PDA

View Full Version : CO Power Boulder Good & Bad - Brighton Suzuki - Good

Sat Sep 20th, 2003, 04:29 PM
My wife had a small mishap in Boulder today and broke the shifer lever off her SV. I jumped on the bike leaving my wife behind to watch my bike and zipped over to CO Powersports. I parked at the service bay and spoke to one of the repair guys who directed me to parts.

I went to the parts department where there where 5 people behind the counter doing everything but helping customers. I finally had to be a bit aggressive in order to get service. They did not have the part in stock and he said that he could have it in abour 1 week. I came up with the brilliant idea that he call the other stores to see if they had it stock. When we reached a dead end, I asked if he would call Brighton Suzuki. They were not too thrilled about locating the phone number. I can understand that they don't what to support the competitor, but they knew that my wife was stranded. After they realized that I was not going to leave until they got the number, they called information and got it.

I can't say that they were helpful and I found it a less than desireable experience.

Brighton Suzuki said that they had the part in stock and they could install it right away. So I headed outside trying to figure out a way to get my wife home and both bikes. She would not be able to ride hers with the broken shift lever.

I waved so long to the guy in service and then looked at the bike. To my surprise, there was a homemade temp repair to the shift lever including some rubber hose over it. Not a bad makeshift shifter. I asked the service guy who did it. The service guy said that the motorcycle fairy had stopped by and took care of it.

It was great since my wife was able to ride home. So to the guy in the service shop with the long ponytail...Thanks! Colorado Powersports could learn a thing or two about customer service from you.

Woody at Brighton Suzuki had the part waiting and had us out the door in a half hour.

GrayGiraffe
Thu Jan 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
umm, yeah, brighton suzuki was not all that, bad location, I think copowersports bought out their inventory when they closed down, however, there is a 4 star asian restaurant just down the road from there that is ran by a famous chef. food is good, prices good. amazing to see that place there in a place like brighton, where the water used to turn babies blue due to the high nitrate concentrations from the fertilizer from all of the farms in the area, now that the water treatement plant there has a reverse osmosis system, the water in town is actually very good

~Barn~
Thu Jan 24th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Brighton, (and bumping a nearly 5 year old thread), FTW!

hcr25
Thu Jan 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
And Brighton Suzuki is no longer open!

derekm
Thu Mar 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM
umm, yeah, brighton suzuki was not all that, bad location, I think copowersports bought out their inventory when they closed down, however, there is a 4 star asian restaurant just down the road from there that is ran by a famous chef. food is good, prices good. amazing to see that place there in a place like brighton, where the water used to turn babies blue due to the high nitrate concentrations from the fertilizer from all of the farms in the area, now that the water treatement plant there has a reverse osmosis system, the water in town is actually very good

post of the day ^^^^

1ofTheBoys
Sat Mar 8th, 2008, 06:32 AM
That's funny as old as this thread is I beleive it was probably Gary who fixed the bike and he is still with Colorado Powersports.