PDA

View Full Version : another 3 day ride...

ColorsdoPSE
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 11:05 AM
going to do this run again since I missed the last one. probably be leaving here in the next 2 weeks. if anybody is interested in going with me please let me know...

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43045

ssutton21
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM
i have sat,sun,mon off im down

osiris
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm definitely interested. Love me some long distance trips. Depends on the days, but I could be down for this.

Jmetz
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 01:10 PM
It's gonna be hot as shit out there..

salsashark
Mon Jul 16th, 2012, 01:17 PM
It's gonna be hot as shit out there..

Kind of what I was thinking :fire:

Although, we were out west this weekend and temps were all over the place. Was near triple digits out near Gateway on Friday, and I saw 45 (fog and rain) on the bike going over the Mesa near Cedaradge on Saturday...

ColorsdoPSE
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 10:51 PM
k, looks like saterday, sunday, monday then, unless someone else chimes in...
ran the weather, looks like the precip is hit and miss and the temps are actually averaging cooler than denver.

osiris
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 04:11 AM
I won't be able to do it this weekend. Sorry, guess I'll catch the next one!

Clovis
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I did the last trip, it's an awesome ride. I'm planning on going back towards the fall.

It's going to be super hot. Clifton, AZ which is the southern point is going to be 102 and higher - up to 110 in some parts. That's the reason why this trip is done in the spring or in the fall ;)

When we went in April it was like 90 degrees in Clifton. Alpine, AZ (the northern part of the trail) is higher elevation and cooler. Mid 70s to 80 degrees.

Gallup, NM (where we stayed for the first night) -- will be 90ish.

I would wait if it was me.

ColorsdoPSE
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 10:04 AM
i cant wait, im kind of on a time deadline before i might be going out of town for a year or so. temps cant be much worse then that stupid hot 2 weeks we had here in denver.

Clovis
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
That's true. It wont be "that" hot. Except in Clifton.

There's a cool Texas BBQ but I forgot what it's called. There's not many resturants there so it should be the only one. It has a HUGE open dining area.

bornwildnfree
Wed Jul 18th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Clifton was a furnace and that was the last week of March. Expect temps in the 115-120. Otherwise have an awesome time! It's epic!

Streetdoctor
Fri Jul 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm in for fall. Just got back today from a 3000 mi. trip through colorado, utah, wyoming, and montana. Hot as shit is right.