PDA

View Full Version : Stuck CD Changer

Zanatos
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I have a JBL stereo in my Toyota 4Runner, and I think the 6-disc CD changer is stuck. When I press buttons to change or eject a CD, it gives me an error message (ERROR 3).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might fix this thing - or where I might take it to get it repaired cheap?

matt2778
Thu Jun 14th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I have a JBL stereo in my Toyota 4Runner, and I think the 6-disc CD changer is stuck. When I press buttons to change or eject a CD, it gives me an error message (ERROR 3).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might fix this thing - or where I might take it to get it repaired cheap?

You need a new stereo. I work at toyota and just changed on out for the exact same problem.

Dizzy D
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Mine did the same thing. We unplugged the battery (to reset everything) and got the CD out. Just a coincidence I needed a new battery too. Then bought a new stereo.

WolFeYeZ
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Crazy stuff, I just started getting error 3 on my toyota CD changer too...

Ghost
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM
This may or may not work, not sure which unit you have:

Use a screwdriver to pull off the face plate.

The cd player should have 4 screws holding it in place, remove them. Disconnect the radio from the back you will have 3 to 5 connections depending on the model of your unit.

(Toyota connectors are very easy to connect and disconnect). unscrew the two screws on top (really small screws) there should be 3 slide clips at the front face of the cd player holding down the top cover, raise these clips slightly and pull off the cover.

You should be able to see your cds. You will not be able to save them. Break them in pieces with a pair of cutters and carefully remove them (I stress careful) from the unit.

Replace the cover, plug in the connectors to the cd player and screw the mounts back.

Everything should work fine when you turn your key.

mdub
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
stuck cd changer...wow, you rich baastid.

i have a stuck 8 track tape player..

kingtut
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Coincidentally my Sony 5-disc changer (not for car, at home) just took a dump.

"Err 26"

What's worse is, I have a few rentals stuck in there. The thing won't play, won't skip, won't eject-- nothing. ARgh.

Zanatos
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 10:44 AM
I found these instructions on pulling the Toyota stereo/navigation unit - but it looks pretty damn complicated.

http://www.castulucci.com/projects/carpc/oemnaviaccess/

Looks like I'll just be listening to the radio for a while.