PDA

View Full Version : Flat Track Racing

Husky
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Went to watch the Flat Track races yesterday at Dacano. Damn, them guys get flying around that little track, pretty cool racing.

kawasakirob
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Nice, that's one area of racing that I don't know much about at all. I watched some races at Indy and when Roberts Sr did the demo but that's it. Read a little about Jay Springsteen. Pretty hard stuff. I've heard flat track was the reason American Riders dominated gp's back in the day, when they started going with radials?

tecknojoe
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I went to it once for some cornerworking. It is absolutely incredible.

I don't know who is manlier, a motogp rider, supermoto racer, or flat tracker

Husky
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Nice, that's one area of racing that I don't know much about at all. I watched some races at Indy and when Roberts Sr did the demo but that's it. Read a little about Jay Springsteen. Pretty hard stuff. I've heard flat track was the reason American Riders dominated gp's back in the day, when they started going with radials?

Yeah flat track was real popular here in Colorado in the 70' and 80's but kind of a dying sport. Hopefully it will bounce back, pretty cool watching the vintage class and the pros scream around a dirt oval

stubbicatt
Sun Jun 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Yeah flat track was real popular here in Colorado in the 70' and 80's but kind of a dying sport. Hopefully it will bounce back, pretty cool watching the vintage class and the pros scream around a dirt oval

Oh yes! Very much so. IMO, speedway is even better, that methanol, and the 4 foot blue flame shooting out the megaphone on that Jawa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyukusgs-CI

A little tamer than i remember