PDA

View Full Version : Danny Walkers American Supercamp this weekend

1ofTheBoys
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Danny has a class this weekend if anyone is interested. He also has an all Female class tomorrow starting at 3pm - 11pm. I will be attending all three days.

American Supercamp is a riding skills and balance improvement course for ALL motorcycle riders using aggressive and innovative riding drills composed by the best riders in motorcycling (Carr, E. Bostrom, Edwards, and more). The camp is designed to force students to critically think about their actions and the effects on the handling of the motorcycle. The camp focuses on improving your techniques of cornering for safety and speed; improving your abilities going into a corner, getting out of a corner, and if need be, past the competition.

Street Riders

We wish the world was a perfect place, but it's not. Road debris, animals, cars, and any number of variables can cause a loss of traction or the need for a panic stop. We provide training for exactly those situations.

Roadracers

It is no secret that many of today's top roadracers have a flat-track background. Flat-track riding teaches riders to control slides at both ends of the bike. And, when you seek to push the boundaries of traction, you slide! We show you how to better understand how these slides work with and effect roadracing bikes.

Flat Trackers

No where else will you be able to get as much in depth knowledge and analysis about the keys to getting into and out of the corners faster than with drills designed by the some of the best TT and oval riders ever!

Motocrossers

Generally speaking, the most time to be gained on any track is getting in and out of the corners faster. That is exactly the focus of ASC.

Supermoto!

The unique demands of supermoto riding are all covered right here. From the key elements of sliding to dealing with wide variances in traction, you will find the necessary tools here.

American Supercamp
8606 S.E. Frontage Rd. Fort Collins, CO 80528
off. 970-227-2385
danny@americansupercamp.com (danny@americansupercamp.com)
http://www.americansupercamp.com
(danny@americansupercamp.com)

Sean
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Angela and I will be at the Sat/Sun classes. See ya there, Sheila! :up:

Sean
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 01:11 PM
For me, vids speak louder than words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHFFqP5_Kn0

Mother Goose
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I will be taking this one day. :D

1ofTheBoys
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Angela and I will be at the Sat/Sun classes. See ya there, Sheila! :up:

Sweet, can't wait to see you.

Sean
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Just thought I'd offer a little feedback on the class.

Doooo eeet.

That class was so much freaking fun, it's unreal. You basically get to flog the hell out of TTR-125's for two days. Danny and the boys really drill into you the different techniques and then let you run with them. Day 1 is a lot of getting down the basic drills and getting some muscle retention. You do a lot of oval track stuff. It gets pretty crowded, but it's a good way to get used to riding in traffic if you've never done it. And yes, you will probably crash, along with most others. The class runs 3-11pm, so you get to race around under the lights. It's pretty sweet. They dinner, tons or drinks, red bull, snacks, everything; it's a class act for sure.

Day two is more drills, but the course opens up and you start combining a lot of the things you learned. By now you are getting to know your group and you get to dice it up a bit. Tons of fun! You still do more drills, but the whole time you're just gaining confidence on the bike. I was pretty amazed at what you could do with these little bikes. In tight areas, they can be a handful. At the end of the night, there is a new track configuration and you rail the shit out of it. It was a blast!

No, I'm not a person with a lot of money. And dishing out the cash for both Angela (who kicked serious ass) and I to attend, hurt. But it was worth it. You will not walk away feeling that you've wasted your time.

Angela and I got home around 1:30am (a four hour drive accomplished in three hours. Oops.) with shit-eaten-grins on our faces.

asp_125
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I've heard good things about it. Two of our friends made the trip last year from NM. Me :dunno: I'd probably fall down and break something. ;)

Sean
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 10:02 AM
I've heard good things about it. Two of our friends made the trip last year from NM. Me :dunno: I'd probably fall down and break something. ;)You should do it with your special lady friend. It will make you guys ride those dirtbikes totally differently. You walk away with a lot more confidence and skills. At least I did.

And FYI: there were people of all levels, all ages and all backgrounds. There were even two people who were riding a bike for the first time ever! And by day two, they were riding the track with one of the groups. We had a few guys in there 60's (one of them was fast too) and a kid who was 11. It was cool. No matter the level, you got what you needed out of it.

UglyDogRacing
Mon Jun 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I did it 7 years ago and we had Chris Carr as our instructor. Still the best $500 I've ever spent.
I put Amber in the ladies camp this past Friday afternoon/evening. She loved it.
Here she is dicing with Sheila (1oftheboys) and one of the instructors -

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/380263_4119945044817_1518943428_n.jpg