PDA

View Full Version : Sluts everywhere, unite!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 12:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/sluts-unite-against-republicans-rush-limbaugh-100132902--abc-news-politics.html

#1Townie
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Great...... Voting on emotion... This should work well.

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 01:03 PM
If Republicans would stay the fuck out of people's bedrooms, personal lives, and religions, they'd do a lot better than inviting the "wrath of the sluts".

#1Townie
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Not going to lie.... Can I get a little of that wrath?

Titus
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Lol, old news.

President Obama and the Democrat Party can't run on their record, the economy, jobs numbers, and their accomplishments ie: Obamacare, Stimulus, & massive government debt increases.

So they're trying to distract attention by dredging up a story from months ago when Rush said something completely inaccurate and indefensible, even though he retracted and apologized, as well as paid for it by losing quite a few sponsors.

Old school democrat playbook: don't run on your accomplishments & try to stir up hatred for your opponent.

BTW, I <3 sluts!

Ted
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Lol, old news. .....

Old school Republican playbook: don't run on your accomplishments & try to stir up hatred for your opponent.

Fixored !

Wrider
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM
"Old school political playbook: Dredge up your enemy's sordid past, and try to make the public forget about your own."

Am I the only one of the opinion that anyone who's been in politics for more than 2 terms ought to be forcefully removed from office?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 05:52 PM
"Old school political playbook: Dredge up your enemy's sordid past, and try to make the public forget about your own."

Am I the only one of the opinion that anyone who's been in politics for more than 2 terms ought to be forcefully removed from office?
1000% agree, especially in the case of congress and the House. AND, they shouldn't get 100% salaries etc. for life either. Make them have a plan that does not entail bilking us, but more in line with the retirement bennies private companies give. They don't put in 20 years, they don't get to retire, and they certainly don't get 100% salary. In fact, I have a big issue with the schools retirement (PERA) etc. I think the only people who should get a special retirement plan paid for by the taxpayers are soldiers, cops, and firemen, etc., because they risk their lives for us.

CaptGoodvibes
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 06:17 PM
1000% agree, especially in the case of congress and the House. AND, they shouldn't get 100% salaries etc. for life either. Make them have a plan that does not entail bilking us, but more in line with the retirement bennies private companies give. They don't put in 20 years, they don't get to retire, and they certainly don't get 100% salary. In fact, I have a big issue with the schools retirement (PERA) etc. I think the only people who should get a special retirement plan paid for by the taxpayers are soldiers, cops, and firemen, etc., because they risk their lives for us.

How can you be sure they aren't doing it for the cats?

Titus
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I'm totally in favor for term limits. Guys sitting in a House Representative seat for 30 years is rediculous.

salsashark
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oh boy... another D vs R thread... yeah!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7mlwoukDVXs/SPijnBFCImI/AAAAAAAAL_8/LaWOsPYgwyU/s160/MikeMyers.gif

As for term limits (not my line, but I believe it)

2 terms... One in office and one in jail.

Wrider
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 06:40 PM

I know I'm going to catch shit for this, but I wouldn't include firefighters in that. My dad bitches about not having had a raise in X years (CSFD), yet in those same years he hasn't had a raise, he's moved from Pueblo to a house worth 2X as much in the Springs, he's upgraded both daily drivers, bought a 3rd car for my half-brother, enrolled my other half-brother in a private school, and been on more vacations than in the previous 10 years combined. IMO it's a pretty decent deal getting full time pay for 10 24 hour shifts in a month, which gives you plenty of time to do stuff on the side for both fun and profit (I'd be willing to bet that 50% of firefighters have a paying side/self-employment type job).

kingtut
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I thought the "slut comment" was funny, sigh.

Fluke said birth control can cost over $3k during law school?? That's a lot of sex...

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 07:43 PM
About $60 a month for the pill? Seems a little expensive, but not overly so, I'm not surprised.

Titus
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I thought the "slut comment" was funny, sigh.

Fluke said birth control can cost over $3k during law school?? That's a lot of sex...

Um...contraception isn't paid for by the act. A girl could have sex 1000 times or 0 times & the price is the same; hence, Rush's accusation of "slut" was inaccurate. Oh and her lie of $3k was debunked, it's actuall about $12 a month.

Funny though, lefty statists claim a "republican war on women" yet Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher, and Ed Schultz on-air call conservative women bimbos, balloon heads, right-wing sluts, mashed up bag of meat with lipstick, bat-shit crazy, and cunts; yet the same outraged lefties aren't organizing a boycott of them.

Titus
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Correction: Birth control is $9 a month.

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I don't know that entire story with Limbaugh and that chick, didn't follow it in detail so can't speak to it.

But my roommate says the pill can vary from $5 copay for a generic with insurance. All the way up to $60/mo. for out-of-pocket on an expensive type, albeit on the very top end. So her claim of $3k for four years isn't completely off the wall.

Wrider
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I know several women who are on BC just so that their time of the month is regulated and/or lightened up. One of those women was unable to do a damned thing for a week out of the month because of horrendous cramping, migraines, etc until she got on the pill. And she's the "wait for marriage" type, so I know it isn't because of that.

Ghosty
Tue Jun 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
In fact, Sandra Fluke mentioned the pill concerning her friend who was required to take it to prevent ovarian cysts, NOT for birth control.