PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops 2 - Interview with Mark Lamia(Treyarch)

The Black Knight
Wed May 30th, 2012, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKiwJi44CgY

12 minutes long but I'm looking forward to the new gameplay styes. Campaign should be a blast.

tecknojoe
Thu May 31st, 2012, 06:57 AM
I hope they make this one exactly the same as the last 15 call of dutys!

Zach929rr
Thu May 31st, 2012, 08:33 AM
I hope they make this one exactly the same as the last 15 call of dutys!

I'm sure you can count on that. Maybe they will surprise though. Pretty easy job those guys have. Bring the graphics up to a level of 3 to 4 years prior, add a pay service for 1337 stuff, and rake in the dough.warch them start a pay2win or pay2upgrade scheme and rake in cash from angsty preteens.

CaneZach
Thu May 31st, 2012, 11:59 AM
I've noticed my play time has gone down with each subsequent COD release. This upcoming one doesn't even interest me. I'll probably get it eventually, but I'll wait a few months if I even buy it.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu May 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
All I care about is the campaign. Online is just to kill a little time now and again...

Brat
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 10:20 AM
hope its like the first black ops. hcffa

Ghost
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I've noticed my play time has gone down with each subsequent COD release. This upcoming one doesn't even interest me. I'll probably get it eventually, but I'll wait a few months if I even buy it.

+1

For how little I've played MW3 I'd rather have skipped it and saved the $60

While I liked Ops better, I think my interest peaked with MW2 and has been dying off ever since.

Hard to keep buying the same game in a slightly different skin every 6mo.

The Black Knight
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 01:28 PM
All I care about is the campaign. Online is just to kill a little time now and again...
See I like both. Campaign is a blast because you get to do something different and I think with the new BO2 campaign it's going to be even better because as Mark Lamia said, every choice you make in the campaign will affect how the campaign progresses. That's pretty cool and not as cut and dry as the regular campaigns have been. You know in Black Ops and MW2 and 3, you can't change the outcome of a Act or Level. It always ends the same. You either complete it or you don't. According to the Lamia, the new BO2 the campaign will continue on whether or not you complete missions and the choices you make during the missions will reflect in the outcome. Should be interesting.

As for online multiplayer, I love the hell out of it. But I'm also in a clan with about 40 members, and we pretty much play teams only online(meaning unless we can fill our 6 man teams in hardcore we don't play with randoms much). It's hard playing with randoms especially ones with no mics. That's how we've managed to keep our win streaks up, is we communicate with each other during matches.

Which is why I think I'll stop when I hit Level 10 Prestige. I'm about there but now that the weather has been great, I've been riding and doing more outdoor stuff. I've been Level 9 Prestige for like two months now, and really once I hit 10, I'll max it out and then leave it. Which sucks too as far as Prestige's are concerned because with each DLC drop, we get another 5 Prestige levels. So when MW3 is all said and done, there is going to be like 30 levels of Prestige. I'm done at 10, you don't get anything great when you Prestige, no weapons given specific for Prestige levels, nothing cool. Just tokens to unlock a class or double XP, or hardened or vet packages of Prestige Levels.

+1

For how little I've played MW3 I'd rather have skipped it and saved the $60

While I liked Ops better, I think my interest peaked with MW2 and has been dying off ever since.

Hard to keep buying the same game in a slightly different skin every 6mo.
See this is kind of what gets me, I'm an Elite Premium member and we are supposed to get DLC drops all the way until October I believe. Then BO2 comes out, so as soon as I get all my shit for MW3, then BO2 will be out and I won't even touch MW3. At least the Elite Premium will transfer over from what I gather.

Zach929rr
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 03:36 PM
See this is kind of what gets me, I'm an Elite Premium member and we are supposed to get DLC drops all the way until October I believe. Then BO2 comes out, so as soon as I get all my shit for MW3, then BO2 will be out and I won't even touch MW3. At least the Elite Premium will transfer over from what I gather.

lol

BO2 is your $60 DLC. You must be new to the franchise.

The Black Knight
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
lol

BO2 is your $60 DLC. You must be new to the franchise.
Umm no it's not. Black Ops 2 would be the regular game. The DLC's are the maps you get in either map packs for sale or if you're Elite Premium you get them for free(which isn't free since you pay to be Elite Premium). It makes sense if you're on-line a lot to become Elite Premium as you'll end up saving about $20 over buying the map packs separately. As it is for MW3 the DLC drops will continue until September or October I believe, which would total around 5 or 6 map pack drops.

On a side note, I don't mind dropping $60 for a game. I'm going to blow it on other stuff anyways, might as well be a game. The only game I haven't paid full price for, was MW2, which I got at Walmart for like $25. I got it for the campaign only and love the game. However, MW3 and Black Ops were full price. Really to me, it's worth it.

kalibra
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 05:16 PM
so what is this,like a game or something?

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 08:18 PM
It's not like I don't play online. It's just... I wouldn't buy the game if it only had online but I would buy the game - I have many - that only have a campaign.