PDA

View Full Version : VERIZON PHONE OPINIONS...

Dietrich_R1
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 08:43 PM
My smartphone crapped out last week and texting back on a flip phone sux!!!

So Droid RAZOR MAXX, iPhone 4S, or LUCID....

I am now leaning for the RAZOR MAXX... super long battery life, gorilla screen, & 4G access.

Any thoughts????

D

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I have the Maxx and have had the iPhone. Both are awesome. My only downside to the Maxx is the size. Its so big that it sucks in the pocket. The iPhone is like the perfect size. Either way you will probably be happy.

Fumet5uNo
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I have always had android since the crap started up, swaped to the I phone first part of this year and never been more happy, have no intent to go back to droid, I phone by far is more reliable

HiImBrian
Sat Jul 7th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I was just in a similar situation where I busted my.Droid.incredible 2 and had to use anq old school flip.phone for a while. Uh that sucked! But I've decided there will never be a phone more bomb than the droid incredible 2. The end

Sent from my bomb Droid

gtn
Sun Jul 8th, 2012, 07:51 AM
I have the Droid Razr. I am really happy with it. The battery life was a bit of an issue (shouldn't be so on the Razr Maxx) but the battery life is better since the upgrade to ICS.

TwistyRydr
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 06:23 PM
iPhone 4S! You will never turn back!!!

pauliep
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I have had the bionic for a long time and the razr is based off it but better in several ways. If I could switch without bending over so much I would.

Ghosty
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
I've had my Droid-X since it came out a couple years ago. It was great, but now on it's last legs it seems. Overloaded with apps and dropped on concrete a few times with no case. Now it's time to upgrade, so I pre-ordered the latest Samsung Galaxy S III. I wanted the HUGE screen and it's suppose to be the best Android phone you can find right now. Dual-core Snapdragon, 32gb, 4G-LTE, 4.8" 1280x720 screen, 8mp main/rear cam + 2mp front cam, IceCreamSandwich, etc. SICK feature list.

If I didn't hate iTunes, the Apple store, and Apple in general, I'd get the latest iPhone. It's nice, great size, runs awesome/smooth, takes some of the best pics you can from a cellphone, and does everything great. I haven't played with the Razr, I just HATE Motorola's craptacular camera they put in the Droids, and apparently they still haven't fixed that. You can read camera complaints all over online. Every Droid variant I know of takes the crappiest pics in low-light situations, even with a flash. It's like the opposite of the iPhone for picture quality. Dunno about the Lucid.

Dietrich_R1
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I'm tipping the scales "now" for the iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S III, & the Droid Incredible 2... not necessarily in that order.

A friend highly warned me about Motorola & I had one once way back in the day & it was a POS.

I want 4G, but right now don't need it. I would like to mobile hotspot it to run the ipad and run a laptop in the near future hopefully for light internet business needs.

The Galaxy is very appealing..... except for the size!! It's bigger than the MAXX, and that already feels like ur holding an iPad up to your head!!

sag
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
i have a first shipment droid x that still functions great. just remember, people will always express their complaints and gripes and bad experiences of a phone but rarely hop online to just say it works fine and they are another satisfied customer. wait a few days and snag the galaxy s 3 or wait til octoberish for maybe the new iphone

Ghosty
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Here's an extensive review, incl. comparo with the SGS3 and Razr Maxx:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/09/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-review-verizon-wireless/

Dietrich_R1
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Read that review at work today.. That's what threw in the S III as a choice. Size is still an issue for me.

Ghosty
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Agree, it's freakishly big. Thankfully it seems pretty slender and smooth design. If I hate it, I'll exchange it for the best Droid that I can find. Suppose to be here by tomorrow or Wednesday. I think there's a 30-day return policy, we'll see...

longrider
Mon Jul 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I'll put in a vote for the Incredible 2, Mine works great and its not freakishly big ;) The lack of 4G is not an issue for me.

I find phone size amusing, the first cell phones were so big you needed a belt holster, they got so small you could put in a shirt pocket and forget it, now they are getting big enough to not fit in a pocket again...

Ghosty
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
You're right, but I think the Samsung is gonna be the upper limit for size that the majority of people are willing to allow. Any bigger and might as well just have a 7" tablet instead, which no one wants to slap on the side of their head, lol. We'll see, lot of this is driven by the Jap/Asian populations and what they are willing to put up with.

But then again, I remember about a decade ago I saw a news video clip on how these "crazy Japanese companies" were testing out phones that do everything (cellphone, camera, video, music). I was like "Geeze weirdo's, that will never fly, much less become popular. That's cramming too much stuff into one device!".

Oops... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/SpectralCat/Emoticons/blush-1.gif

LambeauXLIV
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Incredible 4G is launching soon...fyi

edit: It's already available

Dietrich_R1
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Had my hands on the Incredible HTC yesterday... Good size, does all I need.

I "want" the Syri w/ iPhone or Syri wanna-be with Galaxy, but.... there's always something that isn't to your perfection!!