PDA

View Full Version : Wow spanking leads to mental health issues?

stubbicatt
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:04 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/team-mom/spanking-linked-mental-illness-says-study-175900352.html

Not sure what to say.

Jeffrey Daumer must have taken quite a few smacks as a kid.

madvlad
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM
This world is missing some ass kicking...

#1Townie
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
I fucking hate the news.

We are not talking about the slap on the bum????? Thats what spanking is. The tittle should read why sexually abusing and beating your kids with 2x4s can screw your kid up. They write this article to make yiu think that if you spank your kid they are going to be drunks and cannibals.

FZjake719
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
.....That WOULD explain my twitch and stutter, I suppose....

But in all honesty, more parents need to spank their children. Shit, I was basically beat growing up as a kid, but I had it coming to me. I learned at a very young age what was right and wrong, and what happened if I crossed the line. Come school/graduation time I wound up in the top 25% of my class, I have no felonies, I work my ass off in a legitimate career, etc etc etc. Discipline is a necessity for children growing up. We dont need anymore Lindsay Lohan's running around in the normal world. Teach your children right from wrong (affectively), and let the rest fall in place, IMHO. I wouldnt be who I am today had I not been raised as I was.

That link's Bananas though, either way.

rforsythe
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 02:19 PM
I guess I can blame my recreational crack habit on that, then. Excellent!

Sometimes "listen son, don't do that again or I'll be very cross with you" just doesn't convey the message, and sometimes a smack on the ass gives a kid the necessary moment of pause they need to quit being a dumbass. I don't support smacking the crap out of your kid routinely as a means of discipline, but spanking has been an effective means of attention getting by parents for millennia.

grim
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Guess my kid will be the next to eat someones face off, She is 2 years old if i don't give her a good swift smack in the ass when she does not listen my kid will turn out like all the other little snot nosed fuck heads these days.

JustSomeDude
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
And here I thought this thread was going to be about jaggin' off.

Ghosty
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
+1, on what rforsythe posted.

Wow, spanking leads to mental health issues?
Sure, when you're spanking them in the head repeatedly, duh. Lol...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
I guess I can blame my recreational crack habit on that, then. Excellent!

Sometimes "listen son, don't do that again or I'll be very cross with you" just doesn't convey the message, and sometimes a smack on the ass gives a kid the necessary moment of pause they need to quit being a dumbass. I don't support smacking the crap out of your kid routinely as a means of discipline, but spanking has been an effective means of attention getting by parents for millennia.
I 1000% agree with that, like, you can REASON with a 5 yr-old, but don't let the divorce court judge hear that or you're automatically a child abuser, no proof needed.

dirkterrell
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
I read through the paper but they didn't talk about alternative causative factors that might be behind the correlations they see. Spanking causing mental issues is clearly what they think. However, I can think of at least one alternative explanation. There may be genetic factors driving the behavior that results in spanking. These same genetic factors could be behind the disorders seen later in life, thus spanking is the effect rather than the cause.

asp_125
Tue Jul 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Sometimes I'd like to spank the parents of these bratty rugrats.

I was spanked as a child.. I turned out alright. :crazy: