PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at McGraw-Hill?

Ghost
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Anyone happen to work there, and have any opinion?

I've found and applied to several jobs, but only know what I've read about them online.

TYIA

rforsythe
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 03:57 PM
jbnwc works there. He seems to speak highly of it.

50sGrl
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Maybe take a look on glassdoor.com

Clovis
Tue Jul 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Pretty good company from what I've seen. I know Jason loves it.

jbnwc
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I really like it. From what I know of other corporations, this is generally a lot better place to work. Benefits are great and hard working employees are valued. Individual jobs/bosses/offices/divisions will vary, of course, but overall it's quite a nice culture to be part of. PM me if you have specific questions.

dirkterrell
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Susan worked for them when they owned Channel 7 and was pretty happy. She left when Scripps bought the place.

Ghost
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I really like it. From what I know of other corporations, this is generally a lot better place to work. Benefits are great and hard working employees are valued. Individual jobs/bosses/offices/divisions will vary, of course, but overall it's quite a nice culture to be part of. PM me if you have specific questions.

Excellent, thanks man. And thanks to all who replied.

I realize it's a very open question, but a general "feel" for a corporation is something you can't always get just from reading their website or various reviews on LinkedIn, etc.

sprtbkbabe
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Maybe take a look on glassdoor.com

:imwithstupid: I have found alot of info on companies, good and bad, through Ann's suggestion here

Ghost
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 04:26 PM
:imwithstupid: I have found alot of info on companies, good and bad, through Ann's suggestion here

I'll check it out, thanks guys