PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't I Find a General Contractor?

Vitesse304
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 03:58 PM
The hail storm last week left our house in pretty bad shape...new roof, siding, window, trim, etc...

So I've was trying to find some general contractors to bid for the work. For some reason, I can't really find any general contractors in the Parker area. What gives? A lot are commercial, or some are just roofing contractors...I need someone that can get me a bid for all the work!

I've searched yellowpages.com, dex, and just general good searches in Parker...nothing...

Do I need to expand my search into Denver? I'd like to keep the business local, but I also need to get multiple bids and get the house fixed! The few that I've called and left voicemails with haven't returned my calls.

Is it normal to not get call backs from contractors and why is it so hard to find them in the 1st place? I can understand that it is frustrating to provide a bid, and lose it to someone else, but isn't that just the nature of the business?

kingtut
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I think there's some people in-the-know on here. If they don't chime in, I can check my rolodex...

Titus
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I've got a friend who owns a roofing company, and they do top notch work. Do you live in Douglas county?

longrider
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I just texted a friend who is a GC in Parker. He does ride but I dont know if he is a member here

Kitten
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Cadre General Contractors

Nick Muller: 303-909-5164

big53lee
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 05:21 PM
My brother does it all. He and my buddy own Arvada Roofing Gutters Siding. They do it all and amazing work throughout metro area. Call Dennis Finch @ 720-933-0152. Tell him his brother Lee refered you.

bluedogok
Wed Jun 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Many roofing contractors also do siding and trim. That is who did that work to the house we sold in Austin, it was much easier finding one that way who did all of it rather than go with a general who is going to farm everything out and take their cut off the top. That was basically the recommendation of a commercial contractor friend down there, since I do mostly commercial architecture I didn't know many residential contractors.

t_jolt
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
call tristin 720-273-8068

Tell him Tyrel sent you. Hes damn near my bro in law. he will take care of you

Tyrel

Vitesse304
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the leads guys...time to make some phone calls!

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I've been working with Timeless Custom Homes for over 15 years, Richard Burton 303-807-9468 and he is in Elizabeth and his partner (John) is in Parker.

And they own a roofing company too!

I`m Batman
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM
ServiceMagic.com always work for me and VERY fast responses.