PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Lawyer Recommendations?

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I called a two firms that I found online, but they only handle DUI and Accidents, I'm looking for a lawyer/firm to handle a speeding ticket.

Give this club's penchant for performance awards, anyone on here have a lawyer that they've used and would recommend?

If so, what were the rough costs and what was the procedure? Did they handle it all without you, did they go to court with you, etc.

TYIA

grim
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Molly Jansen?

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Molly Jansen?

Have you used her? Or just heard of her?

salsashark
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM
^^ Barn has, and swears by her...

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
^^ Barn has, and swears by her...

Cool, I'll contact her. Thanks guys.

JKOL
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 12:56 PM
The best advice I can give, as Grim and I found out 1st hand, try to speed only in national parks. Tickets in national parks carry no points, only a $$$ donation to the park.

Nooch
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Could I ask for the story behind this? Just curious because I can't imagine a scenario where hiring a lawyer to fight a speeding ticket would end up cheaper than just paying the ticket (unless its the principle of the thing). Or are you just looking to setup a consultation for some fact-finding?

Also, I have a friend who used Molly Jansen as well for a DUI (she's on KBPI every Monday giving out legal advice to callers) and he says she was awesome to work with.

bornwildnfree
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Over the long run, paying my lawyer the money for my speeding ticket saved me not only in points but insurance fees since he got it knocked down from 6 to 2 pts non-moving violation. Totally worth it.

Nooch
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Over the long run, paying my lawyer the money for my speeding ticket saved me not only in points but insurance fees since he got it knocked down from 6 to 2 pts non-moving violation. Totally worth it.

That makes sense. I hadn't considered that, I've never been ticketed for speeding on a bike.

And now I'm gonna go find some wood to knock on lol.

Clovis
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
How much was the lawyer though?

grim
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM
The best advice I can give, as Grim and I found out 1st hand, try to speed only in national parks. Tickets in national parks carry no points, only a $$$ donation to the park.

:lol:

Yup if you are going to speed and get caught just do it on federal land.

bornwildnfree
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 03:25 PM
@ Clovis $750

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM

^This.

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM

:lol:

Yup if you are going to speed and get caught just do it on federal land.

I'll keep it in mind...

NUTZ
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Another plus for Molly. She refereed me to another lawyer who got took me from an 8pt moving down to 0pt non moving.

Ghost
Tue Jul 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Another plus for Molly. She refereed me to another lawyer who got took me from an 8pt moving down to 0pt non moving.

That's what I'd like to see.

Curious, but what'd that cost you in total?