PDA

View Full Version : 03 R6 Sliders?

BlueDevil
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 08:22 AM
Hey all got a 03 R6 and I am looking to get some frame sliders. I am aware I have to cut the fairing for them. Anyone got any deals on them ? So far the lowest I found was 45.00 +s&h...........

yakuza
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:30 AM
Tfog sells Intuitive products, you should give them a call. Tell them Alex Kuretz sent you. :)

303-216-2400
http://www.tfogracing.com/

BlueDevil
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 09:41 AM
Yeah I thought about them but they dont have it on the web. I shot them an email though........

BlueDevil
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:23 AM
They are out of stck at TFog. :( Got em there for 52.00.

Anyone else got any good places as well ???? Just looking to get ideas on the best price avail....... Damn new bike broke me. haha

Anonymous
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:26 AM
How 'bout Eric on the R1 board? I heard he makes sliders.

BlueDevil
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:38 AM
Yes but he makes them out of metal.......Bad idea IMO. Sparks can cause bad things on the track........

Anonymous
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:01 AM
Really?!? I didn't know that. When people said he made sliders, I naturally assumed he used plastic or delron. I know he's a bit of a steel geek (he said so in an email to me), but I thought he was just into manufacturing things for motorcycles.

Contact these guys: info@af1racing.com - they're affiliated with the ApriliaForum, but I bought my clutch slider from them off ebay (way cheaper than intuitive, and just as durable - $52 shipped instead of $70 + P&H).

One good thing about Intuitive (and only if you buy directly from them), is that if you need replacements, you can get them at a somewhat discounted price.

BlueDevil
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:08 AM
I shot them an email asking if they had them. So far coxracing has them at the lowest I found. 45.00 I paid 44 for my R1 from kneedraggers but they are to high on the R6.

Boy Scout
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 11:59 AM
Best price I found on Intuitive sliders was Parts411: $44 plus shipping. That was for an F4i, but ya might wanna checkem out.

BlueDevil
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Sure enough parts411.com has them from Intutive for 44.09 a pair.

www.tobefast.com is looking into matching the price on a Graves set (retail is the same) if not they also have Intuitive as well.

I paid 44.00 for my R1 frams sliders and I thought it was a good price. I cant complain with these prices............ Its funny that some are at 69.00+ for the same slider..........Do they even sell any? :lol:

BlueDevil
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 03:06 PM
Looks like Brian at TK is going to hook me up on all the needed items. Just need some number plates for the 03R6 and its go time. The tapeworks looks to be pretty nice. Ill just get them in yellow. THanks to Bob for the info on that one.

Id like to paint them on but it seems dumb when Im gonna go for the expert plate as soon as I can and go white. Then I will paint it on.
Who knows. Dream big right?

Ideas? Ill most likely put up a post on number plates too.

Lee@copowersports
Fri Sep 26th, 2003, 10:09 AM
If you need some asap we have some in black for $45......lee

Ripper
Fri Sep 26th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Yo Lee. waz up!!! 8)

LEE's the man!!!!

Lee@copowersports
Fri Sep 26th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Flesh Dog is that you?

Ripper
Fri Sep 26th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Hell Yea!!! how are the kids? POPS, :bananna:

BlueDevil
Sat Sep 27th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the offer Lee but I wouldnt go to CO Powersports if U paid me $45 to take them...... Sorry but U guys have screwed me over so many times I just couldnt sleep at nights if I gave U another dollar of my hard earned paycheck...... Thanks though.

Lee@copowersports
Sat Sep 27th, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'd be interested in the specifics to see if there's any resolution or if there's something I can learn from your experience. We sponsor over 60 racers here in Colorado, have 5 locations and work hard on our customer realtionships. Looking around this web site i've seen that some people have had a poor experience with our dealerships and just about every other one in town. I'd personally like a shot at resolving any issues with you, but if not, I will understand...Lee

BlueDevil
Sun Sep 28th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Read up on the many in the Shop Exp section. I have posted a few of my many adventures with you folks there. As well as Nate and Ninja I believe. Those amoung many others have forced me to go many miles to get parts and accessories.........Even though U are only a few blocks away. To B honest many of you have tried hard to make it right. I believe Justin (Serv) was the last one. I have even worked with the Manager in serv.....Cant remember the name (Dark hair, Glasses). Anyway, U guys have done everything from forgetting my appointment and blowing my services off, hours before I had track days and had made appoint. weeks in advance to ensure they would be done........to sliding a dremel down my fairing when installing flushies (then refusing to replace the fairing), Installing a Euro tail on my last R1 incorrectly and asking me to zip tie it on my own to hold it in place......Loosing my only key when I dropped off my bike for service and having to call out a locksmith to make a new one, charging me through the a hole for installations and repairs that others do in minutes for only dollars......
Hell my buddy had his oil change there and when he picked it up......IT HAD NO OIL IN IT!!!!

Sorry for the rant...... I just think that this biz is a very serious one and requires the most attention to detail that one can give. After all, I will most likely never be able to afford a Ferrari......so this is the poor mans Ferrari and I work hard to be able to enjoy the sport of motorcycling........ and when someone screws it up so often and has treated so many folks like it didnt matter, its hard to ever want to do biz with them again. There are so many small business in CO that are struggling and will kill them selves for the small base of customers they have to keep them and hopefully get the word spread to grow in the future..........
Im glad U R on here trying to save face and perhaps there will be some folks that U can help.........but in the end U R only 1 guy there and if the others wont join in your effort to become respected again your efforts will become useless in the end. I have given approx 30K to you since 1998 and I wish I could take every penny back. Unfortunately I am one of those guys that loves bikes with a passion and is working on a collection of them so Im sure I will be dropping 30K more in the next couple years..........but not with CO Powersports......
All though an Nice new shinny ARAI Silver and Black Tribal Edwards in a size L for $100.00 might help! :P

Thanks
D

Lee@copowersports
Tue Sep 30th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it. I would feel the same as you do givin your experience with our service department. I assure you that these are not typical experiences that our customers have but would be lying to say that things dont ocassionally go wrong in all our departments. These are the battles of every dealership in business and a very difficult one at that (heck, they have seminars on this stuff). I do appreciate you getting back with me and if you ever need a motorcycle come see me personally and I'll give you the "homie hook-up"........as for the Arai, I'd like one too for a $100 but i heard this song by Johnny Cash and how he got a 55,56,57,58,59 60 chevy for free. haha. :D

Lee@copowersports
Tue Sep 30th, 2003, 10:32 AM
As for the not being able to sleep if you gave us another hard earned dollar...the deal I can make you on any bike and I repeat any bike will have you sleeping like a baby....................Lee

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Sep 30th, 2003, 11:44 AM
I know it's getting off topic but, I just wanted to respond to BlueDevil's comment about crappy service at CO Pwr Sports.

We went in there and bought 2 new '03 Kodiac 450's, new 2-place trailer, new '03 R1 & R6, 4 helmets (my street being an Arai Corsiar RX7 with a list of $720.00) Well over $30k in one pop. Do you think they remembered me the very next day? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

BlueDevil
Mon Oct 6th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Got some Intuitives from Brian at TK Motorsports. Gave me a better price than I could find anywhere else. Installed them Sat. I sure do feel more comfortable on her now.........
I also ordered a ZG clear DB screen and some spools. Also got a great price.

Thanks Brian.

Cant wait to get that screen in and see how it looks.