own thread when you buy one.

Um...nothing..and no, I spend my monies on hookers and eight balls. wowzers.

madvlad
Mon May 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Not talking shit about the M, car is undeniably badass. People can't knock it till they try it. But as all forums it'll be an IMO basis lol, no need to start a holy car war lol.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Not talking shit about the M, car is undeniably badass. People can't knock it till they try it. But as all forums it'll be an IMO basis lol, no need to start a holy car war lol.

Talk as much shit as you want...it's the interwebs, it's okay, and yes...people's vaginas do tend to get hurt and violated....especially if they like beemers and you don't. It's Otay.:hibye:

madvlad
Mon May 28th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Hurt and violated lmao... like I said its all IMO basis and shit. People will do what they do, if I was given one I'd drive it till it breaks lol

Chief Stinky
Tue May 29th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Geez, I don't care what ya'll say, just keep it friendly. I got a heck of a deal on it, 5 years of depreciation will do that. Considering they only made about 1800 of the M Coupes for the North American market, I don't think it'll go down too much more. Not that I care about that too much, I plan to drive it.

Hope to take some classes at the track, at both HPR and Pueblo, get a feel for what it can do. On the road, I'm exceeding speed limits in 3rd gear.

Did you hear Steven Tyler from Aerosmith just picked up the first Venom GT Spyder?....stupid amounts of power...1244bhp. Crazy.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/hennessey-venom-gt-spyder-steven-tyler-2012-05-29?imageNo=0

madvlad
Tue May 29th, 2012, 06:58 AM
That M should do wonders on the track fo sho!... wonder how long it'd take for his old ass to either wreck it or have a heart attack with that much power lol

FZjake719
Tue May 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Beautiful pick up sir, I can dig it. Never owned one (read:poor) but have drove a few Bimmers in the past, and they all seem to be "different" from your typical car, in a good way of course. Looks like you got a damn good deal, excited for you!Any plans on modifications or anything like that? Wheels, bolt ons, etc?

~Barn~
Tue May 29th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Cool car. Don't see those around that often.

Chief Stinky
Tue May 29th, 2012, 03:26 PM
FZjake, no early plans for mods, for now, I like how the previous guy kept it bone stock. Most other Z4M's out there do have mods, tires/wheels, exhaust, etc. I might get an audio upgrade, as the bass sucks.

Chief Stinky
Tue May 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
bluedogok, nice looking Roadster. Ever spend much time on http://www.zpost.com/forums/index.php I've been over there, checking it out.

Aaron
Tue May 29th, 2012, 09:26 PM
S54 won international engine of the year the year it was released, and every year that it was in production- it took home the award consecutively (6 years in a row).

-Chris

This would be completely relevant....

If his car had the S54.

Not only that, but the S54 was not that great of an engine. It's heavy (Inline and iron block), poor low speed performance, very poor fuel economy, limited potential, and was plagued with bearing problems early on. It certainly had a personality though, very fun engine to drive.

His car has the 3.0l twin turbo N54. Still heavy, but a much broader and smoother power curve, much-improved fuel economy, and very easy to bump to 400 horsepower. My next car is looking to be a 335i. I absolutely loved the week I spent playing with one.

ATL
Tue May 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
This would be completely relevant....

If his car had the S54.

Not only that, but the S54 was not that great of an engine. It's heavy (Inline and iron block), poor low speed performance, very poor fuel economy, limited potential, and was plagued with bearing problems early on. It certainly had a personality though, very fun engine to drive.

His car has the 3.0l twin turbo N54. Still heavy, but a much broader and smoother power curve, much-improved fuel economy, and very easy to bump to 400 horsepower. My next car is looking to be a 335i. I absolutely loved the week I spent playing with one.

I'll bet you my bike for yours that his car has the S54 vs N54. (or at least came from the factory with the S54).

And while the N54 is a great engine- it won less awards, was responsible for the largest recall in BMW's history (high pressure fuel pump), and was phased out and replaced with the biturbo N55 (no more twin turbo). The N55 is in more BMW models than not these days. It is a great motor with insane mod-ability. Ask me how I know? I've had 3 335's. (2007, 2009 (2)) all E93's.

Source: personal knowledge- working for BMW for years.

:yes: Nice try though,
-Chris

AOK303
Tue May 29th, 2012, 09:52 PM
I'll bet you my bike for yours that his car has the S54 vs N54. (or at least came from the factory with the S54).

And while the N54 is a great engine- it won less awards, was responsible for the largest recall in BMW's history (high pressure fuel pump), and was phased out and replaced with the biturbo N55 (no more twin turbo). The N55 is in more BMW models than not these days. It is a great motor with insane mod-ability. Ask me how I know? I've had 3 335's. (2007, 2009 (2)) all E93's.

Nice try though,
-Chris

So true is my latest quest to become Non Carless i did read up on the turbo issues they were having and what engine to look for

Aaron
Tue May 29th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Nice try though,
-Chris
I stand corrected, surfed the web all too quickly trying to back up what I thought.

I consider the N54/55 to be the same, since they virtually are (Minus a turbo of course). The HPFP issues have all been dealt with, and although more widespread, not nearly as catastrophic as complete engine failure. The early S54s should have been recalled, and created a mass of distrust and disappointment from owners. This is why I think BMW reacted so fast with the N54, to not put owners through what they did with the early E46 M3s. A friend spun a rod bearing at 13,000 miles, took him forever fighting with BMW to get a new motor.

I haven't been fortunate enough to own a 335 yet (Hard to go from a fast Jeep to a slow BMW), but that day is coming soon. I've had, and still have one, Two E34 5-series, and I'm buying a new-gen X5 3.0 next week.

If they made the 335d in a coupe, with a cluth pedal and 6 gears I'd buy one tomorrow.

Sorry to go off topic, I'm a huge BMW fan. The OP got a really great and rare car, not to mention fun. It'll make a lifelong BMW fan out of him I imagine.

Chief Stinky
Wed May 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
My M has the S54, inline 6, naturally aspirated.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/108123015855/bmw-s54-m-inline-six-retires

Slo
Wed May 30th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Congrats on the beautiful car!!! Just don't let many of the BMW forum holier than thou attitudes influence you haha.

Chief Stinky
Wed May 30th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Every time I get in....

http://video.zacharoo.com/spock%20win%20original.jpg

bluedogok
Wed May 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM
bluedogok, nice looking Roadster. Ever spend much time on http://www.zpost.com/forums/index.php I've been over there, checking it out.
Thanks, like I said, it was a bargain at the time (2009), a 2003 2.5i, sport package and 45,000 miles for $15,400, looked through some of the original paperwork and it sold for a little over 38K. All I have done to it (other than oil change/tires type stuff) in the 50,000 miles since is change the brakes.

I am signed up at Zpost but spend more time at Bimmerforums (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/index.php), there is a semi-active contingent from here on there.

Aaron
Wed May 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm on bimmerforums also, but don't need it much since my BMW doesn't break, and I have no interest in trying to make a 21 yr old sedan nicer fast lol