PDA

View Full Version : IMI lapping Day June 17th

Stank Juic3
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 07:06 PM
SLO is hosting a learning/practice day @ IMI starting 10am June 17th. We will also have a BBQ. Everyone is more than welcome to join (racers and street riders). So far about 21 heads are attending (due to change) so invite ur friends.

~Shawn

Cornfed
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'll prolly be there, thx Slo.

willb003
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Maybee

vort3xr6
Sat Jun 9th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Count me in.

Hyde
Mon Jun 11th, 2012, 11:35 PM
:bananna:Me me me!!

silkboxr
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Sounds great but wont there be a lot of go carts since it's on a Sunday?

Hyde
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Looks like there's another event but it's all dirtybikes:
http://imimotorsports.com/index.php?page=events

silkboxr
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 02:30 AM
On the weekends there's always a lot of go cart rentals going on.. I used to go during the week which wasn't bad a few years ago.

Bueller
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Yes, and they have priority so plan accordingly.

Cornfed
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I'll prolly be there, thx Slo.

BBQ Sunday afternoon and HPR Monday so I wont be able to make it. But I want to again throw out a big THANK YOU for spending your time helping the talent deficient to improve our skills. :up:

Hey Bueller.
I got a Sumo.
IMI is fun again.

grim
Tue Jun 12th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Rampart then BBQ Sunday afternoon and HPR Monday so I wont be able to make it. But I want to again throw out a big THANK YOU for spending your time helping the talent deficient to improve our skills. :up:

Hey Bueller.
I got a Sumo.
IMI is fun again.

Fixed

daemon
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Looks like I am in.
How can I help with with the bbq.

will-t
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I'll be on hand to take pics. Doesn't really help the old hands, but the new folks sometimes get something out of it as the teacher types can point out technique things in the photos.

At previous IMI days we've had people that wanted to get copies of some of their pics but sometimes it's hard to identify people (especially the people I don't know when everyone shows up on a green kawi with a black helmet). So I had an idea of putting some blue tape numbers on people's tanks if they thought they'd want some copies. Easier for me to identify so I can get copies out faster. That is if you don't mind having a number on your tank in a picture. I can also post up thumbnails so you can find them yourself, but previous days have shown that 300-500 pics can be a chore to scan through.

Slo
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Awesome Will, great pics in the past from a super picky fella haha. Will be good seeing you again.

as for the barbeque, I probably won't pursue it, one of the guys that was bringing it, has to leave early so it will not be coming out. I will bring drinks though. "Some" snacks and such are available there for those that forget.

Matty
Fri Jun 15th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Might come by to spectate!!!!

Slo
Sat Jun 16th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Barbeque portion looks like its still on. Someone else will bring one

1ofTheBoys
Sat Jun 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Anyone have a bike and gear I can borrow?

daemon
Sat Jun 16th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Anyone have a bike and gear I can borrow?

Stop by see me

Slo
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Good times out there, bunch of new faces and quite a few faces from the past as well. Friggin hot out there though.

daemon
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 04:48 PM
thanks for the good times...I'm Starving though.

will-t
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hot indeed. Bike was showing 100 degree air temp on the ride home.

In difference to Slo picking on me for being picky, here's the shots, all of them (well most - explained below). These are straight from the camera so if you want something a little "tuned up" let me know.

http://wtimages.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/IMI-June-17-2012/23621789_5FCxL6/

These pics are from the horseshoe (taken from inside the turn) and the final turn before the front straight. I also have pics taken from the stands of the horseshoe showing the other side of the bikes, unfortunately those shots all include plates so I'll need some time to blur them before I post them.

Hover your mouse over the larger pic on the right and a list of sizes will pop up, select original (or whatever size you're interested in) and a window will open showing that size pic with the ability to download it. You can also click on the larger picture and a window will open showing medium size with other sizes available at the top of the window.

Slo
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Good seeing you out there again Will. Great shots too!!

absolom
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
There are some really nice shots in there. Thanks for taking those!

absolom
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I had a ton of fun out there. Nice to see some of you again and meet some new people. Hope to see you all out there again. Also thanks for the shade and the food. Shade probably saved me from getting heat stroke...hot out there.

diz
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks again to slo and everyone for setting this up.

Shade probably saved me from getting heat stroke...hot out there.

Yea, same here. I wouldn't have even thought about bringing shade.

Hyde
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for inviting me through PM, Slo! It was good to get on a track again. I only put in those 2 sessions but was glad to quit while I was ahead ;) I'm still getting used to the dry heat and the altitude and I was exhausted when I got home.

And thank you Will for taking the photos!

diz
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks Will. Those photos are really helpful.

daemon
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks again Will for alll the pics.
Very nice.
I need to get back into going there more often.
Nothing like safe fun!

Slo
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Only posting this for Hyde since I didn't know he refused to be her umbrella boy.... And I had gone up with my umbrella and gave it to him haha.....perfect timing as I didn't know they had the discussion.

Sorry Will, I won't be copying anymore pics, I just had to post this one:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/8984/hybeandumbrellaboy.jpg

Hyde
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 11:54 AM
He has since agreed to be my umbrella boy after I pouted for long enough :)

WolFeYeZ
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Well, that was a blast of a day. Got the crash I wanted, I never knew crashing was going to feel so pleasant. Slept 12 hours last night from the exhaustion. :)