PDA

View Full Version : [S Met] June 3 ride to Brighton for benefit

longrider
Wed May 30th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Just seeing if anybody else from the south side is heading up for the benefit dinner in Brighton http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46480 Meet up say at Fay Myers and ride up together?

kingtut
Wed May 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Dinner you say? I'm down, but was hoping to stay within the 1-3pm mark.

sprtbkbabe
Thu May 31st, 2012, 07:36 AM
Just seeing if anybody else from the south side is heading up for the benefit dinner in Brighton http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46480 Meet up say at Fay Myers and ride up together?

Heck yeah!

Let me know meet-up time and I'll update my initial post :up:

longrider
Thu May 31st, 2012, 07:56 AM
I had left the time open as I thought we had all afternoon. Since the spaghetti is only 1 to 3, I would say meet at 12:00, KSU 12:30 This would just be on the highway, no way to add twisties without adding hours and for me I dont have that much time :(

kingtut
Thu May 31st, 2012, 08:34 AM
I would say meet at 12:00, KSU 12:30

That sounds good to me. Honestly, I wasn't planning on eating spaghetti. I was just wanting to get a ride in and show my support (drop a donation).

kingtut
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Meet up say at Fay Myers and ride up together?

I would say meet at 12:00, KSU 12:30

Is this still a go?

Anyone else coming?

longrider
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:31 PM
I am still in, I was getting ready to post about not much interest. The MSF class will be going on over most of the lot but we can meet by the front door.

kingtut
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cool, sounds good. Would be nice if there was more interest, but alas...I'm ok with it.

See ya there.

sprtbkbabe
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM
Still in and couple others I know meeting us :hibye:

EDIT: I get to cage it and meet you all there. Found a half inch long construction staple in rear tire. :mad:

tecknojoe
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Hey I'm going. Will be riding with kingtoots, and just dropping a check

kingtut
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:42 AM
Hey I'm going. Will be riding with kingtoots, and just dropping a check

Ha ha, I thought that nickname ended in grade school.

You know what they say- all stereotypes/nicknames start with a grain of truth...

longrider
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Made it home OK, problem turned out to be just a connector that had come loose but I would never have found it on the side of the road. Had to pull the left fairing and it was buried deep behind 2 harnesses.

Great to meet some new people and see some old faces, sorry to be the downer on the ride

kingtut
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Glad to hear you got it figured out.

That traffic-sweat box was the only downer in my book.

tecknojoe
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Sorry for bailing. I was NOT ready for that kind of hell today. Was already feeling the heat while we were moving on the highway. Just wasn't in the mood to make that mission north

madvlad
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Still in and couple others I know meeting us :hibye:

EDIT: I get to cage it and meet you all there. Found a half inch long construction staple in rear tire. :mad:

Patch ftmfw!... bring me your wheel off the bike whenever you're in the highlands ranch area and I'll patch it fer free dood.

Matty
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:26 PM
Patch ftmfw!... bring me your wheel off the bike whenever you're in the highlands ranch area and I'll patch it fer free dood.

She's a lady!!!! Not a dood!

madvlad
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:29 PM
It's a figure of speech guy, not literal lol... she knows what I mean lol.

sprtbkbabe
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 07:45 AM
LOL Thanks Doooooooode(s)

But, I'm running take offs and have a spare 190 to throw on there this week

Glad it was something simple, Paul, and the ride home was better!

Greg Golden, who this benefit was for, was just the nicest guy and we were glad to have given him some support. I guess the bike he was on was a SV600, which you can't even fathom it from the crash picture. The truck was found, but still no driver. If you've been drinking and/or don't have insurance, it's beyond inhuman to leave someone nearly fataly injured as he was. As, Greg said, he was lucky to have been on a busy street so that passers-by could be immediately helpful. He's now got two titanium rods in his legs and is on the mend.

Throttle
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Longrider, glad to hear you got your bike fixed & wasn't anything major. It was nice to meet some of the members!

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Longrider, glad to hear you got your bike fixed & wasn't anything major. It was nice to meet some of the members!

Maybe now that Joe knows you, he'll give you preferential treatment when you're out taking pics at MRA races. :lol: