PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet Autotune Installation

deadline
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I just got Dynoject Autotune and looking for a shop that can do an installation for me. I got 2009 CBR 600rr with PCV and Slip-on.
When it comes to installation, some wires just plug and play, some minor wiring is needed and welding for the sensor, so I am looking for a place that had done it before so it can be done relatively fast and without mistakes and issues.

TFOG guys told me it will take them 3 hours to do the job which I find odd... Other places had quoted prices under 2 hours of labor.

So I just want to get some opinions and maybe offers.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Work has been done by Epic Motorsports: $158 for less then 2 hours of work.

rforsythe
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I'd actually be surprised if a shop can drill the pipe and weld the sensor on, wire it in, and test everything out in under 2 hours, but maybe they can. Either way I trust Jim at TFOG to do it right.

kalibra
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Take it to TFOG. Jim will treat you right everytime.I would not take my bike anywhere else.A LOT of people here feel the same way,it's been stated on countless threads.

Cornfed
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I bought one and installed it on my 08 GSXR 1000. Let me know if you need any help.

deadline
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Well. Autotune has arrived! Now to install it... TFOGs are booked till next month. I would do it with them, but if someone comes along who can do it next week and for a good price. I am happy too.

Any suggestions?

Mother Goose
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I thought the Autotune just plugs into where your O2 sensor is? :dunno:

Fumet5uNo
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Shop around 3 hours is a rip off

Cornfed
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Well. Autotune has arrived! Now to install it... TFOGs are booked till next month. I would do it with them, but if someone comes along who can do it next week and for a good price. I am happy too.

Any suggestions?

Talk to Mike at QuikCycle. He helped me with mine and knows the system well. (720) 690-9999

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47395

Fumet5uNo
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Talk to Mike at QuikCycle. He helped me with mine and knows the system well. (720) 690-9999

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47395

+1. Take this guy over any other

TFOGGuys
Tue Jul 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I thought the Autotune just plugs into where your O2 sensor is? :dunno:

Not exactly. The autotune sensor is larger in diameter than the original sensor, and the mounting requirements are quite different. The header would need to be removed from the bike, the old bung ground down and bored to the correct diameter, then a new bung welded on. All of this assumes the location and space considerations of the original location fit the parameters outlined by Dynojet. After the header is reinstalled, the autotune module can be wired up, a base map loaded into the PC V, and the software configured.

deadline
Fri Aug 3rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Installation done!

Faster Motorsports quoted me highest price at the slowest time: $345 and it would take them over 3 hours. TFogs Promised 2.5-3 hours for $200. They were also very busy so I looked elsewhere. Other places I called were all around the same price of $200-$250, except for Epic Motorsports that I did end up going with who charged me $158 OTD and had done the work in about 2 hours.

So best deal for Dynojet Autotune installation:

Epic Motorsports: $158 for less then 2 hours of work.