PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations on shooting locations that aren't closed?

salsashark
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Our usual places have been shut down. I understand because we all see what's going on with the fire danger across the state and we all know that there are idiots out there who disregard common sense.

So Pike and Pawnee are both shut down. Does anyone have any recommendations on spots that may still be open?

We're looking at doing some 300+ yard stuff.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
curious here.... Anyone know of a fire that was started by shooting?

salsashark
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
I know people who've started fires while shooting... I won't name names, but you know who you are... :hibye:

The forest service lady I spoke with said they've had to put out several fires out in Pawnee this summer and recreational shooting is the cause.

I'm assuming not from the flying lead, but rather idiotic people who flick cigs, park their cars in tall grass, shoot propane tanks... that kind of crap.

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
kind of what I was wondering... Is it the shooting or the idiots doing the shooting?

I really believe I could shoot into a box of matchsticks and not light anything but would be an interesting mythbusters episode.

Lots of signs all up in Roosevelt at every road regarding shooting and fires.

I`m Batman
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Maybe they're using tracers or those Dragon's Breath rounds? :D

FZRguy
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
How bout Buffalo Creek? Anyone been up to shoot there recently?

salsashark
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Thought about it, but we're looking to sight in some new glass... Need open range.

Also, Buffalo Creek's part of Pike... Sheriff's ban in place.

Zach929rr
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
How bout Buffalo Creek? Anyone been up to shoot there recently?

I was at a spot south of Deckers last weekend. Not closed and there was no one there on Saturday at like 10. I'm assuming if I shot there, then you should be able to 20 miles away at Buffalo Creek.

Vitesse
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
curious here.... Anyone know of a fire that was started by shooting?

A fire that started last week in Utah was caused by target shooters.... http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2012/06/22/20120622fire-sparked-by-shooting-evacuates-homes-utah.html

Apparently it's pretty common, at least in Utah: "This is the 20th target-shooting related fire this year in Utah"