PDA

View Full Version : Need some feedback

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I finally turned an idea i have had into a reality. Now that it is live I wanted to get some feedback from you all.

http://www.motopartslist.com

It is a commerce based consumer to consumer motorcycle parts and accessories forum.

I wanted to get some feedback on what you believe it is missing from both a buyers and sellers perspective. Be honest cause it will help me refine it to help it grow.

It just went live a few days ago and the logo was made by me so don't hate. I am gonna get a professional logo designed shortly.

Thanks everybody. And you are more than welcome to start posting products on it to help me do some R&D!

VFR
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Is there a disclaimer that says you are not responsible for any shady business? Transactions gone bad, non payments, not getting what they thought they would, not getting it at all.

Business owners always have to look out for those looking for a loop hole into their finances.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Yeah during registration there is a limitation of liability clause. My Dad's lawyer looked it over for me so I am confident no shady business can be blamed on me.

Slo
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:02 PM
registered...this is a good idea.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Thanks Slo! I think it will be a good thing for the motorcycle community once it gets the traffic it needs.

grim
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Good idea man, will be a shit ton easier to find parts now!!

asp_125
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Could use a "Parts wanted" subforum. Registered :up:

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM
So i registered. Took me several times trying, till i finally left "referrer" blank. Should add a want#d thread. Great idea tho bro.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the feedback. I added the wanted thread.

The other coding ideas I am trying to accomplish is a forced thread title format, one click sold button, and a pop up shipping calculator inside the thread. If you see anything else let me know.

Next up is the implementation of the marketing plan. Get ready to see a wrapped van at bike nights and a monthly give away on the site.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 08:48 PM
So i registered. Took me several times trying, till i finally left "referrer" blank. Should add a want#d thread. Great idea tho bro.

Good to know. I will see if that is a specific setting I can change.

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:02 PM
So its telling me i cant post new thread.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM
So its telling me i cant post new thread.

Hmmm. Good to know. Which forum and what is the error message?

Bueller
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Sweet! registered and will be listing!

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Thank you Bueller! Be patient while I build a user base.

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Hmmm. Good to know. Which forum and what is the error message?

Tried to post in parts wanted. At bottom it said "you cannot post new threads."

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
And no post thread button to b found.

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I dont have any posting permissions.

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 11:07 PM
O my bad u cant post from a smart phone on full site.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Just saw your thread. I edited a few permissions on the user groups as well. Hope it works better now! Thanks for the patience lee!

Titus
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Registered!

Are you planning on this going nationwide or staying fairly local?

big53lee
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 11:14 PM
U bet bro. Thank u. Great creation my friend.

vort3xr6
Thu Jun 7th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Registered!

Are you planning on this going nationwide or staying fairly local?

Nationwide. I have contacts in California who are handling the spread there. My plan for east coast is still up in the air. I am looking into buying ad space in certain geographies. And if Google will index my site already I can start getting organic traffic.

willb003
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Nationwide. I have contacts in California who are handling the spread there. My plan for east coast is still up in the air. I am looking into buying ad space in certain geographies. And if Google will index my site already I can start getting organic traffic.

I'll send it on to my MC buddies back home.

BTW I like the logo.

vort3xr6
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Hell yeah. Maybe Henry will send it to all his boyfriends back home too.

Sean
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Cool idea! :up:

vort3xr6
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
lol WERA removed my thread about MotoPartsList in about 7 seconds. No surprise there.

Ghosty
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 10:16 AM
What's WERA?

vort3xr6
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
What's WERA?

WERA is a big roadracing association with a big forum. They had one of the most active classified sections for racers until they went to a paid model (which I will never do), and changed the forums so you couldn't post for sale items in there. The user based got super pissed and always express their disdain for the change on the forums.

Hence the reason why they removed my thread so fast. They want their users to pay to post stuff for sale.

willb003
Fri Jun 8th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Kinda like SMJ.