PDA

View Full Version : So what happens at car dealerships today?

tecknojoe
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
I'm sure there's a ton of cars that got hammered last night on the lots. What kind of deals do people normally get at a time like this?

(I'm not looking, just curious)

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:07 AM
nothing until the insurance adjuster finishes with them

madvlad
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:28 AM
What tinker said

tecknojoe
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM
an den?

madvlad
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:27 AM
They decide based on damage for discounts and such... and I refuse to play your Chinese mind games lol

longrider
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:28 AM
After insurance is done they will be sold at a discount, how much depends on what insurance pays. If they are damaged enough to be totalled then the insurance company will take them just like they would with an individual

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Garage FTMFW!

asp_125
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Bikes go in the garage, cars have a roof, they takes their chances outside. :D

Ghost
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 01:35 PM
nothing until the insurance adjuster finishes with them

After insurance is done they will be sold at a discount, how much depends on what insurance pays. If they are damaged enough to be totalled then the insurance company will take them just like they would with an individual

Don't expect to see 'Hail Damaged Discounts' at a dealership.

IF the car is sufficiently damaged that it must be branded as "hail damaged" then it goes straight to Closed Non-Public Auction.

IF the car is totaled, then the Insurance takes it and will sell it at a Closed Insurance Auction.

IF the car is damaged but repairable, then the insurance will cut the dealership a check to fix it, they'll fix it and stick it on the lot as 'NEW' since they're allowed to do that as long as the car was not totaled.

SO...you won't be seeing anything with a discount on any dealership, and even if it was damaged, you'll never know it...

Ghosty
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Interesting, always wondered about this.

One thing though, the next few weeks is a great time to look for hail-damaged good deals on Craigslist (private party & maybe some used lots). My folks got a sweet deal on a 2003 low-miles Mercedez C240 sedan. Loaded, and excellent condition all-around, except some hail damage to roof that was barely noticeable. Only $13k!

HR636
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I must have lucked out, I work in lakewood and live in north denver, and missed everything on the ride home.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Bikes go in the garage, cars have a roof, they takes their chances outside. :D
My car AND the bikes have space in the garage. :) Maybe I just don't have enough bikes??

GuitarX
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 06:02 PM
You *never* have enough bikes.

#1Townie
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM
My trucks dont fit into a normal garage.

tecknojoe
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM

WINNAR

Sarge
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I have a portable garage for the bike. Cars go in the mostly covered horse stall. ;)

Dietrich_R1
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
You saw HUGE discounts off the MSRP here in Arizona when we had that massive hail storm 1 1/2 years ago at the dealerships... of course when you factored in the damage / salvaged title... It wasn't a deal, they just tried to convince you of such.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I figured either you or Chris would chime in on that! :) I need a KTM 990 Adventure....;)

GuitarX
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I figured either you or Chris would chime in on that! :) I need a KTM 990 Adventure....;)

Dakar Version FTMFW!!!

salsashark
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM
...I need a KTM 990 Adventure....;)

:drool: me too!

Dakar Version FTMFW!!!

I'd take any...

asp_125
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 08:03 AM

QFT! ... you just build out the garage. ;)