PDA

View Full Version : A Grim production in enhanced color.

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Cornfed, Jkol, Imortal and myself went to trail ridge yesterday, had a great time and got some awesome footage.

This video was primarily made because it was brought to my attention that the color was lacking in my videos because the GoPro does not record the color as well.

I went in and did some adjusting to the picture and i was able to see a huge difference, let me know what you guys think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1b1Xp_bphU

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Not sure if its my computer or not but the video seems really choppy, im going to upload it again and see if it fixes it.

TransNone13
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Not choppy for me.

JKOL
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Nice work. Too bad you didn't catch the confused smile after I was told "this citation carries no points, just the fine."

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Yea just tried it on my phone just had to reboot the Mac, the colors look much better IMO.

Ghosty
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Beautiful scenery! We were gonna head North up there too, but started getting flurries in WinterPark. So got lunch and decided it best to play it safe and head back to Denver. I was bummed!

How were the temps up at that altitude? What time of day?

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Beautiful scenery! We were gonna head North up there too, but started getting flurries in WinterPark. So got lunch and decided it best to play it safe and head back to Denver. I was bummed!

It was freezing and the wind was insane we were the only ones standing outside and we had to keep our visors down because of the wind. I have footage of the wind I'm going to use in a different video.

JKOL
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM

The temps were pretty low, but the wind was flat out insane. We rode through flurries twice, once on trailridge and then again heading over the pass going north on 125 into Rand. I am glad we kept going though, at the time I wasn't, but we discovered that 14 between Walden and Fort Collins is 100 miles of awesome road. Some of it was tight and twisty, while other sections were very high speed sweepers. Lots of fun and good road quality most of the time.

Cornfed
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Color looked good. Great ride. Decent weather, some flurries. DRZ ran great for its first trip to the Mountain!

Ghosty
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah my fingers were frickin' NUMB, so stopped in Empire for some hot chocolate, HAD TO. Shit, forgot about the crazy winds, almost blew me off I-70, lol.

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM
My heated grips definitely saved the day for me.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Fuckin christ. :slap: You should have came out yesterday.

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Nice endo, :down: and shitty music.

Cornfed
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Nice endo, :down: and shitty music.

Still tryin to get the feel for the new, hooligan, bike. Should have seen the one in Fort Collins. Damn near flipped the thing over. :slap: It would have scared me if I hadnt been laughing so hard. :lol:

thankgod
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Still tryin to get the feel for the new, hooligan, bike. Should have seen the one in Fort Collins. Damn near flipped the thing over. :slap: It would have scared me if I hadnt been laughing so hard. :lol:

Gotta be careful Fed...:puppy:

Cornfed
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM
My heated grips definitely saved the day for me.

Send me a link/info on your heated grips. I think Im going to invest in some.

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Send me a link/info on your heated grips. I think Im going to invest in some.

I got them from let it ride for about $40 it's the heating element and the wiring. Installation was pretty easy, I used the hairspray method that was suggested by a lot of people on the forum.

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM

I was laughing at that for a good 20 minutes after.

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I just learned how to add people to the ignore list, awesome little perk thanks admin :lol:

vort3xr6
Mon May 28th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Colors look great! Nice vid and music. Where is that road? Never been up there! Also, Cornfed we need to ride. DRZ4LIFEWILLBSUCKS.

willb003
Mon May 28th, 2012, 10:42 PM
LOL

grim
Mon May 28th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Colors look great! Nice vid and music. Where is that road? Never been up there! Also, Cornfed we need to ride. DRZ4LIFEWILLBSUCKS.

Thanks I appreciate that, you're the one who inspired me to fix the color.

To get to trail ridge you take highway 34 out of either granby or Estes park, it costs $10 to get in and the pass is good for a week.

FZRguy
Tue May 29th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Road looks to be in great shape. Bummer 'bout the perf award.

vort3xr6
Tue May 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah I don't like how the GoPro desaturates all the colors. In your vid the yellow line on the road pops and looks vibrant in contrast to the snow and brown terrain. Look forward to the next vid.

grim
Tue May 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Yea i will being editing the color in all of my remaining videos, may edit some that i have already posted and adjust them.

Vellos
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 10:43 AM
THANLS FOR POSTING. ;)

grim
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 10:47 AM
THANLS FOR POSTING. ;)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I was wondering when someone would mention that.

Vellos
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Haha, I couldn't help but give you shit for that. I liked the video and soundtrack, makes me wish I wasn't in France right now, and I'm glad to see Trail Ridge is open for two wheels.

Chief Stinky
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM
nice vid, subscribed.

grim
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Haha, I couldn't help but give you shit for that. I liked the video and soundtrack, makes me wish I wasn't in France right now, and I'm glad to see Trail Ridge is open for two wheels.

I've been following your posts on FB sounds like good times, i miss going to Europe.