PDA

View Full Version : Basic Motorcycle Maintenance Class (TCLOCS) CANCELLED!!!!

bornwildnfree
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
After our trial run with Demonrider and Dolphinrider, we've made some changes to make this class even better. This class is designed for the newer riders out there who just took the Basic Rider Course and just bough their first bike but all are welcome. There's a lot of good information in the class and I learned a few things.
We based this class on the MSF TCLOCS course, but have provided lots of other good information. You will learn such things as how to change your oil*, how to check tire pressure, how to adjust your chain, and much more. We will also be doing a paced ride after the class to work on riding skills. There are 8 spots available.

*You do not have to change the oil on your bike if you do not want to or it isn't time or whatever, but we will be demonstrating how to do it and if you want to learn on your own bike, please see below for what you need to bring (it never hurts to change it before it needs to be changed ;) ).
You will need to bring:
1) You
2) Your motorcycle (please fill up the tank before you get to my house.)
3) Owners Manual: if you have one, if not, PM me and we'll see what we can dig up
4) The tool kit that came with your motorcycle: If you don't have one, don't worry. Look online for what was in it. If you can't find it PM me.
5) One 3/8 in ratcheting socket with a set of sockets: You can get a set of 10mm-18mm sockets at Sears or Harbor Freight. The most common ones I've found are 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, but each bike is different.
6) A set of allen (hex key) wrenches
7) A penny
8) At least a helmet, gloves, and jacket if you are going on the ride after.

*To change the oil on your bike, you will need:
1) Correct oil filter for your bike: You can find them at any motorcycle shop
2) Oil: You will need to bring the number of quarts your motorcycle uses. If there is a question of what type/kind to get, please PM me and we will get you an answer.
3) The correct socket for taking off your oil drain bolt: again, if you don't know, PM me.
4) An oil filter socket: This is a giant socket that fits around the oil filter making it easier to get off. Can be picked up with the oil filter. It's nice to have, but not necessary.

All of this will fit in a standard backpack. If you are uncomfortable carrying all of this in a backpack you can drop it off the night before.

Sign up by PMing me or Replying in the thread and I will add you to the list. Spots will probably go quickly so sign up now!

1) dolphinrider
2) demonrider

WolFeYeZ
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 08:38 AM
1) You
2) Your motorcycle (please fill up the tank before you get to my house.)

All of this will fit in a standard backpack.

I would love a motorcycle that fits in a backpack, please :D

bornwildnfree
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I have one. Spiderman got it for me for Christmas. It's a ZX10 and it fits perfectly in my backpack. It even does wheelies!

Hyde
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Agh I will be out of town for a few weeks but I'd love to do this sometime in late July/early August if you do another one. Thanks! :)

DemonRider
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
I'm also now out for this, sorry :( !!! Sunday is crazy day :)

bornwildnfree
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
And cancelled. If ya'll need help doing stuff, just PM and we'll get it figured out.