PDA

View Full Version : (FOUND) Stolen 2012 KTM RC8R Black/Orange

TransNone13
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Posting this for a friend off Centennial in the Springs. The bike is maybe a month old at best. Still had temp tags, poor guy... filing police report now.

Was stolen last night from:

Camelback Pointe Apartments
3630 Rialto Hts
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
(719) 534-0054

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NVphEUuJMPk/T_64RtEWx-I/AAAAAAAACuk/QzeJs11IlTo/s800/IMG_1702.jpg

tecknojoe
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 07:06 AM
dude, I swear it wasn't me :lol:

On a more serious note, mother fuck that sucks

sprtbkbabe
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 07:55 AM
What is going on in the Springs with these bike theft rings? Dayum!

TransNone13
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I was letting him keep it in my garage and he elected not to for TWO DAYS and it's gone.

spideyrdr
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM
That is some major suckage right there. Sorry to hear about your friend's bike - way too damn many bikes getting stolen this year. I'll keep my eyes out.

TransNone13
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks guys it's pretty rare. That and the only other RC's here are two other white ones that I've seen. It's also his first bike, so this is going to leave him bitter I'm sure.

dirkterrell
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
What is going on in the Springs with these bike theft rings? Dayum!

As long as they don't speed when getting away with it, they probably don't have much to worry about.

Jmetz
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Leaving that bike outside for a couple days is asking for it. Sucks but that's the way it is. Hope your buddy gets it back in one piece.

TransNone13
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Leaving that bike outside for a couple days is asking for it. Sucks but that's the way it is. Hope your buddy gets it back in one piece.

I know, I warned him :(. The bike has an immobilizer. Can you hot wire one of those? They certainly didn't have a key, me thinks they put it in a van. I'm wondering, because my bike has one too.

vort3xr6
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
That bike will go down to Mexico for sure. Nobody is dumb enough to part that thing out or make it a track bike.

Might be for the good since it was his first bike? Monster of a bike for a beginner.

tecknojoe
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM
That bike will go down to Mexico for sure. Nobody is dumb enough to part that thing out or make it a track bike.

This. There was a really custom tripple that got stolen last week. As soon as that went, I realized these guys are shipping them off. That's really bad news because it means that guys with rare bikes have to worry now too, anything is game.

I'll say it again, this is the worst string of bike thefts I've ever seen. It must be a MAJOR operation

TransNone13
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 08:57 AM

Might be for the good since it was his first bike? Monster of a bike for a beginner.

That's what I think. /off topic And he's a good rider and over 200lbs, first STREET bike. It's about self-control and "the twist of the wrist". lol Tired of hearing that, I regret buying a 600 for my first bike.

~Barn~
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Ouch. Tell your buddy to chalk it up to experience and hopefully he's able to replace it quickly and without too much hassle.

Ghosty
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Damn, sorry to hear about another theft! Hope he had comprehensive and gap insurance. Effing thieves need to be strung up and beaten!

madvlad
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Gonna post this up on facebook and hopefully catch these fucks

ChrisCBX
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM
As long as they don't speed when getting away with it, they probably don't have much to worry about.

LOL at this.

spideyrdr
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
There are way too many scumbags criminals in the Springs. According to a news report, 37 evacuated homes and 28 abandoned vehicles were burglarized during the recent fires. What the hell is wrong with people?

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/277148/346/37-evacuated-homes-burglarized-during-Springs-fire

Ghosty
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:56 AM
And people think it's overboard to "SHOOT LOOTERS ON SIGHT"? I don't, especially in disaster recovery mode.

Slo
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:23 AM
damn that is bad. Hopefully he can get it replaced without coming out of pocket too much.

kawasakirob
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Since I've never seen one actually riding around anywhere, if I do, I will automatically assume its your buddy's and turn left in front of it.

Ghost
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 04:18 PM
And people think it's overboard to "SHOOT LOOTERS ON SIGHT"? I don't, especially in disaster recovery mode.

Frank, is that you?

You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right?

Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...

Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Frank, is that you?

You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right?

Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...

With a 60 inch LCD tv in their hands...

TransNone13
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Good news, the immobilizer did its job and they were not able to hot wire it. Idiots were only able to break the steering lock and dropped it on its side gently apparently. An older couple called it in today, was sitting outside their house for two days.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-81Xftjxhanc/UAHm7ArHnoI/AAAAAAAACvA/PvJB_FNKeMg/s800/20120714_140124.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-15EOXGeF2BA/UAHnfQEBrlI/AAAAAAAACvU/hmgzZS8fCRs/s800/20120714_140134.jpg

Ghosty
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
AWESOME! Glad to see it came back relatively unscathed, sans the ignition replacement. I might have to look into a nice alarm/immobilizer, just as extra defense. There is hope after all. Luckily most thieves are probably stupid enough to get caught. It's the smart ones that suck most.

Frank, is that you? You do realize that knee-jerk reactions like that are a recipe for idiocy and tragedy, right? Maybe someone was just looking for a lost pet or bag of Skittles...
Yes yes, of course. Having been online and active on several forums for 2+ decades, I pretty much have gotten comfortable (too comfortable?) enough, to say a lot of stuff assuming people will realize that I err on the side of common sense first and foremost. NOT actually believing that every alleged looter that might be possibly innocent, be shot on sight immediately, rather than actual "questioning and investigation", then arrest, etc.

Now, see how much I had to explain, rather than just assume people don't think I want cops to go on a shooting rampage willy-nilly? :D In your defense though, yes the general public can really be that stupid, ugh.

Wrider
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 03:54 PM
What neighborhood was it found in out of curiosity?

~Barn~
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Crazy that this thing was found. I guess congrats are in order. But yeah... What kind of thieves do you guys have down there exactly? :think:

TransNone13
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Brain dead ones, literally...

spideyrdr
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 04:09 PM
KTM = Kan't Take Me!

Ghosty
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Unless the bike is now stored indoors, I'd suggest removing all maps, addresses, and other clues about where the owner lives. ;) Just another paranoid safety, never know all the unknown yokels that troll these (public) boards.

Jmetz
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I already have a trailer in the area.

TransNone13
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Well, I posted his address already... And the bike has already been turned in for damage assessment. Needless to say he's no longer going to cheap out on a garage.

madvlad
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 05:14 PM
These thieves are just the best at idiocy lol... what kind of hack ass job is that? Lol

ThorsTwin
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I saw your bike at the shop today. Didn't look too bad. I'm glad you got it back. Punk asses need to die.

AOK303
Sat Jul 14th, 2012, 10:09 PM
hey i was told paper clip and hammer and it would start

JM glad you he got it back KNock on wood nothing ever happens to mine
oi this year seem alot have gone missing

#1Townie
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Crazy that this thing was found. I guess congrats are in order. But yeah... What kind of thieves do you guys have down there exactly? :think:

Mostly really fucking retarded 719 tatted bitches.

Ghosty
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Mostly really fucking retarded 719 tatted bitches.
Springs ghetto, N. Nevada Ave., lol. Remember to bring your machete...

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Man_Allegedly_Threatens_To_Kill_Ex_With_Machete_15 6725315.html