PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks Leather Repair

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:56 PM
Well I decided I would give them a try. Nice folks there and they are close. Repair on my shoulder was $40 bucks. This included double sided leather and stitching. The only nice thing I would say is that they are very nice there and close to home. Down sides: mmmm Could have done that work my self. Square piech of leather, some glue, and stich it in.... Im not happy. With 2 minutes of extra effort it could have been cut to fit the area so as not to look like a patch at all. 1100.00 dollar Spidi and I have a 4 yr old patch job on it. Anyway, for the northern crew and dont want to travel so far south to get work done. U R SOL. Now anyone got a VP patch or 2? :D Approx 4".

troythetroll
Tue Aug 2nd, 2005, 03:48 PM
Unfortunate.

I had 2 suits which didn't fit, completely resized and rebuilt for $90 each. We're talking alterations to the old leather, addition of leather to the front, restitch a seam here and there plus putting the zipper back on in a different place.

Roy at ShoeBox Emissions ( west colfax ) did the rebuild on the first one in 2 weeks and experimented, I tried it on twice during the experiments to give him a reference, by Suit #2 he had it down and was done in 2 days. He fixed my boots with a bad zipper for $5.

I got a recommendation from this board first, they were a disaster, time and performance wise, got the good tip from TFOG.

Wahooman
Tue Aug 2nd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Had me wondering there for a minute........I just saw Twin Peaks with a :down:

BlueDevil
Wed Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:11 AM
Had me wondering there for a minute........I just saw Twin Peaks with a :down:

I thought about that so I made sure I put leather repair in the title so people would not get confused. :D

Ive had work done in the past (Lettering) by Bab racing. I was happy with the work and price, but its over an hour drive for me to get there and another back home... GUess next time Ill shut up and drive..... :lol:

Polar X
Tue Aug 23rd, 2005, 04:02 PM
quick ?? so can a stock suit be altered? and is it worth it for the money?

I would like to get my tech suit "tightened up" abit. who would you recommend down by Parker?

BlueDevil
Wed Aug 24th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Well I had my lettering and graphics done by Heather at BAB Racing. She is pretty far south. I think her number is 303-617-1650 Im not sure she does alterations or not, but I was happy with her job on the graphics. A long hike down there for me up here in the boonies though...

Another possibility is a buddy of mines sponsor. Its not in CO though.... but said to do great work.

"Spyder leatherworks
Alexa does a great job for a fair price.
http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/
Just tell her James From Denver sent you.
The only problem, she lives in Wisconsin. "

BlueDevil
Wed Aug 24th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Oh yes one more in Centenial: I been here but she doenst create lettering only puts it on for you or patches. I think alterations are done there as well.......

Hilda's Fine Tailoring
2275 E Arapahoe Rd Ste 128
Centennial CO 80122
303-730-0222

Polar X
Wed Aug 24th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks Dion. :)