PDA

View Full Version : Sarge's 1st Track Day Videos.

Sarge
Sat Jun 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Attended the FAASST open lapping day at PMP yesterday, and it was awesome. Weather was perfect, the slightest breeze, bright and sunny, track conditions were excellent.

This was my first track day ever, but I had a blast! Any of you who didn't make it yesterday (or today for the MRA/SS) missed out. In this video http://youtu.be/reKx4y8CBBc I managed to get my knee down in turns 1 and 3, and several times that day even managed to pass people.

The new pavement down at Pueblo is epic. Only issue I had was a little dirt in 7, which the FAASST guys spent some time cleaning that morning but myself and a few others lost a little traction more than once coming through it. Finally I just decided to take it wide and slow, better safe than sorry, turns 1-4 were probably my favorite anyway.

A lot of people have been concerned about turn 10, but even I was able to take it at 50 MPH+ every time, again, just take it wide and steady, and don't open up until you're upright again. They did their best to lay some rubber down in the left lane, but its still a drag strip with new pavement and cement.

Overall, best riding experience I've ever had so far. For those of you who haven't been to the track, get your stuff together and get out there! Literally, the only prep I did was a coolant flush for Water Wetter (super easy) and some painters tape for lights/reflectors/turn signals, and pulled the mirrors off real quick. I'm slightly upset at the fact that I'm going to be gone most of the summer for Army training, but I will find time for this again.

TWISM
Wed Jul 4th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Attended the FAASST open lapping day at PMP yesterday, and it was awesome. Weather was perfect, the slightest breeze, bright and sunny, track conditions were excellent.

This was my first track day ever, but I had a blast! Any of you who didn't make it yesterday (or today for the MRA/SS) missed out. In this video http://youtu.be/reKx4y8CBBc I managed to get my knee down in turns 1 and 3, and several times that day even managed to pass people.

The new pavement down at Pueblo is epic. Only issue I had was a little dirt in 7, which the FAASST guys spent some time cleaning that morning but myself and a few others lost a little traction more than once coming through it. Finally I just decided to take it wide and slow, better safe than sorry, turns 1-4 were probably my favorite anyway.

A lot of people have been concerned about turn 10, but even I was able to take it at 50 MPH+ every time, again, just take it wide and steady, and don't open up until you're upright again. They did their best to lay some rubber down in the left lane, but its still a drag strip with new pavement and cement.

Overall, best riding experience I've ever had so far. For those of you who haven't been to the track, get your stuff together and get out there! Literally, the only prep I did was a coolant flush for Water Wetter (super easy) and some painters tape for lights/reflectors/turn signals, and pulled the mirrors off real quick. I'm slightly upset at the fact that I'm going to be gone most of the summer for Army training, but I will find time for this again.

Awesome video. I am about to take my 11 S1000RR on the track for the 1st time, how was the bike on the track?

Sarge
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Bike was awesome, just make sure you take the proper time to set it up, flush the coolant, tape over the lights, etc. Also, take the time and adjust your suspension, makes all the difference in the world.

Smitty
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I tried to make my way over there to say hi and see how you were enjoying your track day but you left before I was able to make it. Are you going to do anymore track days?