PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how to change fork springs?

buzzardman36
Mon Jul 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
I have a DrZ 400 and want to change out the fork springs for a pair that are rated for my lbs. Does anyone near Parker wanna make some bucks and change em out for me? Or recomend a good shop that won't put me on a three week waiting list?

CaneZach
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 02:25 PM
Dave Rose STM suspension. That's the answer you'll get from 99% of the people on here.

Bueller
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Do you have the springs?

Wrider
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Inverted or regular forks?
If regular, is very easy. If inverted, STM suspension without question.

EDIT: If you don't have a fork oil level tool I wouldn't do it either. You'll have to readjust your fork oil level due to the oil sticking to the old spring.

VryfastRR
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Dave Rose STM suspension. That's the answer you'll get from 99% of the people on here.

^
^
^
^
^

This.

buzzardman36
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Do you have the springs?

I do have the replacement springs and the forks are not the inverted type.

buzzardman36
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Really? I live in Parker, do I really need to drive all the way to ft. Collins for stm?

Wrider
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 02:36 PM
If you're just changing them out, and already have a fork oil level tool, you're golden. It's super simple to do. If not, then get someone to come over with a fork oil level tool to help you out.

I do have the tool, but am down in the Springs.

buzzardman36
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 11:36 PM
If you're just changing them out, and already have a fork oil level tool, you're golden. It's super simple to do. If not, then get someone to come over with a fork oil level tool to help you out.

I do have the tool, but am down in the Springs.

I'd pay for gas and throw some bucks your way???

Wrider
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Wouldn't be able to make it up for a couple of weeks. This weekend is already booked, and it's looking like I'll be purchasing a truck out of state next weekend. If I end up getting the truck I'll swing by on my way back to the Springs and show/help you out.

buzzardman36
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Wouldn't be able to make it up for a couple of weeks. This weekend is already booked, and it's looking like I'll be purchasing a truck out of state next weekend. If I end up getting the truck I'll swing by on my way back to the Springs and show/help you out.

Cool Thanks, Here's my cell # 720-971-8917

maktastik_jr.
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 01:25 PM
i would also advise getting new fork seals and replacing them while everything is torn apart already

buzzardman36
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 01:32 PM
waited a few months, finally took it to Fay Meyers. They got me taken care of for $176.00 Quoted me 150 but said they added fork oil. Anyway, all done and going riding this weekend. :)

Wrider
Wed Aug 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Dude sorry, I completely forgot about this...