PDA

View Full Version : Fay Myers

Zanos
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 03:32 PM
I took my bike to fay myers for a 4k mile sevice because i just bought the bike and it is nice to know that everything had been checked.

I took it in before 9... right as they open the doors. Cool engine, did not even ride it in to make it easy for them. Yet they did not even start on it till like 1pm. So then i go at 2 because thats when i could get a ride. They said it would be done about 2:15 and i sat around untill 3. They did not bring out my bike and i was waiting forever. Nun the less, i had to work at 4 and i had somewhat of a ride home to change. As i stated when i dropped it off.

Sorry about my flaming but i have had good experiences there so far and today just pisses me off with them and then John Elway Jeep keeping my jeep for 24hours and charging me 425. So that i dont get untill tomorrow.

Has anyone had bad experiences at Fay? Should i go back? Is there a better place close/in that area. Im on 285 and broadway, fyi.

Thanks for reading and any imput would be apprectiate. Off to work.

Anonymous
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 03:38 PM
TK! 8th/I-25.

Polar X
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Talk to JD, he is the service manager. tell him Chris from the CO vtx riders gave you his name. He has been VERY helpful in taking care of mistakes and what not in the service dept.

I'm with Ralph, TK is a better place.

Scribbler
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 03:59 PM
While Fay Myers I feel does decent work, the problem is that at this time of year, they are obscenely overworked in their service dept.

Quite frankly, considering the reputation of other dealerships, consider yourself lucky they even took your bike in for same day service... let alone even Looking at it the same day you brought it in. Most other shops will tell you to leave it today or make an appointment so they can get a look at it 3-4 days later.

Gramps
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
i have always had good service there :dunno:

Bill-RST1000
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Took my Aprilia in for a tune 2 years ago - had to take it back twice for them to make it right twice.

Took my Aprilia in for a tun 1 year ago - the first time I got it back my bike kept dying at every light I stopped at. I took it back, was promised I would hear back from them within the same day, I had to call them, I went to pick up the bike and it was backfiring and wouldn't stay going. Leaving it there, 2 days later I had to call them back about what's happening with my bike. I got in touch with J.D., he said he wanted to keep the bike for another day and he would be in touch. Once again I had to call them back to find out about my bike. I finally had to elevate the matter above J.D. which finally got my bike running again.

They charged an outrageous fee to mount my back tire - $70 and I provided the tire.

They say they are authorized service providers for Aprilia but I will never do business with them again.... maybe they are good with Harleys... I had Twin Peaks do both my tires and sprockets this year and they did an outstanding job. I'm in Franktown and felt it well worth the drive to go anyelse the FM

MUSHMEAT
Fri Aug 5th, 2005, 09:36 PM
all dealer service depts are BUSHLEAGUE......ALL

Zanos
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 12:16 AM
I did have a appointment by the way. I forgot to add that. But i did have one.

I will just have to go to TK. I have yet to hear anything bad about them. Maybe there i will not stand around because they dont feel like riding my bike out to me yet.

smobag
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Ive only visited fay myers, buddy baught a nice dirt bike from there, good employees. good atmosphere i think :roll:

Zanos
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 06:59 AM
The employees have always treated me awesome, exp when i was buying a helmet...they seem to be nice when you buy expensive stuff. :)

The atmosphere does seem good. And everyone is really cool there.

It was just the fact how long it took, not pulling out my bike, appointment was not met. I mean i understand ppl get busy. Thats why i was asking if i should not be so critical and go back or if others are treated this way.

:roll:

Duc'nnit
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I really do enjoy Fay's, I believe they have come a long way from a few years past. We just bought the Boulevard which is my second bike purchase from Fay.
Another bike shop wouldnt budge on the trade in price or bottom line price of the Boulevard we wanted, but Joe Jarvie managed to cut our cost by over $1000.00 on the deal. It is amazing how they all talk between dealerships, Joe knew we were looking else where.
Plus, any time I have bought parts, I have asked for a discount and pretty much always get 10% off......<you dont know until you ask>
At the 500 mile oil change, I dropped it off late in the afternoon and picked it up before noon the next day. I was surprised to see it washed and cleaned.
My .02 worth....... :D 8)

Duc'nnit
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 07:16 AM
TK! 8th/I-25.

:no: Been there once, they had trouble changing my tires.

v413nc3
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Haven't really had any service work done there, but the sales experience was awesome. They weren't pushy at all. They weren't dicks. They didn't fuck with pricing, and best of all it took me a week and a half to sort out who I wanted to insure the new bike through and they HELD the bike for me the whole time without a single peep.

Scribbler
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Making an appointment to any shop does not mean your bike will be looked at and finished within the hour.

It's the same with the automotive industry... All an appointment guarantees you is that the bike will be looked at and started on that day, and barring any unforseen results/problems, it should be finished that same day as well.

During peak riding season, I have yet to see any shop say "Bring it in at 10am and we'll have it done by Noon guaranteed." I've always been told to bring it in on a particular day, and plan to leave it.... cuz the wait might be a long one.

aeroeone
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I would like to chime in and add this. We do waiting appointments ALL the time, as long as it is specified at the time of the appointment that the customer will be waiting. All other appointment are same day, first come, first served (or worked on in this case). It's a shame that you did have to wait so long, especially with your other vehicle in the shop. In the future, if you do decide to return, make sure the service writer is aware that you are waiting. My employees always do the best job they can to get people helped as soon as they can, but unfortunately it doesn't always work for everyone. I do apologize for your inconvenience.

As to a responce to other things mentioned here, we are a certified repair facility for everything we sell. I myself have spent A LOT of time out of state becoming certified, and I don't even work on them anymore. We have had some instances in the past where we didn't have anyone for Aprilia and Ducati for awhile, because our tech had quit and you can't just get up and go to a school whenever you want.

As far as a $70 charge for a rear tire, I'd like to see that bill. All rear tires, on sportbikes, are $48. There is a tire disposal fee, just like everywhere else.

And I'd like to know who's wrenching at Twin Peak's, I know Wahoo man owns it, but my personal friend who runs Aprilia NA says they've never been to a school. Not saying they're not capable, but he's never even talked to anyone from there.

I hope that can clear a few things up, we're always here to help, and just like everybody else, we make mistakes from time to time....

Zanos
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Regards to Aeroeone (and a few other ideas)

I will be back to Fay Myers. And i understand that in peak season they can not finish a bike real fast. Thats understandable. It is the fact i made the appointment on wed, went in on fri at 9 am. Kept the engine cool, told him that if it was done at 2 that would be awesome if possible because thats when my ride was. And i called before i went down at 2... and they said it will be done at 2:15 or so. And i sat around untill a little after 3 waiting for my bike. Larz said it was done. Took forever to pull a bike out, then it was a Ducati. Took forever again to get mine.

I understand people get tied up when trying to do service for customers. And i really should not be all that mad because i should stop whining and do it myself if its so big of a deal. But i dont have the time for that.

I do apprectiate Fay Myer's product knowledge and it does show that they care about customers. From looking at bike, to looking at Leathers. Or the chit chat in between that helps the two of us.

It just sucked when i got told that it would be done before 2 for a pickup and then 2:15 (Not a big deal about running over) its the fact that they did not meet any of those promises,

I have never been to TK or many other places with my bike. So i can not speak about them, but my experiences other than this at Fay's has been great.

Wahooman
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 10:03 PM
all dealer service depts are BUSHLEAGUE......ALL
:roll:

Dysco
Sat Aug 6th, 2005, 10:52 PM
TK! 8th/I-25.

Your bike:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/images/ProductImages/logo/500/C90K6.jpg

Did they have trouble changing your tires or did they have trouble figuring out how to get the wheels off without scratching your bike?

Duc'nnit
Sun Aug 7th, 2005, 08:10 AM
TK! 8th/I-25.

Your bike:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/images/ProductImages/logo/500/C90K6.jpg

Did they have trouble changing your tires or did they have trouble figuring out how to get the wheels off without scratching your bike?

It was the VFR, lack of a proper tool and situation resulted in very minor damage...........no freakout scene happened. They are great peeps to talk with, but it is all about the having the right hardware and knowledge to maintain multiple brand & model bikes. A certified shop for a specific brand is the only way to go for ROUTINE maintenance, if something minor happens they have the parts on hand to fix it right.
Let me make sure I am very specific on this...TK is a great shop with very knowledgable peeps. If I were to modify or heavily change my bike, they would be tops on the list.
I am just stating that it is hard for private shops to be mechanically or knowledge prepared for ALL bikes. For an oil change on the VFR, the shop I used previous to them was a disaster resulting in the wrong oil, wong bodywork pulled, and broken clips...........I wont go there on the board.

Bill-RST1000
Sun Aug 7th, 2005, 11:17 AM
As to a responce to other things mentioned here, we are a certified repair facility for everything we sell. We have had some instances in the past where we didn't have anyone for Aprilia and Ducati for awhile, because our tech had quit and you can't just get up and go to a school whenever you want.

Your first sentence says one thing and the second says another. If there isn't a current certified tech on staff you should let the person know. My expectation when I bring my bike for a tuneup is that it will run better, not worse (especially when it costs @$350), and it happened two years in a row.

As far as a $70 charge for a rear tire, I'd like to see that bill. All rear tires, on sportbikes, are $48. There is a tire disposal fee, just like everywhere else.

No problem, PM me and I fill you in on everytime I had my bike in your shop. By the way, Twin Peaks charged me $60 total to mount and dispose both tires.

I've also noticed that the other posts only talk about the sales dept, which might be outstanding, and mine is the only post who had direct dealings with the service dept (besides an oil change).

To Zanos, this is standard, I waited many times for mine... and I don't think you are whining for expecting what was promised...

And i called before i went down at 2... and they said it will be done at 2:15 or so. And i sat around untill a little after 3 waiting for my bike. Larz said it was done. Took forever to pull a bike out, then it was a Ducati. Took forever again to get mine.

Pork Chop
Sun Aug 7th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Ive had good and bad with Fay, and beleive me Id rather not have to take my Aprilia all the way to Denver to get warranty work done.My bike has been up there now since 2 days after I got back from Laguna.I got 2 different stories on why my swingarm was not on the way, until I made a personal phone call to a friend who works for Aprilia and now its scheduled to be done this week.I still aint to happy because all the parts had been in the states all this time as well.

troythetroll
Sun Aug 7th, 2005, 12:27 PM

BBWWAAHHAAAA!!

Oh....so you mean $48 is a GOOD price? Well compared to $70 I suppose.....I pay $50 for both ends, unannounced, no appointments, $25 if I want to bring only the tires in. And the disposal fee is included in there.

And the last person I know of who took their wheels in to be changed by fay? Pinched the rim..on top of the BEAUTFIUL scratch by whatever pinched the wheel bad enough to bend it.

smobag
Thu Sep 8th, 2005, 10:49 AM
When i go to look at some bikes at fay, i always find all the employees never do anything to help you out with questions unless you stand there and ask for 10 minutes. They are always just sitting around and chatting. Some of those guys shouldnt be working if all they are gonna do is talk and not get shit done. I visit GPM they rock. Complete opposite of fay.

CBRChick
Thu Sep 8th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I guess I will chime in ... just for the hell of it... and I have a slight lull at work :D

I go to Fay Myers, now, for just purchasing oil and oil filters... just because it is close to my house and on my way home from work. I have had only a few enounters with the sales department, and none of them favorable... maybe it's because I'm a chick and I "don't have any reason to be in a motorcycle store." The first few times when I was looking at bikes, I looked around for about 20 minutes.. no one approached me, so I left. The next time, took only 10 minutes to be approached... and I felt as though I were being talked down to.. although I probably knew more than the salesman. I don't think I will ever actually purchase a bike from Fay because of the inconsideration and disrespect I've received from the sales staff. Did I ever complain or talk to a manager about it? No... not really worth my time.

The parts department, on the other hand, has been very knowledgable and I haven't had a bad experience yet. There is a particular girl there, for the life of me I can't remember her name, who has been there for years and is pleasant to deal with and knows her stuff!

Not overly impressed with the service department. I had them look over my bike... just a regular "check-up" to make sure everything was okay before I rode out to Vegas. They gave me a full diagnostic check list, which I appreciated, and the cost wasn't overwhelming. Just out of curiousity, I inquired what an oil change would cost... and I was told $90!!! :shock: Wow... I think I'll spend my $30 and the half hour it takes to do it myself... and save $60.

All in all... Parts Department: A+ .... Service Department: B- ... Sales Department: D. :D

Well... that may be more than my $.02... so... I guess there's my $.04 :)

AshliRider44
Thu Sep 8th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Take your bike to TK they take care of you there and customer service is priority. I know for a fact. My boyfriend and I both use them and I work for Brian and Tonya at their other business. They rock :yes:

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 8th, 2005, 11:55 AM
My dealing with Fay Meyers have only left me with the impression of any other corporate auto-dealer. Pretty much just an indiference to you as a customer. They don't want to know your name or care, they just want to process you.

Just the feelings I've walked away from there with.

Marauder
Fri Sep 16th, 2005, 12:30 PM
I will be picking my '03 954 from Fay Myers today after work. Took it in for the recommended 8K mile service. Service guy told me my brake fluid is dirty and should be flushed. With everything added up, it cost me $347. Originally, I just wanted an oil and filter change and just to check a few things. I bought it with 1287 and it has 6970, now. I'm starting to worry about price for the 12K service.

troythetroll
Fri Sep 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Oil and filter change? $25 Brake fluid flush and replace? Call it $50, tops, done by a beginner incompetent without tools and needing to ask how...three times. Apparently to check a few other things? $275. Sounds bad right outta the box.

12K service? Take it to TFOG and only get done what you really need instead of getting hosed down for the pleasure of going to a dealer.

Bueller
Fri Sep 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM
They gotta pay for that state of the art service facility and all those top notch technicians :roll: Thanks for your contribution, doesn't matter what you want or need you will get what they tell you and like it! :bs:

Marauder
Fri Sep 16th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. $347.20 and they didn't replace the plugs because they "looked fine". OK, going somewhere else or I might go to school to learn how to fix it myself. Last time I spent that much on a bike I had it tuned and had the front fork seals replaced.

livinlife2themax
Sun Jun 18th, 2006, 01:10 PM
F***** Fay myers!!! I have gone there on a few occasions with friends to help them decide on a bike. Every time we went we had to go and get a sales person after waiting for an hour, they were all jsut standin around in a circle f*** around. I went there this weekend to buy a new cbr 1000rr........the guy talked to me like a i was a freakin little kid who did not know anything. Then when it came to tradin in my 929, he tried to screw me....at first he said 4K then i got him up to $4,500 i told him the least he could do was $4,700 or i was leaving, becasue i know that 4 weeks prior they had sold one for $1,000 over blue book.....just becasue they could. i told him i was not gonna let him make almost $2800 off of me and that he was gonna give me more.... So he would not budge one bit! So i left and went to aurora honda.....got the same kick ass deal on my bike...... and they gave me $4900 for it. Yeah yeah i know i could have sold it for more but after the tax break of tradin a bike in versus paying tax on the whole amount it came out to about the same.... SO my point is if you are gonna buy accesories there... then maybe ok.....but as far as bikes go.....they think that they are better than everyone else!

SXSMITH
Sun Jun 18th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Bought a jacket and gloves there. Got some good advice and help making a selection. On the 2nd visit they were rather busy and couldn't tell me if a pit-bull stand I was shopping for would fit my bike for sure. And they seemed disinterested.

Now a days, it's difficult to get anyone to care about a customer.

Except BMW of Denver. They just about bl*w you when you walk in the door.