PDA

View Full Version : Sticker removal?

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Anybody ever removed the stickers off their bike? On my f4i I pulled the stickers off the tail fairing and the residue that is left behind came off with bug & tar remover quite easily.

The stickers on the gas tank are turning out to be a lot harder to remove. I've gotten the sticker off, but not the junk left behind (it's like glue).

Anybody know of something to take that off really easily?

Thanks.

AshliRider44
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Goof Off :up: Works like a charm

Vance
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Would you believe WD40 takes sticker goo off like a charm?
It worked on the Aprilia.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I would use a blow dryer or heat gun to get it warm and it should peel off nicer. Rubbing alcohol also works great.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Vegetable oil works too, but ya gotta let it soak a little while.

3/4gixxer
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 12:26 PM
After a little "incident" I had to pull all mine off for paint. Hair dryer ended up working the best for me.

Mel
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Won't goof off remove paint as well (that is what it is designed to do)? I have a spare set of fairings, I got MOST of the sitckering off by letting them sit in the 100+ degreee heat in the sun then peeling...I kept buring my fingers when I was using hair dryer and heat gun, and those didn't heat as evenly and the stickers kept breaking instead of peeling off in one peice.
However, some of the stickers have a lil rash on them, so I can't get them to peel. Any suggestions on that?

AshliRider44
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Umm no. I used it to get the stickers off my SV and no paint came off I'm sure if you let it sit like youre not supposed to it would eventually take the paint off :idea: but no it didnt do that to me...

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Would you believe WD40 takes sticker goo off like a charm?
It worked on the Aprilia.

I tried WD, but no luck on that. I wonder if it's a different sticker they use for metal instead of plastic.

Maybe I'll try the heat method, and burn out my girlfriends hairdryer. :lol:

Scribbler
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Some people recommended against it...but I pulled the extra glue off with nail polish remover. The acetone in it works really well.

JT_42
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 04:25 PM
Hair dryer does work pretty good. To get the sticker(vinyl off).

The best Chemical to us to get the go off is Bestine.
Bestine will not wreck your finish like others will.
It is really harmfull to your body, but wear gloves.
A roll of paper towel and a bottle of Bestine will take all of the stickers off of a stock body. You can pick it up at a craft store.

WD works a little, you have to scrub a lot.
Hair dryers don't usually get as hot as a heat gun.....Heat guns would be better.
If you use alcohol, make sure you don't let it get on your windscreen. Alcohol will craz certain aftermarket windscreens....That includes aftermarket turn signals. Just to let you know. It is because the type of plastic used.

Best of luck to ya
James

bombing
Sat Aug 13th, 2005, 06:33 PM
i always use nale polish remover to get off that glue stuff from price tags and stuff, might be worth a try?