PDA

View Full Version : [N Met] Quaker Steak & Lube (Westminster) Bike Night Every Wed

Matrix
Wed Jun 20th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Wife and I two wheeled it to this weekly event just to check it out.

On the Pro side, their were a ton of bikes of all different types including some old Nortons. They also have a live band, booths by the Law Tigers, Sun, and several others. Parking was completely roped off for bikes and they even have a flag girl at the entrance waving bikes one way and cars the other (nice idea). As always, the wings there are kick ass.

On the Con side, their were dumb ass's from all bikes types revving motors excessively and using the onramp as a drag strip. However, I did see some pretty sweet wheelie action by some squids with no helmets. :squid:

All and all, I plan to go back. The service was great, food is solid, the band and parking is a plus and their was a good selection of bikes. It could really use a better breed of sportbike rider so hopefully I will see some of you guys there next week. :yes:

stubbicatt
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 05:52 AM
Awww. We must have missed you last night.

+1 on the embarassing antics of the squid contingent.

Sean
Thu Jun 21st, 2012, 08:26 AM
I used to like that bike night and I always enjoyed there wings! :drool:

RajunCajun
Mon Jun 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I might give it another try this week. I wasn't impressed last week at all! I stopped to look at a bike and the first thing the owner asked if I wanted to race. Really? I'm 33 years old, I don't think I want to risk my license to race at a bike night.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Mon Jun 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I might give it another try this week. I wasn't impressed last week at all! I stopped to look at a bike and the first thing the owner asked if I wanted to race. Really? I'm 33 years old, I don't think I want to risk my license to race at a bike night.
What license? :p:D

All kidding aside, I really like the place. I always did when I went to bike nights in Cleveland, and I like 'em here. I've always liked the food, and they have great wongs and O-Rings. I'm a little out of the way, but plan to make more now that 'Cajun has a bike and him and Greg live just down the road.

And though there are a few squids revving their engines, for the most part, it's all the asshat Hardley types....... Like, I want to hear a compressor motor screaming for mercy at it's 5k rpm redline, right?

Matrix
Wed Jun 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
If the rain stays at bay (hopefully not I might add) then I will try to ride to this event. May cage it too but that kind of ruins the fun.

UHATEIT
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I need to make it up to this sometime, either all u can eat wing night or the bike night. The drive from deep south Denver is rough with traffic during the week tho. BTW I am a newb and probably the correct term you use here of squid :squid: but I am not a wheelie type of guy :)

Bueller
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I don't think you want to classify yourself as a squid, that has nothing to do with newbness, it has more to do with riding like an asshat.

UHATEIT
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I don't think you want to classify yourself as a squid, that has nothing to do with newbness, it has more to do with riding like an asshat.

I'm too new to ride like an asshat, I have no skills whatsoever or any thoughts that I have the skills to do wheelies, I'll never refer to myself as such now that I know :)

SirMikens
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I thought squids were just guys/gals that rode without protective gear.

Bueller
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Lack of gear just coincides many times with jokers riding like douche nozzles. There are plenty of guys in full leathers I would consider squids.
Not wearing gear is a personal choice. Sometimes I don't wear gear riding around town when my risk level is low. When I race I wear it all.
Squid is a stupid term that is thrown around way too much.

grim
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Lack of gear just coincides many times with jokers riding like douche nozzles. There are plenty of guys in full leathers I would consider squids.
Not wearing gear is a personal choice. Sometimes I don't wear gear riding around town when my risk level is low. When I race I wear it all.

Tis what i have come to learn.

If i had been seen yesterday on my DRZ while making a quick run to get some parts people would prob call me a squid for wearing safety glasses pants boots n a shirt, yet i was going the speed limit, staying in my lane and riding like a good semeritan, but if i am in full gear doing a wheelie on Hampden ave with cars near me im just a bad ass. :lol:

Bueller
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM
but if i am in full gear doing a wheelie on Hampden ave with cars near me im just an ass. :lol:
Fixed

Nick_Ninja
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM

Douche Nozzle > Squid

:D

Ghosty
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I thought squids were just guys/gals that rode without protective gear.
Read this thread (only 3 pages), lots of good explanations and views (from long-time bikers), on what constitutes a 'Squid':

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46420&highlight=squid

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Did anyone go to this last night. It's a long drive for me during the week so I did not go, but I guess they were announcing the winnders of some bike contest

RajunCajun
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Did anyone go to this last night. It's a long drive for me during the week so I did not go, but I guess they were announcing the winnders of some bike contest

If Walnut Room is too far,,, and Quaker is too far,,,, where the heck do you live??

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 01:15 PM
If Walnut Room is too far,,, and Quaker is too far,,,, where the heck do you live??

I'm a new rider and just don't like riding in excessive traffic just yet. I'm at the bottom of denver and would need to take 25 all the way up. Just too much traffic. Quaker steak is my alltime favorite wing place I go there all the time but usually in my car or on the weekends when there isn't as much traffic, that's all

UHATEIT
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Ill hit quaker steak on weekends usually, its just a pain through traffic in the week when of course they have the all u can eat night and bike night

Streetdoctor
Sat Jul 21st, 2012, 10:05 PM
What time does this start? Might swing by after work wednesday.. Anyone else from here plan on going? I need to find more people to ride with.

cmequestionu
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
New member here. Looking to meet some of you @ QS&L tomorrow 7/25 if you are up for it. Will be there (weather permitting) about 6. I will be on a silver FZ1. I think happy hour ends at 7 so I will prolly be at he bar in a blue Joe Rocket jacket.

-Eric

cmequestionu
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Definitely going tonight 8/8/12 swimsuit competition @ 8!:shocked: