PDA

View Full Version : 07 GSX-R1000 Stolen

Wrider
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I'm sure he'll chime in here, but I wanted to get the word out ASAP.
Milkman had his 07 GSX-R1000 stolen last night. (Keyed access parking garage)
Stock yellow/white/grey/black paint job. Slash cut exhaust. Up in Denver somewhere.
Keep an eye out would you?

Ghost
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Jesus, another bike gone?

Sad news, will definitely keep an eye out.

Ghosty
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 12:58 PM
WTF?!!! Does the garage have cameras? Inside job, or someone snuck or con'd their way in.

madvlad
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Seriously dude? Wtf!.... I'll keep an eye out on my area for all these stolen bikes. Mick's Gixxer is very easy to spot

dirkterrell
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I get the feeling a major bike theft organization has arrived in Colorado...

Ghost
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I get the feeling a major bike theft organization has arrived in Colorado...

Definitely seems that way.

And not only are our bikes at risk, but all of our insurance will go up to cover the increased theft rate...Joy.

tecknojoe
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
WTF?!!! Does the garage have cameras? Inside job, or someone snuck or con'd their way in.

If it's like every other gated community, people can just wait for someone to drive in and follow them. They really don't offer any security, just annoyance

Ghost
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:19 PM
If it's like every other gated community, people can just wait for someone to drive in and follow them. They really don't offer any security, just annoyance

And if it's like my old place, half the time the gates don't work any and just sit open...except in the winter, then they're frozen/jammed shut...

Ghosty
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:26 PM
<Copied from Ryan/Mick's theft thread on CRN>

With the current PLAGUE of bike thefts in Denver & Springs, it's becoming apparent that NO ONE IS SAFE, even in a key-access garage. Be dilligent! As y'all know, if a thief WANTS your bike, he can take it. It's just a matter of how many safeguards you have in place vs. how hard they wanna work.

MAKE YOUR CAR/BIKE AS UNATTRACTIVE AS A POTENTIAL PRIZE, AS YOU CAN!

In other words: garage (private if possible), wheel lock(s), alarm, immobilizer, LoJack or other hidden GPS tracking, etc. Yes there are many ways around this (3 guys with a van/truck), but at least you made it difficult and unattractive, compared to just any other bike out there.

Let's hope the DPD has noticed this plague, and assigned the appropriate resources. Since it's obviously a huge problem, this year especially more than ever.

Wrider
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Exactly. Some more details about it...

Jardine gp1 exhaust. Asv levers double bubble wind screen. Had a go pro mount on the top of the tank.

Ghost
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:30 PM
<Copied from Ryan/Mick's theft thread on CRN>

With the current PLAGUE of bike thefts in Denver & Springs, it's becoming apparent that NO ONE IS SAFE, even in a key-access garage. Be dilligent! As y'all know, if a thief WANTS your bike, he can take it. It's just a matter of how many safeguards you have in place vs. how hard they wanna work.

MAKE YOUR CAR/BIKE AS UNATTRACTIVE AS A POTENTIAL PRIZE, AS YOU CAN!

In other words: garage (private if possible), wheel lock(s), alarm, immobilizer, LoJack or other hidden GPS tracking, etc. Yes there are many ways around this (3 guys with a van/truck), but at least you made it difficult and unattractive, compared to just any other bike out there.

Let's hope the DPD has noticed this plague, and assigned the appropriate resources. Since it's obviously a huge problem, this year especially more than ever.

Maybe Aaron can weigh in on this, but my suspicion is that bike theft is an even lower priority than auto theft, and auto thefts usually don't really get investigated all that much.

They get written up then handed off to the insurance company and then, IF someone calls in about an abandoned car, or IF they happen across the car at a traffic stop, THEN they'll act on it, but they're not dedicating resources to it--at least that was what I was told by a GWV officer back in 2006 when the dealership had 3 STIs stolen out of the locked/gated back lot.

Cornfed
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Mother Truckers!!!!!
Im sorry to hear milkman.

MilkMan
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Yep. This is a shitty day for sure. Bike was stolen last night from our garage downtown. Your right as well on the fact that they could have easily just waited for someone to go in and followed them threw the gate. We live right across the street from Denver health and have a lot of their employees that live in our complex so there are people in and put all night. There are cameras everywhere so I am having the property manager look over the tapes tomorrow in hopes that they can find a plate number or something as I am almost certain they would have put it in a truck or van because the bars were in the locked position and there is no evidence of them breaking the key lock or anything like broken plastic or anything of the like. The bike is bright yellow and super loud and if you see it please call the cops ASAP. Plate number is 197-VDM as well. Thanks guys and gals. At least I got one good last day in with her... :(
-Mick-

jrthomas6
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I'll keep an eye out in the Highlands Ranch area. Sorry man.

veteran_80
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Damn that's terrible. Think I caught someone checking mine out yesterday in ft Collins. Harmony and 25. Came out the walgreens and he was standing next to it looking it over. Had a backpack on. When i approached him he just said it was nice and walked away. Just didn't feel right tho, but couldn't just throw out accusations at the guy...

Cornfed
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Damn that's terrible. Think I caught someone checking mine out yesterday in ft Collins. Harmony and 25. Came out the walgreens and he was standing next to it looking it over. Had a backpack on. When i approached him he just said it was nice and walked away. Just didn't feel right tho, but couldn't just throw out accusations at the guy...

Should have bitch slapped him with your helmet just out of principal. Sometimes ya gotta whoop a man's ass! :devious:

tstevens
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Good god so many bike being stolen. Hope they find it or you get it back in good shape like that KTM that someone posted just the other day. Such bullshit people feel the need to steal like this, ridiculous.

rforsythe
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Sucks, hope you find it! For those of us who have no idea wtf a slash cut exhaust is, can you please post a pic?

Hope your property manager can get lucky on the security cameras.

Chaos
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 03:54 PM
That sucks. I live downtown too, I'll keep an eye out.

MilkMan
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 04:13 PM
It's just the short Jardine JP1 exhaust that ends just after the riders right foot. I'll try to post a picture of it later tonight when I get home.
-Mick-

*Here is a recent full size picture of the bike that also shows the exhaust.
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/mderner87/gsxr1.jpg

bluedogok
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Maybe Aaron can weigh in on this, but my suspicion is that bike theft is an even lower priority than auto theft, and auto thefts usually don't really get investigated all that much.

They get written up then handed off to the insurance company and then, IF someone calls in about an abandoned car, or IF they happen across the car at a traffic stop, THEN they'll act on it, but they're not dedicating resources to it--at least that was what I was told by a GWV officer back in 2006 when the dealership had 3 STIs stolen out of the locked/gated back lot.
I think it just depends on the department, I know that in the past couple of months a ring was busted in Austin by APD and the Texas Rangers. They got them with bait bikes and buying stolen ones from the group, so they nailed them with a bunch of substantial evidence. There was another one busted about 8 years ago there as well, a guy had setup a Yahoo Group to get rides together, come to find out he was the theft ring leader shipping the bikes to a guy in Houston who was parting them out. If it happens enough, they will start doing more about it because there is the chance of it being a large operation...then RICO statutes may come into effect.

~Barn~
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Damn, this sucks. It's like a single day hasn't gone bye...

MilkMan
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 07:01 PM
To echo what Ghost said. I don't think that the cops could care less about this problem. The officer that came to file my report didn't really seem to give a damn, and was there for less than 5 minutes. I even told him that our building had security cameras everywhere and that whomever took it has to be on camera, and his response exactly was "well if the detective thinks that information might be important, he might come down to review the film". What a fucking joke. What exactly am I paying for to get this kind of service from the people we entrust to protect us? Fucking over the police in this town. This is the second time I have had a car or bike stolen and they could care less.
-Mick-

madvlad
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 07:54 PM
That's Denver PD for you, they're selfless fucks.... that's the type of fucks we waste our tax money on.

grim
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Dude WTF!!!!!! This is getting to be re god damn dickulouse!!!

I work in Denver in a pretty shitty area so I will keep my eyes and ears open i know the sound of your bike very well. Hope it gets recovered soon man!!

JKOL
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Sorry about your bike, hope you get it back in one piece.

MilkMan
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I know.. Serriously, I either want to go in a corner and cry, or go kick the cock sucker who took this shits teeth out of his fucking skull.. Please pardon the french. But the longer this sets in today the more and more I get pissed off and upset that someone could do this... I just dont know why this kind of shit keeps happening to me...
-Mick-

Wrider
Sun Jul 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Because they're jealous of your sexy ass vehicles...
You may be slow, but they do look good!

dhearkt
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM
i'm not trying to be a dick or anything and it might be outta place ,, but the faster and farther to get the word out the better ..

if my bike got took i would want somebody to do this for me
i built a cl ad really quick so pass it on ok

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3142618510.html

~Barn~
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
A very nice gesture, dhearkt!

TinkerinWstuff
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 10:32 AM
To echo what Ghost said. I don't think that the cops could care less about this problem. The officer that came to file my report didn't really seem to give a damn, and was there for less than 5 minutes. I even told him that our building had security cameras everywhere and that whomever took it has to be on camera, and his response exactly was "well if the detective thinks that information might be important, he might come down to review the film". What a fucking joke. What exactly am I paying for to get this kind of service from the people we entrust to protect us? Fucking over the police in this town. This is the second time I have had a car or bike stolen and they could care less.
-Mick-

He's just a beat cop man. His job isn't to investigate, just to take the statement. As he said, the statement will go to the investigator. It's not like every cop with a badge is a member of SVU out there to trap criminals.

Issue tickets and take statements. The rest of it filters up the chain from there. You could call the dept and ask if an investigator has been assigned.

Not that I'm some kind of expert - I just play one on the internet. Understand your frustration and hope you get justice.

Ghosty
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Werd, let us know the progress after you call the station and get assigned a detective. With so many thefts, I'd hope they're taking notice...

Nikdiculous
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Hope you get your bike back. Seems to be an exceptionally bad year for thefts, after all, not even Nighthawk 250s are safe: http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/3141138787.html

thankgod
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Goddamn thieves!!! This is an outrage! Milkman, good luck with everything bro, hope you get your bike back and these crooks do time.

MilkMan
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 01:18 PM
i'm not trying to be a dick or anything and it might be outta place ,, but the faster and farther to get the word out the better ..

if my bike got took i would want somebody to do this for me
i built a cl ad really quick so pass it on ok

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3142618510.html

Yes thank you again for putting that up. I am supposed to get the video from my office today and will hopefully be able to see what the guy looks like.. I'm sure at this point though that the bike has been completely stripped already:(
-Mick-

oh10raven
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Pretty crazy hearing abut all these recent thefts. I'm in a similar situation downtown, park my bike in a "security" controlled garage. The bikes covered and locked to a steal rail, but I know at any time I could come home to a bike-less spot. Good luck getting the insurance sorted out. I'll keep an eye out for it, but like you said it's probably in various pieces by now.

mdub
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I'll keep an eye out in the Highlands Ranch area. Sorry man.

same here...what a fking season for thieves....:mad:

MilkMan
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Was finally able to look over the video and I am sad to say that it is really almost no help.. Cant really see much as the guy walked into the garage and his back was to the cameras, and when he leaves, he has a beanie and sunglasses on @ 3:04am.. Makes me sick to watch someone ride MY bike out of MY house... The office here is going to give that video to the detective that is handling the case and I guess we'll go from there. I can pretty much tell from the video that this can not be the guys first time doing something like this either. You watch him walk in. Walk around for a few minutes well he looks for anyone walking in the garage, then he walks up to the floor the bike is on, and is out of sight for about 20 minutes. Then you see him push the bike into a dark area at the top of the first floor ramp and then he waits for a car to come into the keyed area. As this truck pulls up and opens the gate, he starts the bike, rides it down the ramp like he is waiting to leave, and then rides out the "In" gate after the truck has passed... He must have been looking around this building before to know where the bike was and where to move it to be out of the cameras sight as well... God damn I am so much more upset now that I have seen that footage and so pissed that you cant really make out who the guy is..
-Mick-

Ghosty
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Dude, I feel for ya. These cunts need to be caught in the act by someone with a shotgun!! Sorry to hear this Mick. Yope ya get rollin' in something else else soon...

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Sorry man.

Definitely seems like Denver's got professional thieves on the prowl...

longrider
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Pretty crazy hearing abut all these recent thefts. I'm in a similar situation downtown, park my bike in a "security" controlled garage. The bikes covered and locked to a steal rail, but I know at any time I could come home to a bike-less spot. Good luck getting the insurance sorted out. I'll keep an eye out for it, but like you said it's probably in various pieces by now.

Freudian slip??? :) ;)

Seriously, I hope your bike stays safe! I agree there must be a group of pros in town, this is too much in a short period of time to explain otherwise

oh10raven
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Freudian slip??? :) ;)

Seriously, I hope your bike stays safe! I agree there must be a group of pros in town, this is too much in a short period of time to explain otherwise

Yeah, I think so. Steel rail...

MilkMan
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I have already called a few places around town that buy used bike parts and asked them to be on the lookout. Steels' said that they keep a record of everyone they buy parts from and said to give them a call back in a week or so and see if anything has come up.. Other than that, I'm just down to searching CL and ebay I guess at this point..
-Mick-

Samko
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear about this Mick and thanks for helping getting my bike out of that ditch.

It would be nice if it was legal to rig up your gas tank so, that gasoline self ignites when someone steals your bike. Or you just dial a number and your gas tank explodes, stupid thief burns up in flames. But its illegal to prevent someone to steal your stuff, at least in a way where the thief ends up DEAD. hahahahahhahaah

In South Africa you can rig your car with flame throwers on driver/passanger side in case of car jacking. Perfectly LEGAL !