View Full Version : Road Race school @IMI

Sean
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Just saw this from the American Supercamp Facebook page:

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
RoadRace factory School.
August 6 IMI Motorsports park.
www.RoadRacefactory.com

Looks like they are having a road racing school @ IMI. I haven't done this one, but I have done the American Supercamp, and it was worth the cash. Danny and the guys are solid teachers! Looks like this one is around $600 (probably cause the bikes are nicer and you are going to beat the shit out of them and crash). If you want to get some bad-ass riding chops, go to this.

(I'm not affiliated/sponsored/compensated by this school at all. I just value motorcycle education)

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Not a sumo school. It's Danny's new roadracing school. You will be riding YZ250F's but the instruction will be geared towards roadracing, not sumo.

sloridr
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Great find Sean!!! If I was going to be home I would go and learn how to ride my SUMO without crashing!!!

Sean
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Not a sumo school. It's Danny's new roadracing school. You will be riding YZ250F's but the instruction will be geared towards roadracing, not sumo.Thanks for clarifying, Jim. Saw the bikes and assumed. Either way, I bet it will be a worth while event.

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 04:12 PM
you will be doing this in the corners-

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552283_436118793100118_714111425_n.jpg

not this-

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483149_469686256377286_2051637611_n.jpg

vort3xr6
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 04:55 PM
What if I want to do the latter?

Mother Goose
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I want #2. :D

asp_125
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 06:01 PM
#2 ! :D

vort3xr6
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Seriously I'd they did a sumo race school I would be all over it.

Sean
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Seriously I'd they did a sumo race school I would be all over it.It appears from the website that they have done it in the past (this is just an assumption). You should shoot Danny an email at danny@americansupercamp.com to see if they intend on doing another one? He said that their schedule is pretty packed, but who knows. :dunno:

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 07:16 PM
grim sign up for this yet?

grim
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 07:23 PM
grim sign up for this yet?

Man as soon as I read this I was super excited, till I saw the $$$ I can't afford that at this moment.

TinkerinWstuff
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Man as soon as I read this I was super excited, till I saw the $$$ I can't afford that at this moment.

I hear ya. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dish some shit but the truth is I could benefit from this more than the next guy. Can't spare the cash myself at the moment either.

grim
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I hear ya. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dish some shit but the truth is I could benefit from this more than the next guy. Can't spare the cash myself at the moment either.

Having a kid is awesome sometimes huh? :lol:

vort3xr6
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I still think riding schools should realize the market cap is about 400 bucks. Not 600.

Bueller
Thu Jul 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I still think riding schools should realize the market cap is about 400 bucks. Not 600.
I am still looking for a $100 deal :lol: Maybe that's why it is taking me so long to learn to ride.

matt2778
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Hey Jim, do you feel that this school is any good? Looking at the website it looks like $400 for two days.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hey Jim, do you feel that this school is any good? Looking at the website it looks like $400 for two days.

The road race school is one day and $600. It's a new class that Danny has started and I have not taken it. - http://www.americansupercamp.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=8

I've taken the 2 day camp and for $400 it's money well spent. You will never have that much fun on 2 wheels. Danny Walker is a great instructor and most riders get a lot out of taking his class.

SaShWhO
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I am still looking for a $100 deal :lol: Maybe that's why it is taking me so long to learn to ride.

bahahaha
me2

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I've taken the 2 day camp and for $400 it's money well spent. You will never have that much fun on 2 wheels.

http://cdn.indulgy.com/97/WF/A7/nicetry.jpg

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 09:38 AM
http://cdn.indulgy.com/97/WF/A7/nicetry.jpg

??

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
it was a reach. and if I have to explain it then it's really not gonna be worth it.

but $200/day for track class is a bargain any way you look at it.

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
it was a reach. and if I have to explain it then it's really not gonna be worth it.

please explain

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 09:59 AM
please explain

I hear ya. Can't spare the cash myself at the moment either.

Having a kid is awesome sometimes huh? :lol:

Looking at the website it looks like $400 for two days.

etc, etc, etc,

whole lot of figures being tossed around and math going on but still can't get it to fit the budget right now. Thus math still sucks.

are you sorry you asked now?

bornwildnfree
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Gosh darn math always fucking shit up.

Sean
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
It costs a lot more than $600 if you crash. Having the skills and tools to feel confident on the bike at any speed and in the corners, will avoid crashing. Simple logic if you ask me. Plus, you use their bikes, they have multiple instructors, they provide lunch, water, Gatorade and red bull all day long. It's a class act. If I hadn't just taken his 2 day class, and wanted to get faster on the street/track, I would be very interested in taking it.

I don't get it, people spend $300 on a slip-on exhaust that doesn't do shit, but won't invest a little more to make themselves a better/safer rider? To each their own.

I've taken the 2 day camp and for $400 it's money well spent. You will never have that much fun on 2 wheels. Danny Walker is a great instructor and most riders get a lot out of taking his class.

This

/thread

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hey now! it wasn't a slip on exhaust, it was a flat slide pumper carb for the DR650

Sean
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hey now! it wasn't a slip on exhaust, it was a flat slide pumper carb for the DR650I'm not getting on anyone's case, just offering a different perspective. :up:

rybo
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
yeah geez Sean - what's wrong with pumper carbs?

Education is the key to being better / safer / faster. The beauty of it is that, unlike a trick part (pumper carbs aside), you can transfer this "upgrade" to any bike you want.

I've not taken any of Danny's schools, but every review I've heard is good. Explore your options for education, there are many out there and they all offer something a little different

-scott

UglyDogRacing
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
etc, etc, etc,

whole lot of figures being tossed around and math going on but still can't get it to fit the budget right now. Thus math still sucks.

are you sorry you asked now?

lol no i thought you were saying my math was wrong

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm not getting on anyone's case, just offering a different perspective. :up:

I know, just feeling a little bucky on FRIDAY!!

lol no i thought you were saying my math was wrong

nope. just a weak attempt at a joke. :drink: Even when I divide it out to the $50 per axle price of fun multiplied over two days, it still won't fit in my budget.:cry:

But I sure hope to make it to something like this before this season is over

Sean
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 11:09 AM
yeah geez Sean - what's wrong with pumper carbs?
The biggest problem with pumper carbs, is that I don't know shit about them. I have no idea what they do. Therefore, they must be bad. :dunno:

TinkerinWstuff
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 11:19 AM
The biggest problem with pumper carbs, is that I don't know shit about them. I have no idea what they do. Therefore, they must be bad. :dunno:

When you wack the throttle, you get a shot of fuel right down the barrel of the carb.

That and they will raise your taxes, vote against the children, and destroy the economy if elected president.

Sean
Fri Jul 6th, 2012, 11:46 AM
When you wack the throttle, you get a shot of fuel right down the barrel of the carb.
I ride a 9fiddy. No additional power needed off-road, thank you. Plus, does that change you gas mileage? If it does, I'll have the same mpg as a 1/2 pickup! :lol:

btw: as a dirt enthusiast (you), the two day class is worth it. You get ALOT of experience and new tools. Be patient, do what he says, and you'll be tossing that bike in the corners with ease.