PDA

View Full Version : june 8th - lapping day

t_jolt
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Looks like i have 8 in for a full day so far. No half days yet.

Full days are at $132 currently.
Half days are looking will be $81 for sets of 3. which i believe we have all three now.

So i would say lets keep looking for a couple more full days guys.

Currently have:
Scotts 4-hr team ( 3 people)
Ken
Tyrel - Paid
Blair
Dave
Technojoe - Paid
Buddahson

And for the half day i have
Sag
Joe
Zach

My paypal is ty_tyrel@yahoo.com
Please start sending the money, that way i know exactly what costs will look like.
If we hit the next lower rate, i will refund the difference. or i can rent some cover for everyone. yours guys choice.

The cut off is going to be weds at 8pm. after that im paying for the card.

Ill be there Friday morning so we can meet up then.

Thanks
Tyrel

rforsythe
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
Thinking about doing a half day...

t_jolt
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM
anyone else?

ralph ill let you know in a couple days if anyone else joins and what type of package we can get

rybo
Fri Jun 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Tyrel -

I think my endurance team would be interested in joining you

How much is it?

blaircsf
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I would be interested in a full day if it works.

buddahson
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'll be out there for a half day. I already have a punch card though. I'm interested in a carport if anyone else is looking. If you saw my original statement, don't worry about it. I just haven't had my coffee yet.

tecknojoe
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Finally got my damn trailer hitch on. I'm in for a full day

Does anyone want to split shade? I don't need power

sag
Sat Jun 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
shade is 25 bucks? ill split with anyone, im only planning on a half day though so ill have to give you cash when i get there if i do the afternoon, im undecided on which half.

Dave
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
Anyone want to go in on prepaid card?

Tyrel

Tyrel,
I’ll be there for a full day of lapping and would like to join in this deal.

Also interested in sharing a garage, with power would ne nice but not necessary.

t_jolt
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM
currently i have 4 people in with dave and technojoe.
i might have another 4 people as well, for the full day. (any word Scott?)

So that leaves 8 for a full day. if we can get 4 more, that means will all get in for only $125.

any other takers?
Ralph you sure dont want to do a full day?
Blair you in?

Ill be getting shade, but my carport is probably all spoken for.

Thanks
Tyrel

tecknojoe
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
So we've got 2 of us for a full day in a carport, and 1 for half day.

Anyone else? And where do I get the carport?

rybo
Sun Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:09 PM
So we've got 2 of us for a full day in a carport, and 1 for half day.

Anyone else? And where do I get the carport?

Lapping day carports are assigned the day of the event-

Racers that have them rented for the weekend have them for the friday lapping day as well, so there will be limited spaces available

Get signed up for one when you sign in for the lapping day

blaircsf
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 12:17 AM
I guess I should of worded my post a bit different, I'm in.

tecknojoe
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info Scott

Since we may or may not get a car port, does anyone that's going have an ez-up we can use for friday?

If we can't come up with one I can just grab one before then.

It's looking like it's going to be hot all week, everyone bring water by the gallons. Anyone left without shade is more than welcome to pit near me to get out of the sun

CaneZach
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 07:25 AM
How much would it be to go in on a halfday? I'd be VERY interested in jumping in.

t_jolt
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 12:41 PM
updated first post with pricing

rybo
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Tyrel-

You cannot combine two half days on one full day punch - I've tried this before. :)

Scott

CaneZach
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I'll send you some $$$ closer to the deadline, once all the prices have been figured out. There might be someone else joining me in buying a half day, so let me know how much it'll be and I'll let him know.

sag
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm in for morning half day for sure and want shade with anybodys :)

rforsythe
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Ralph you sure dont want to do a full day?

Leaning more towards not riding Friday at all now, if plans change I will let you know but we will likely just head out Friday mid-afternoon and get things set up for the weekend. I am riding a 4-hour solo race on Saturday, plus qualifying and a sprint race, I need to give my body a break before I take that on.

jplracing
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 03:51 PM
I'll send you some $$$ closer to the deadline, once all the prices have been figured out. There might be someone else joining me in buying a half day, so let me know how much it'll be and I'll let him know.

I am the "someone else" and am in for a half day

Thanks

Joe

t_jolt
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
updated.

CaneZach
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I'm in for a half day. I'll still wait until Weds to paypal you in case someone else wants to join in and bring the price down a little more.

tecknojoe
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Paid for full day

buddahson
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the info Scott

Since we may or may not get a car port, does anyone that's going have an ez-up we can use for friday?

If we can't come up with one I can just grab one before then.

It's looking like it's going to be hot all week, everyone bring water by the gallons. Anyone left without shade is more than welcome to pit near me to get out of the sun

I'll have my EZ up if needed but I'll only be there for the afternoon. I also prefer to rent a carport if available.

tecknojoe
Mon Jun 4th, 2012, 08:54 PM
So we've got Dave and myself for a full day of shade, Sag for the morning, and buddahson for the afternoon. we've got room for another

ock1
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Is this track day open to everyone? Someone told me it might be for racers only.

rybo
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Is this track day open to everyone? Someone told me it might be for racers only.

This one is open to all riders. Only the lapping day preceeding the 1st round of the season was reserved as "racers only"

Scott

t_jolt
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
only have one person's money right now, Remember guys im going to cut it off tomorrow night so we can get the card.

Thanks
Tyrel

blaircsf
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I have a carport rented for the weekend, but currently it is just me on Friday. I'm game to share it on Friday, just let me know.

sag
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 12:16 AM
sent payment. do i need to do anything else besides show up?

tecknojoe
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I have a carport rented for the weekend, but currently it is just me on Friday. I'm game to share it on Friday, just let me know.

Do you want my group to bunk up with you for the day friday and throw you some cash?

flyingmonkey
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 09:04 AM
My friend and My self will be there for half day 8am to 12pm on Friday.
Both of us would be interested in sharing the cost with you.
I will send you a PM for details.

CaneZach
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I'm out. Work has decided to rear its ugly head.

tecknojoe
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
EDIT

For my group: Sag, Buddahson, and Dave: We're teaming up with blaircsf since it's just him on friday. We're in car port 13. He's got power, although I won't need it. I assume everyone show up with some cash

Looks like it will be four of us total the full day since Sag and Buddah are switching off

buddahson
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Cool deal.

jplracing
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Tyrel

Since canezach is out do we have enough for a half day card?

Let me know and I will shoot you the money

Joe

Dave
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Thank you Tecknojoe. Looking forward to the day!

EDIT

For my group: Sag, Buddahson, and Dave: We're teaming up with blaircsf since it's just him on friday. We're in car port 13. He's got power, although I won't need it. I assume everyone show up with some cash

Looks like it will be four of us total the full day since Sag and Buddah are switching off

Dave
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 08:35 PM
$132 via Paypal sent- thanks Tyrel

only have one person's money right now, Remember guys im going to cut it off tomorrow night so we can get the card.

Thanks
Tyrel

jplracing
Wed Jun 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM
money sent

buddahson
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I just paid Tyrel for the 3 leftover punches on the full day card. If anyone missed out they're welcome to buy one of them. Otherwise, I'll use them soon enough.

tecknojoe
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
That was a great day. I wish I wasn't having massive camera problems.

post up footage when you get it!

buddahson
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Ya, good day. I'll post any usable footage I have, today or tomorrow.

buddahson
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joe, Video of you following me should be available in a few minutes. I haven't had a chance to go through the others yet. I got my lap timer to work for the last session of the day but was only running 2:25's. Not my best day for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNH07NNq9yU&feature=youtube_gdata

gsxridiot
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 10:11 AM
damn i miss being out there, should heal up here in a month or so
hope to get back out there for everyones backmarker passing drills
- thanks for the vid, looks like a perfect day out there
how's the new suspension, Matt?

tecknojoe
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Joe, Video of you following me should be available in a few minutes. I haven't had a chance to go through the others yet. I got my lap timer to work for the last session of the day but was only running 2:25's. Not my best day for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNH07NNq9yU&feature=youtube_gdata

Haha awesome man! While we were out there I thought it would be funny to stick my leg out a couple times to make a photo out of. Need to get closer next time haha

Hopefully I'll be out there with you again

buddahson
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
damn i miss being out there, should heal up here in a month or so
hope to get back out there for everyones backmarker passing drills
- thanks for the vid, looks like a perfect day out there
how's the new suspension, Matt?

Suspensions great. No complaints there. What's your injury story? I was wondering when I'd see you out there. I didn't know you were hurt.

buddahson
Sun Jun 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Here's another video. Hope you like staring at my ass. Looks like I ran a 2:19 on at least one of the laps so that's a bit better. I'm still confident I was lapping a couple seconds faster last time out and it felt easy. Friday I felt like I was having to work hard. I just wasn't in the zone I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOuWd_cke4&feature=youtube_gdata

ock1
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Did anyone ride on the new concrete "curbs" on turns 13-14-15? I could take turn 13 really fast last year by aiming for the marker and leaning over the curb, this time I kept thinking "what are these concrete mounds" and got scared to ride up on them.

tecknojoe
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I don't ride on them, I moved my apex out by a couple feet so I don't hit them.

If you get a chance to walk over and look at them, they seem really big for a racing curb

Bueller
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Did anyone ride on the new concrete "curbs" on turns 13-14-15? I could take turn 13 really fast last year by aiming for the marker and leaning over the curb, this time I kept thinking "what are these concrete mounds" and got scared to ride up on them.
Yeah, you don't want to hit those, you will be airborne, I just barely clipped the one in 13 once during the 4 hour and it wasn't fun. You can stay in close but you best have your knee tucked in tight. Same with T3

The GECCO
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I don't ride on them, I moved my apex out by a couple feet so I don't hit them.

If you get a chance to walk over and look at them, they seem really big for a racing curb

The dimensions of the new curbs are FIA/FIM spec "Carolina" apex curbs as recommended by Alan Wilson. Same as what's at Miller, Lime Rock, etc.

tecknojoe
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM
The dimensions of the new curbs are FIA/FIM spec "Carolina" apex curbs as recommended by Alan Wilson. Same as what's at Miller, Lime Rock, etc.

Dag that's crazy. I've never seen any that big but I've only been to a few tracks around the country.

At any rate, I'll continue to avoid the hell out of them. I'm not dissapointed or anything though, it doesn't change much for me

While we are on the subject, I hope turn 8 will get cleaned up. I feel really uncomfortable if I don't hit a very thin piece of pavement on my entry