PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy a new helmet?

Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:08 PM
Anyone know where the best place price wise to buy a new Arai?

Anonymous
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:09 PM
Shop around locally. Can't get 'em mail order anymore. Performance will likely be the cheapest (Fay will be way expensive) but if you find a couple shops at the same price you might be able to talk one down, since their margins on Arai are sick.

Anonymous
Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:12 PM
Discount may have them cheap. I know they got the best online price for KBC. It's hard to tell anymore since you can't buy them online.

Mon Sep 22nd, 2003, 03:18 PM
That explains why I can't get find them online. Thanks!

RSVR4aCowboy
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 07:55 AM
That explains why I can't get find them online. Thanks!

Do a search on eBay for Arai. Corsairs are going for 460- 500. Quantums in the 370 range. You can still find the RR4 which was replaced by the Corsair in the 360 range. :D These prices are for brand new. I just picked up a new Corsair and it cost me 500 delivered. Better than the 700 MSRP.

Vance
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:12 AM
Shop around locally. Can't get 'em mail order anymore. Performance will likely be the cheapest (Fay will be way expensive) but if you find a couple shops at the same price you might be able to talk one down, since their margins on Arai are sick.

Wait wait wait --- why can't you get helmets via mail order any more? Did I miss something?

Anonymous
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:15 AM
Wait wait wait --- why can't you get helmets via mail order any more? Did I miss something?I think it's a restriction that Arai placed on their distributors & authorized retailers - something to the effect of "In order to sell Arai helmets, you can only sell them to somebody that physically walked through your door". I think this started coming into effect earlier this year - not sur of the exact date.

BlueDevil
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:49 AM
U can get them on the net still. U just cant buy them online directly. When U find a dealer U just have to call in to get a price on a model. Most can and will still sell them by phone.

To B honest Ebay is the way to go here. There are so many dealers and private parties that sell them new in a box to get rid of stock fast.

Locally Metro Powersports can usually take care of U pretty good on them. Performance isnt cheap (They charge Retail or near retail on ARAI) but once in a while they will have some on sale that make it more reasonable.

1 tip if U hit up Ebay or online dealer.......know the exact model, color, and size U want. If U buy one they wont usually take it back.

Good luck. Im on Ebay all the time looking for a Large Black and Silver Edwards Replica (Tribal style) Have yet to find one in months of looking. Some day Ill find one. :D

BlueDevil
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 08:50 AM
Oh yeah and ANy model over 400 - 450 and U R getting raped. Keep looking.

Anonymous
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:04 AM
Oh yeah and ANy model over 400 - 450 and U R getting raped. Keep looking.

The RX7-Corsair is well above the 400-450 mark. Even with race sponsorship I'm paying more than that, it's a $700 helmet retail. Street gear will be cheaper.

If Metro Powersports can sell them (I'm not sure), remember they just signed on as a CSC sponsor and will cut any member here a discount. :idea:

BlueDevil
Tue Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:33 AM
Good call!!!!