PDA

View Full Version : New UFC TUF Coaches Announced!!!

bulldog
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson!!!!

Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight contenders Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin will serve as coaches on the 16th season of "The Ultimate Fighter," and they'll meet in a season-ending fight in the show's live finale....

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/roy-nelson-17.jpg

http://prommanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Shane-Carwin.jpg

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29653/usa-today-roy-nelson-shane-carwin-to-be-the-ultimate-fighter-16-coaches.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mmajunkie+%28MMAjunkie.com+Fe ed%29

bulldog
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Dang everyone bitches they don't care about Tom Cruise or Katie, yet they get all the posts. Put up a manly post with some of the toughest guys on this planet and nobody here cares. Come on men are suppose to fight and look at blood :D

So weird considering in other countries like Brazil MMA is one of the #1 sports and plays on regual television.

Slo
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I like both fighters for different reasons as most do. But I gotta say that Carwin IMO will walk away with a relatively easy win.

#1Townie
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Maybe its because we are tired of all the ufc drama?? I had to stop watching tuff after watching these idiots get all drunk and fight each other in the backyard or destroy the amazing house they are living in. Boohoo you are away from your familys for six weeks.

Blaaah.

Im sorry i just hate what ufc has turned into.

bulldog
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I like both fighters for different reasons as most do. But I gotta say that Carwin IMO will walk away with a relatively easy win. I am afraid if he will ever fight again. Poor guy has had three back surgeries so afraid this is just a sham that he will fight again. The good part is he is from Denver so he will be bringing in Amal from here and Brendan Schaub. Should at least be good for the MMA school down here.

Slo
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Maybe its because we are tired of all the ufc drama?? I had to stop watching tuff after watching these idiots get all drunk and fight each other in the backyard or destroy the amazing house they are living in. Boohoo you are away from your familys for six weeks.

Blaaah.

Im sorry i just hate what ufc has turned into.

Besides some of the training and the actual fights, I feel the same about all the BS childish drama. I usually change channels to watch other sh*t and then go back to view the fight/s.

It's pretty ironic how the UFC is always about "trying" to promote it as a professional sport and a show like this really takes it down a notch in a bad way from a couple of idiots each season.

bulldog
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Besides some of the training and the actual fights, I feel the same about all the BS childish drama. I usually change channels to watch other sh*t and then go back to view the fight/s.

It's pretty ironic how the UFC is always about "trying" to promote it as a professional sport and a show like this really takes it down a notch in a bad way from a couple of idiots each season. Well we can't let a few bad apples ruin it for the good people though. There are many fighters who take it serious and made a career out of this! Nearly all the champs are respectable guys.

As a fan since day 1 of UFC it is sad to hear this stuff from people, but I see your point :( From the first years it has come out Dayna White and the Ferititta brothers have really tried hard to make this into a real sport that is repected when they took it over from when there were no rules or weight classes. I think they have done a great job. Recently MMA is even trying to get into the Olympics

#1Townie
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I agree there are great guys in mma. Never said there wasjt. The level of respect that comes with gyms and camps is something like i have never seen in any other sport. Its why i cant stand that show.

If i was ever given the chance of a lifetime at a damn near impossible dream no way would i risk screwing it up just to have fun one night.

Slo
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Well we can't let a few bad apples ruin it for the good people though. There are many fighters who take it serious and made a career out of this! Nearly all the champs are respectable guys.

As a fan since day 1 of UFC it is sad to hear this stuff from people, but I see your point :( From the first years it has come out Dayna White and the Ferititta brothers have really tried hard to make this into a real sport that is repected when they took it over from when there were no rules or weight classes. I think they have done a great job. Recently MMA is even trying to get into the Olympics

Yeah I have been following not just MMA but martial arts in general from long ago when there were kyokushin all japan and world tournements.

But yeah your right, many good fighters and class acts come out, but with a couple of idiots, its not worth watching their idiotic moments. Of course I do watch the fights and such.

bulldog
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I am afraid if he will ever fight again. Poor guy has had three back surgeries so afraid this is just a sham that he will fight again. The good part is he is from Denver so he will be bringing in Amal from here and Brendan Schaub. Should at least be good for the MMA school down here. Damn did I call this or what!!!!!

Today: heres danas tweet "WOW!! It never ends Carwin blew his knee out. Looking for a new opponent for Roy on the TUF Finale on FX. "

Captain Obvious
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Man, that sucks. Was hoping to see Carwin pound tubby for a couple rounds

PsychoMike
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Noooo!

~Barn~
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Did somebody say... Daniel Cormier...?

PsychoMike
Wed Nov 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Wont happen. Ufc wouldn't waste that name with Nelfson

bulldog
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Man, that sucks. Was hoping to see Carwin pound tubby for a couple rounds I know me too
:banghead: So dissapointed :(

I have a feeling that Carwin will never fight again; although I hope I am wrong.....

Wont happen. Ufc wouldn't waste that name with Nelfson
Agree!!! No way will they waste that "big ticket" fighter to Nelson. Plus Cormier is already scheduled to fight on the final Strikeforce card in January so I highly doubt they would pull that since they are trying to make the last event good.

I know Bigfoot was just scheduled to fight Overeem, and of course Cain to fight JDS, so my bet is Cormier will end up fighting one of these winners when Strikforce merges. Although it is UFC so who knows what events will happen between then.

Captain Obvious
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM
In addition to the injury perhaps being Carwin's last step in his career (hope not, but he aint no spring chicken) I really begin to like Carwin. He just seemed to have the right demeanor and be a generally nice guy.

I was neutral on Nelson til this season, he just seems to have an indifference to the guys on his team.

~Barn~
Thu Nov 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
So it looks like Big Country pulled "Meathead" for his replacement fight.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Matt-Mitrione-Steps-In-for-Injured-Shane-Carwin-Against-Roy-Nelson-at-TUF-16-Finale-47441

bulldog
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 07:53 AM
So it looks like Big Country pulled "Meathead" for his replacement fight.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Matt-Mitrione-Steps-In-for-Injured-Shane-Carwin-Against-Roy-Nelson-at-TUF-16-Finale-47441 Hmmm...as much as I like Mitrione , I think he has his work cut out for him to beat Roy (especially on 4 weeks notice). Would so much have rather seen Shane fight him

~Barn~
Fri Nov 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I would have rather seen him fight Cormier as a title eliminator. Oh well... If Meathead gets past him, that's a huge jump in his stock... He'll need a couple more wins though first, before he can knock on that door.

However, I think if Roy wins (especially by finish), my guess is that he'll fight the winner of Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva and Alistair Overeem, for the next crack at the champion. Whether that's still JDS or Cain, we'll know pretty soon! That said, even with a big win by Big County, Werdum might have something to say about things.

The fold of Strikeforce has definitely deepened the pool at HW.