PDA

View Full Version : Tech Guys

t_jolt
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Hey guys, i just received my Xendesktop5 training in the mail from train signal. They are currently the only company out there doing xendesktop training outside the 2k citrix class.

Would anyone else like a copy of the disc's for some good laps, and training to pass the CCA citrix exam? (a donation would be awesome for the material)

Thanks
Tyrel

TurboGizzmo
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Have fun! I deal with this stuff on a daily basis. The mix of GPO in AD and in Citrix can be nightmare sometimes when the Citrix guys dont let the AD know whats going on.....My document redirection in XenApps vs XenDesktop vs AD....ugh.....job security i guess.

Those trainings are pretty good, the guy is super excited about Citrix.

t_jolt
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
dont forget to add in netscalers and vmware into the mix :( Oh and then the back storage. oh dont worry were only over-provisioned by 150%. we wont worry until we hit %200.....

TurboGizzmo
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM
dont forget to add in netscalers and vmware into the mix :( Oh and then the back storage. oh dont worry were only over-provisioned by 150%. we wont worry until we hit %200.....

We were sold on http://www.atlantiscomputing.com/ .....sat in on the webex and it looked impressive but i didnt handle the setup, deploy and monitoring so it might have been just smoke and mirrors....

Vmware i can handle....old SAN and NAS technology that cant keep up is killing me....I have repaired 4 global servers that have just stopped working due to running out of space....the joys of going from a $8,000,000 company to a $200,000,000....lots to keep up with.

t_jolt
Wed Jul 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
yeah, i hear that. and now it seems the latest push is vmware on file level storage. Not even a block level file system. I understand how both work extremely well. but its strange seeing how the latest white paper, or some manager who knows someone who knows someone etc... is really pushing where they want their infrastructure to look like when its time to upgrade. i know the benefits to both, but they both have their own downfalls. Where you working at these days?