View Full Version : Marquez to Factory Repsol Team

rybo
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Alongside Dani -

I'm just sayin' - I called this one.

S

AOK303
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
all they did was move him up from moto2 to moto right... same contract still honda repsol

kawasakirob
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Alongside Dani -

I'm just sayin' - I called this one.

S

:lol: you also called the rookie rule! I'm striking out left and right...but may get Rossi staying at Ducati

tecknojoe
Thu Jul 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM
all they did was move him up from moto2 to moto right... same contract still honda repsol

Bigger deal because they got rid of the rookie rule. Ben is pissed but he should be focused more on keeping his factory ride and not losing it to Cal

I knew Rybo knew a lot of shit about bikes, but I didn't know he could actually tell the future! :lol:

Sean
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Everybody gets lucky once in awhile. Even Rybo.

madvlad
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 08:46 AM
The kid has been doing great im moto2, kind of saw it coming. Good luck to him

rybo
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Everybody gets lucky once in awhile. Even Rybo.

yup - totally missed on Rossi and Ducati. Thought for sure he would buy a satellite team and bikes for his own effort in 2013.

Sean
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 09:23 AM
yup - totally missed on Rossi and Ducati. Thought for sure he would buy a satellite team and bikes for his own effort in 2013.
Don't feel bad. It's looking more and more like my Edwards/MotoGP champ prediction may not pan out. :down:

jrthomas6
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Rybo, what team do you see ME riding for next year?

jrthomas6
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Has it been announced? No huge surprise, Repsol has ALWAYS been about promoting the Spanish riders.

rybo
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 09:50 PM

I'm calling Jeff Thomas to the Chicane Instruction Team in 2013 - High Plains Raceway, May 2013.

Jeff - I don't have a lot to offer by way of sponsorship, but you're welcome to pit with me and use what little knowledge I have to your benefit.

Scott

rybo
Fri Jul 13th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Has it been announced? No huge surprise, Repsol has ALWAYS been about promoting the Spanish riders.

Yeah, they announced it yesterday.

It's a bit of an interesting move because in the past they've said that they didn't want only spanish riders on their team. Remember this is a marketing game as much as it is a racing series. Having riders of multiple nationalities give a broader marketing opportunity to the companies trying to promote their product.