PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Jetta TDI?

Rare Air
Thu Jun 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM
My wife and I are looking at a Jetta TDI 2001. Anyone out there that has experience with them and love or hate them? I know that changing the timing belt in them is a pain but just curious for some unbiased opinions out there.

kingtut
Thu Jun 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My wife and I are looking at a Jetta TDI 2001. Anyone out there that has experience with them and love or hate them? I know that changing the timing belt in them is a pain but just curious for some unbiased opinions out there.

My brother had one. He traded it in around 60kmi, as it was already having issues.

koop
Thu Jun 28th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I wouldn't own a 12 year old VW on a bet.

mdub
Thu Jun 28th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't own a 12 year old VW on a bet.

same here. c'mon 12yrs old....eeesssh...last time i ever heard of jettas they always had issues....forgetaboutet

willb003
Thu Jun 28th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Diesel, fuck yeah. Power and good gas mileage.
Its just like and mechanical device, take care of it and it will last.

tstevens
Thu Jun 28th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Diesel is the only way to do it. I would stray away from an older VW unless its been well taken care of. One of my buddies just bought a new one and its netting hand calculated 42.5 mpgs city and highway combined.

Fumet5uNo
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 07:46 AM

i have had a couple TDI vw's there great cars very little problems the only big ish is a wiring problem on the injectors and glow plugs go out allot but there all really easy to fix!! last one i had was a golf TDI and put 385K on her before i sold it.

one thing about euro cars is keeping up the maint. allot of people will say there high maint. cars, not true just when people buy them they dont take care of them. i have never had any problems with any of my euros! but i kept up the maint. if you find a TDI over 100k just make sure to have it checked out (i would rec Mcdonald audi VW)

highpsi03
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I work for Volkswagen and can give you straight answers if you are interested in getting one.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 04:31 PM

that's kind of a funny statement.

since a diesel gets zero miles to the gallon of gas :gay:

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Its just like and mechanical device, take care of it and it will last.

Umm.... What if the Jettas were built like shit then? They were, and like stated before they had huge electrical problems. I do not recommend taking care of a piece of shit.

If it hasnt had any problems yet it probably wont but getting a straight answer might be hard.

The biggest reason these cars were ever sold was because 12 years ago Diesel was half the cost of fuel. I would keep looking, the Jettas in that age range were just too hit and miss.

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 06:41 PM
The biggest reason these cars were ever sold was because 12 years ago Diesel was half the cost of fuel.

Diesel is fuel

Ezzzzy1
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Diesel is fuel

Right you are... Gas. Half the price of GAS :up:

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jun 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM
just felt like being an ass.

Thanks for humoring me